SCV Ivy Video Thread

Hi,

I have taken the initiative of creating an official YT channel for our Soul Arena. This is something I wanted to do for quite some time. I want it to become Ivy's largest Video Archive with combo movies, glitches, secrets and of course matches, not only for SCIV and SCV, but also previous installments. What do you guys think? I think it's worth to try.

http://www.youtube.com/user/8WRIvySoulArena

There's nothing on the channel yet. Will require some new design too.

Excellent idea, if you need any help creating a template, I can help there, Also I be finishing that video soon. I know I'm taking to long.

Guess its a good start to put the current prelaunch builds into playlists. Or something like that?

Yeah, will do that later.

I also have some older videos for uploading as well, including SC3 Beta footage (ever wanted to see SW 2B+K Guard Break?)

Another TGS vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glGlWl4eYNI

WP BB (2nd hit looks like WP 44BB)
WP 4A+B,B not NC. (Got CH for mashing.)
WP 66A,CL 33A. Its a string rite?
SW 3A Counterhit is shakable.

CE looks like 70-75 dmg.
Notice the size of the active window of the CE based on comparing the CE (late hit) from 2nd round to the (earliest) third round. 2nd round actually is a miss, but the actual grab animation itself has a hitbox too. 4th round CE got interrupted before startup.

Edit: Judging by those 2 CE instances, Ivy herself is a hitbox from the freezeframe til all the way as she drops her hand down.

I don´t know why Daishi recently tweet that she is the best character of all we have now, I see a lot of inecesary nerfing, we´ll have to wait until good players put his hands on her...

I don´t know why Daishi recently tweet that she is the best character of all we have now, I see a lot of inecesary nerfing, we´ll have to wait until good players put his hands on her...

I can sort of understand the need to balance her ever since all her tools are merged into one single stance. So by nerfing her dmg/tools and making the better counterparts as BE is just a step to encourage the player use meter to win in this game etc. Thing is we've yet to see BE put into good use aside from SS.

I want a BE for the nerfed WP 3A to work as a combo starter on NH or BE CL 4B which gives + a million on block. <dreamy> Cos the current CL33B or SW 6B into BE followup looks meh.....

Even Queens Gate Ivy looks stronger lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJBZHN5eNnI&feature=related

that video has shown me things ive wanted to see,by the looks of it she should still be just as good at fighting long and mid range
we actually see her SE A+B hit but the damage was terrible for a slow quite easy to get out of UB like that the damage should be good,theyve weakened her too much and innecesarily nerfed quite a few things
glad to see her SW 3A still stuns atleast,lets hope theres still as much combo availability for it
i dont like how there trying to force us to using meter so much by making other characters tools nerfed so some are just stupid by the looks of it,like ivys stuns that just make you drop straight onto the floor
i hope the characters dont ended up like downgraded compared to SC4 ones or ill go mad

Now the dmg of SE A+B off neutral is fair...Its still one chunk of 80dmg gone in an instant. If the purpose is to catch a screwup, Id use this over moves like SW 44B. If u remember SC2, it was like 114dmg.

Imo its not forcing, but limiting dmg to choices and hitconfirms... but ofcos the rewards are meant to be high... :/

Btw Ring, in SC2 CH 6B+K2_8 is 60dmg !!! lol. Altho SW 214K was about the same back then.

214K in SC2 was i17 and +2 on NH :) If only it was the same in SCV....

I'm happy that SE A+B is UB again. Because it can be done from neutral now I think it might work as a nasty techtrap after fall stun moves.

Now the dmg of SE A+B off neutral is fair...Its still one chunk of 80dmg gone in an instant. If the purpose is to catch a screwup, Id use this over moves like SW 44B. If u remember SC2, it was like 114dmg.

ok thanks for letting me know,i dont know what it is,i think im seeing the damage as smaller than it actually is in SCV for some reason 80 dmg is fine
,and yeah ring it could be a techtrap after a fall stun i didnt really think of that
you guys are obviously way more advanced than me ,i just learn by playing rather than learning frames and such i really need to brush up on things like that but i think im just waiting until SCV now
people say im good but sometimes the moves i do dont make much sense,i guess im kinda slow at adapting to things mid fight too, im not that good btw
and OMG ring that SC2 ivy skills video was so cool!i wish her combos were as cool as that now,they end up all the same or similiar in SC4

Its all "imo". How much dmg something gets is subjective and also with some reasoning...

Past games, SE A+B r mostly used say after a KD, which catches techers while Ivy is still in SE. Getting into stance SE safely itself was a risk and hence using it. Now in SCV, her SE A+B setups are endless or can even be used as a neutral spacing tool. In a sense its a buff bcos there's endless increase of chances to use it. Say an opponent is scared waiting for a CE, and u trap them to the corner with this move. A "horizontal mid" UB itself is very strong bcos very few chars can escape with proper position and trap.

I call the dmg fair bcos imo anymore is broken good from above reasons. Anyless I would use less bcos of risk reward. If they get in and hit me on Counterhit, strong chars do around 50-70dmg. If they come in and reverse the momentum the dmg of getting out of pressure could addup to be even more. Esp now chars have CE reversals, its even more risky. So the damage of the move has to be even or more to be rewarding enough for me to use.

Edit: Including SW [A+B], that is 2 horizontal mid unblockables. In comparison, SE A+B is much safer, bcos even when it misses Ivy has retreated behind her attack. Few chars can get free punish bcos they have to backstep. SW [A+B] itself is great for reaching forward but is open to quick step.

yeah i can see how it can easily be a lot better now,you could just use it to keep the opponent away even if you didnt really intend it to hit them like you said with spacing
actually i think ive changed my mind about SE unless it was made a lot better which it woudnt be,lets kiss it goodbye

i think the spiral stances would be a valuable addition to her in this version,doing better than they did in SC2 like when she cancels her WP 4A+B or 3A+B it would bring her to one of them, oh well maybe next time,if they were to come back now it might be too much

i cant say bye bye to the spiral stances ,id like those to come back in some way even if it was in SCVI lol

I have to ask Why? I never understood the Hype behind SS and ST. I didnt hate them or anything but i never cared for them as much especially since most of the moves they had became Wp moves though i do miss ST 2A and the Grab in to BT.

well i think in her current form a lot of her moves that may perhaps been gotten rid of could be put into SS and/or ST
with some rearranging of moves,i just liked how they linked into SE nicely it could make her attack very quickly with a chain of moves,

i cant elaborate on SC2 very well even though i think that would be my favourite, and favourite ivy, i was too young then i guess, i didnt exatcly learn things properly then, i only recently played SC1 to see what ivy was like in that 1 by emulating it

i guess i just liked the look of them too,i dont see why ivy cant spin around her whip like a chain it makes great sense
i guess its more for visuals than moves,but i liked the way they flowed and connected to SE
but if it was to come back now i think they could be made really usefull

I wasnt Asking to try and question your skill or understanding of the SC series or anything. I was 12-13 when it came out and only really understood combos and knew nothing about Footsies and Pokes and techtraps and the such. I was more so asking was it the effect of having stance or moves or just the visual flare, which you answered.

What about everybody else Why did/do you like/love SS and ST in Sc2?

Back