SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

I use pad. I can only do iCS using the standard input as fast as I can. I've tried 2 circle method on analog but it only works for normal CS, it's way too slow for iCS. I have actually stopped trying to do iCS every time, it's not worth it. I was only able to get one in 30-40 tries anyway. Landed it only once, online. Normal CS has many many more possibilities.

Honestly I think they should patch iCS. There's no reason to do it. Either make it much stronger (110dmg like in SC2) or make it easier. The move is ridiculous now. It's easily *the* most difficult JF in the game and it's surprisingly weak.

I have this nagging feeling the old girl hasn't hit the gym in awhile and has taken to donut shop.
It's just that I'm getting beaten by things I could usually beat in the past games. Anyone else agree or can validate?

The 2 circle method is the only way I can pull off iCS. Trust me it works. Just do fast circles, end at 4, then do 666. I never actually landed it, but if I try hard I can do iCS maybe 10% of the time with the 2 circle method.

Edit: Just to specify, I'm talking about 2 circles on xbox analog.

I'm having an incredibly hard time playing with Ivy online if there is even the slightest bit of lag.

I don't know what happened. I was winning a lot last week and now I'm just losing losing losing. This is so frustrating.

I'm having an incredibly hard time playing with Ivy online if there is even the slightest bit of lag.

I don't know what happened. I was winning a lot last week and now I'm just losing losing losing. This is so frustrating.

I'm the exact opposite. Aside from just picking Ivy up, I'm already doing waaaay better then I used to with Viola and Tira. Of course, I'm a lot more familiar with Ivy because I've been using her for ages, but I can see the potential in here.

I'm the exact opposite. Aside from just picking Ivy up, I'm already doing waaaay better then I used to with Viola and Tira. Of course, I'm a lot more familiar with Ivy because I've been using her for ages, but I can see the potential in here.
Same here, I'm having a great time with Ivy online... I'm not winning a metric butt-ton of fights yet, but that's mostly due to my unfamiliarity at the moment, but as long as you know what moves are safe and effective, and which of the unsafe moves you can use against your current opponent, you're golden!

I hear you, man. Happens to me too, but maybe we should ignore those downs (no one is invincible, eh?). At this stage of SCV's life, I would say it's perfectly normal to get beaten by someone who has perfected a character who you're not fully accustomed to. It's also the other way around. There are many people who're not used to a good Ivy player so they get easily beaten. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

I'm an advocate of using someone OTHER than Ivy from time to time. Not only because it helps to have a secondary, but its more of a way to train yourself to not rely on the same gimmicks to get the V.

For example, I also am trying to get a secondary Pyr because she's the basic goddess. She not only covers Ivy's weaknesses fairly well, but I also can test (in casuals) both characters to increase my fundamentals and overall play, not just character specific playstyles.

I'm an advocate of using someone OTHER than Ivy from time to time. Not only because it helps to have a secondary, but its more of a way to train yourself to not rely on the same gimmicks to get the V.

For example, I also am trying to get a secondary Pyr because she's the basic goddess. She not only covers Ivy's weaknesses fairly well, but I also can test (in casuals) both characters to increase my fundamentals and overall play, not just character specific playstyles.
With that said, that is one of the greatest things I've loved about the SC series, it's easy to pick up and play any of the characters and learn some basic moves and dominate if you know how to use them well... Of course, it's great that you can also spend time with a single character and become godly... Awesome game for beginners and perfectionists alike...

This is a great suggestion, one that I've started considering. Cervantes is the character that appeals to me most as a secondary.

WTF Ring, you can't complain about Ivy and then win!

Congratulations. =)

How dare you win Ring. How dare you.

I'm the only one who didn't win this weekend then. T_T (GF though, but still). Effing Mitsu.

Thanks guys. It was a great tournament, by far the best in my life. I had most trouble against Viola. I knew nothing about this character. I'm taking her to the lab next time.

Despite her low damage at least Ivy can be played quite safe so it's still not that bad I guess.I have learned a few things during SC4 that will help me to become better in the SCV. Now I have no choice but to win the London finals and go meet Link =P

Trivia: I had a "fantastic" plan not to sleep at all two days before the tournament. I figured I'd then fall asleep really early on friday and rest for at least 10 hours before the event. What happened was that I couldn't even close my eyes because I was so stressed and in the end I had to play the tournament after 30 slepless hours and then after party (50h). If someone can't deal with tourney nerves like me, I advice not to try the same thing haha.

Thanks guys. It was a great tournament, by far the best in my life. I had most trouble against Viola. I knew nothing about this character. I'm taking her to the lab next time.

Despite her low damage at least Ivy can be played quite safe so it's still not that bad I guess.I have learned a few things during SC4 that will help me to become better in the SCV. Now I have no choice but to win the London finals and go meet Link =P

Trivia: I had a "fantastic" plan not to sleep at all two days before the tournament. I figured I'd then fall asleep really early on friday and rest for at least 10 hours before the event. What happened was that I couldn't even close my eyes because I was so stressed and in the end I had to play the tournament after 30 slepless hours and then after party (50h). If someone can't deal with tourney nerves like me, I advice not to try the same thing haha.
LOL. Next time get some Ambien and a beta-blocker ;)

You missed the most integral part of that plan Ring: Alcohol and/or food induced coma. :)

Well, I never said Ivy was amazing, but I maintain she isn't awful. Glad to see you somewhat coming around. =P

Don't sleep for two days = play your best ever? Sounds like a new tournament ritual to me.

Back