SCV Ivy Video Thread

I also made a Ivy/combo vid.

Also, thank you Shaggy Smoker for that Tezhas Flood vid. I almost gave that move up. And it's one of the best moves she has so I really would cripple my game.

couple more matches from the internets

+ REALLY like your CS buffering. I'm curious on what controller you use and how do you input it standing (3rd round Sieg vid) without too much twitching, if at all. Did you buffer it off 6B9?

- Not a fan of most of her whip moves on general, but I can't really condemn that since it's too early in the game to box Ivy into one playstyle. HOWEVER, if that Pyrrha O. was even a tad bit better, you would be in serious pain doing those moves. [ B ] in particular is DNS punishable.

All in all, I think your opp's got scurred of CS really.

wow! Link is an amazing Ivy player!!got to practice more to play near this way...thanks for shearing this video!

Great fight, was able to pick up a few tips as well... Been a while since I really got into SC, so it actually feels good to watch fights, learn techniques and be a part of a SC community again... Really miss the arcade days, though... Nothing like going to the arcade and chilling with friends and just having a good time...

+ REALLY like your CS buffering. I'm curious on what controller you use and how do you input it standing (3rd round Sieg vid) without too much twitching, if at all. Did you buffer it off 6B9?

- Not a fan of most of her whip moves on general, but I can't really condemn that since it's too early in the game to box Ivy into one playstyle. HOWEVER, if that Pyrrha O. was even a tad bit better, you would be in serious pain doing those moves. [ B ] in particular is DNS punishable.

All in all, I think your opp's got scurred of CS really.

Thanks. Yea, I agree with the Pyrrha Omega. I've been up against a few others since then and they seemed unstoppable.. ..using ultra safe moves and such. One mistake from me, match is pretty much over.

In the Siegfried vid, you're right. I did buffer the CS during 6B9. I think that's why she didn't move too much in that 3rd round CS. ..can't really remember. I've been using the 360 method and finding lots of success with it - but never have i seen a iCS come out on my TV.

As far as what i type of controller, I just use a basic Hori fighting stick with square gate. It says 'Fighting Stick 3' if that means anything. Bought it off craigslist lol.

We do have to laugh at ourselves given how much we have been complaint about how much Ivy sucks, and then Link just won that...

Not really. Ivy still sucks, Link is just OP. I saw very few matches, but I heard the other Ivys bombed out pretty early didn't they?

Not really. Ivy still sucks, Link is just OP. I saw very few matches, but I heard the other Ivys bombed out pretty early didn't they?

This is the exact kind of attitude that link is trying to discourage. I think he's showed us that it can be done, so we need to shut it with the whining for a while and learn the damn character.

Here's what I've learned from watching WB last weekend.

1. Ivy doesn't have good low/mid games, but she does have a good mid/throw game. Always threaten the enemy with 1B[BE] once you get meter. Especially when the opponent is getting up from a down position, running in to threaten 1B[BE] or CS seems very scary.

2. Using throws/lows against Ivy's fucking dangerous because of FC1B punish, 70-85 damage counter.

3. link thinks iCS overrated, it builds meter for the opponent a lot

4. everyone needs to go learn 22_88B BBBBBjf pronto! no reason not to use it.

5. random feet movement into A+G throw is hilarious. XD

There are obviously more really cool things I've noticed about his play, but I'll keep them to myself for now.
Everyone needs to watch the round of 8 and onward like twice....amazing show of skills and tricks there.

Unless someone absolutely gets JG of 1B BE down on reaction, no reason not to do it. Even if the person is expecting it -- if they screw up, you still get guaranteed 6KB combo. Saw that happen pleeenty of times in WB.

Only chars I would be cautious about this move would be Mitsu and the like who has a 4B evade.

Unless someone absolutely gets JG of 1B BE down on reaction, no reason not to do it. Even if the person is expecting it -- if they screw up, you still get guaranteed 6KB combo. Saw that happen pleeenty of times in WB.

Only chars I would be cautious about this move would be Mitsu and the like who has a 4B evade.
I'm sorry but no. On block you can easily step the second hit, JG, auto GI , GI or use a move with evasive properties.

1B BE is a pure gimmick that can only work for so long. People need to finally realize that. It's not a godsend move that will save us from any kind of trouble.

I'm sorry but no. On block you can easily step the second hit, JG, auto GI , GI or use a move with evasive properties.

1B BE is a pure gimmick that can only work for so long. People need to finally realize that. It's not a godsend move that will save us from any kind of trouble.

Then, as a form of practice, do you recommend just trying not to use the move at all other than punishing something worse than -16?

Then, as a form of practice, do you recommend just trying not to use the move at all other than punishing something worse than -16?
If your opponent doesn't know how to deal with it then I guess there's no harm in spamming it on block and getting your guaranteed 4B/6B8K until they start doing something to prevent it. But I don't think you should focus your gameplay purely on this move. It's good for punishing (not great due to its limited reach), true.

You can also try to use it very occasionally on block - there's lesser chance that they will react to it. Kinda like with 1K/22_88K now.

If your opponent doesn't know how to deal with it then I guess there's no harm in spamming it on block and getting your guaranteed 4B/6B8K until they start doing something to prevent it. But I don't think you should focus your gameplay purely on this move. It's good for punishing (not great due to its limited reach), true.

You can also try to use it very occasionally on block - there's lesser chance that they will react to it. Kinda like with 1K/22_88K now.

What's a good safe mid to throw out once people have figured out 1B[BE]?
Maybe 66B[BE] may be faster and safer since it pushes back on guard?

What's a good safe mid to throw out once people have figured out 1B[BE]?
Maybe 66B[BE] may be faster and safer since it pushes back on guard?
If you want to use 66B BE I suggest to use it mostly for CH 22_88A combo or as a punisher (i17 45dmg available from FC with nice range). Throwing it out randomly in hope for a CH is not exactly a super safe option. Most of 2-hit (and more) combinations in this game are weak to JG/GI/aGI etc, and this one is no different.

Regular 66B is good, 6B, 3B. Maybe 2A+B too,but use it very carefully. On block it leaves Ivy at huge disadvantage so don't try to step/backstep or you will get CH (yep, SC4 times are over). It can be a nice setup for JG or GI, though.

How dare you win Ring. How dare you.

I'm the only one who didn't win this weekend then. T_T (GF though, but still). Effing Mitsu.

Back