SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

GI into GI is a super high level technique. How else are you supposed to use meter with Ivy?

Lol, I'll have to keep that in mind. I've been foolishly using it for pretty fiery redness up in the corner... but mashing GI definitely sounds more useful.

I've also started successfully Just Guarding some of the casts 2 hit BEs... if others in the area start following my lead, I won't have any use for meter :/

Lol, I'll have to keep that in mind. I've been foolishly using it for pretty fiery redness up in the corner... but mashing GI definitely sounds more useful.

I've also started successfully Just Guarding some of the casts 2 hit BEs... if others in the area start following my lead, I won't have any use for meter :/

Oh, I thought you were poking fun at me for accidentally GI'ing right after a successful GI, wasting both my advantage and meter. But yeah, GI is underused in my opinion. I try to use it a lot against Viola especially, since she gets so much more use from a BE than Ivy does. If she burns meter to reGI, great. If not, hopefully taking my free damage has given me a round advantage to throw one away on eating a death combo. At least, that was the plan. Executing it is easier said than done.

If you're having trouble using meter due to getting better at JG, you can always JG -> 1B BE. A lot of moves that aren't generic pokes are -16 or worse on JG, and hitting 1B BE with the opponent having yellow life = round win. And of course CE is still worthwhile. Handing out discipline is the reason we play Ivy, after all.

Hahaha, that ... was me holding a grudge. The only time I played the Japanese prior to that night is when I went to SBO for SC3 Arcade Edition. Yeah, we didn't have cabinets here, but still, I'm sure they were not impressed by my play there. I felt like I had to prove that I'm much better when it's a game I'm familiar with and practiced up on.

Oh, I thought you were poking fun at me for accidentally GI'ing right after a successful GI, wasting both my advantage and meter. But yeah, GI is underused in my opinion.

I was poking fun at you :-p I do need to use GI a lot more... as in actually use it once in a while. I keep forgetting about it.

from what i have seen of ivy gameplay in tourneys, i have noticed that everyone prefers jumping B over jumping K, but can someone answer me why? i mean, jumping K is safer, ROs, wallsplats and is KND on hit, the only thing it doesnt have its speed.

And range. 9B kills backdash when used at advantage/ small frame disadvantage. Also hits grounded and it's pretty good for punishing certain moves (such as Siegfried's 66B)

And range. 9B kills backdash when used at advantage/ small frame disadvantage. Also hits grounded and it's pretty good for punishing certain moves (such as Siegfried's 66B)

but then i dont think its being used as a jumping move, but more as a tool get in close, far or punishing.

Jumping B has slightly more uses in general which is why people prefer it over Jump K.

7_8_9K is still a very good move, it has great tracking, KND and it's safe on block. Can be used as a reliable antistep mid, where as Jump B is extremely linear.

Back