SCV may still need patches...

I remember that Hazu and Rosa said multiple times on French live streams: "Rule #1: Never believe anything that Pantocrator says about Siegfried. Never." :P

Good reminder Joel.

Yeah, thinking Pantocrator is a whiny bitch is something, not agreeing on his PoV concerning balancing and Siegfried, that's perfectly fair. But disregarding him as a bad player or even a scrub... Well I'd love to see some of you trash talkers go against him in tournament or FT5. Just saying ;)
Gladly, It will be hard
though because maxi is terrible in pAL Version of SCV, or so I've heard

I remember that Hazu and Rosa said multiple times on French live streams: "Rule #1: Never believe anything that Pantocrator says about Siegfried. Never." :P

Never believe anyone who says "Leixia is too weak, low-tier, or isn't good". Never.

Last edited:
Lack of match-up knowledge (not punishing - reacting correctly) is suddendly out the equation when it comes to general level of a country ? You just explained perfectly why the general level is still low in Europe and US.
Not that it's a final fact that cant evolve mind you, there's still time to get better for motivated players, but stop deluding yourself please.

I'm delusional? Maybe if you actually traveled outside of your country and played more than a couple of Japanese players then I'd believe you. Maybe if you did that, you would've seen the stream the Japanese players put up where they lost the good majority of the matches post-Evo...or maybe, since it's the only crutch you have to live by, if you paid attention to the Evo results then you'd see that Decopon took first and the next highest placing took fifth, tying with the lowest placing American. Or, maybe, you would reference the fact that (even at the cost of eating my own words), did not do well at this year's Evo where I claimed there were not many good players AFTER DOMINATING OVERSEAS.

OR, maybe (and, yes, this warranted a whole new paragraph), you would pay attention to how the Americans did against Kura, who you guys love to dickride, at Evo. But I think it'd be best if you guys just shut the fuck up until you get some background that would allow you to actually contribute something meaningful. Like I said, either everyone's garbage or you guys should just say you don't know what the hell you're talking about and are projecting your own suck unto the US.

"B-b-but Decopon won Evo!" lolololol! You guys, man! You guys! I'm pretty sure that, like the week before Evo even, ShenYuan and ShenChan either won or got top 8 (I'm almost positively sure that ShenYuan won the whole thing). ShenYuan didn't get top 8 at Evo and ShenChan took second--are we to say all of the sudden that Raymus sucks dick (at the game) when that's far from true (nevermind the fact that I think he lost to ShenChan and possibly an American...I'm sorry...Evo was years ago and I don't hold on to it like some of you guys, so, if anything is wrong, feel free to correct it).

EDIT: I have been informed that Raymus lost to ShenChan and Sylvester Stallone. I mean Kaamage.

Last edited:
I think Astaroth whiffs against little girls even worse than Siegfried does. And I don't just mean failing to connect with the smaller hitbox, I mean going right through them.
Dont say that to the little girl players. They'll say you're just a sore loser/complainer.
Ive even had guys take credit for moves going right through them, then saying, they were the ones who made it happen :0
Yep, you heard right : they said they caused the moves to whiff right through them without stepping blocking etc.
Pyrrha, Viola, Patroklos, Omega Pyrrhha...
You know the culprits..

Dont say that to the little girl players. They'll say you're just a sore loser/complainer.
Ive even had guys take credit for moves going right through them, then saying, they were the ones who made it happen :0
Yep, you heard right : they said they caused the moves to whiff right through them without stepping blocking etc.
Pyrrha, Viola, Patroklos, Omega Pyrrhha...
You know the culprits..

Patroklos?

Chu-Fye says people who play Viola or the Greeks aren't good, but he refuses to drop names of top players who use these characters.

To say players aren't good because they play top tier chars is a bit stupid.

Sure playing a char who has been classed top tier has a lot better tools than the average character and sometimes even straightdown BS, but I havent seen any char in this game who is remotely MK level broken, except for Viola's ToD combos.

The balance in this game is decent enough that any player can play any character(Except for maybe ZWEI) and with the skill to do it, can fight any opponent.

To say players aren't good because they play top tier chars is a bit stupid.

Sure playing a char who has been classed top tier has a lot better tools than the average character and sometimes even straightdown BS, but I havent seen any char in this game who is remotely MK level broken, except for Viola's ToD combos.

The balance in this game is decent enough that any player can play any character(Except for maybe ZWEI) and with the skill to do it, can fight any opponent.
Funny thing is I never said such a thing. Be careful with hear say!

Back on topic. Yes, Patroklos!!!!! He has hitbox whiffing issues just like the other lil females.

At EVO, the tournament format being 2/3 plus the higher damage in SCV made for some janky results.

I lost count of how many games ended on last round/last hit, and how many salty face I've seen from the people who lost. But when people were playing in longer sets at the hotel, foreigners were getting bopped, Kura lost, and Decopon was nowhere to be found when everybody was trying to play him. Guess he was tired.

Since moving on to 3/5, we've seen more consistent results, and the majority of the cast is able to compete in this game. It's not like SC4 where you need to ignore half the roster since they were unable to compete.

For SCV, the only place where the skill level was low was France because the stronger players quit the game early. And we saw what happened when the Japanese flew over for WGC, and the aftermath since then.

Whiffing issues has always been with this series, but instead of fixing them, Namco moves on to something else which is out of my control. I'd kill for an update to SCV instead of re-releasing SC2 which people are going to drop once Ultra SF4 comes out, and now some F2P stuff that I don't even care about. Why not just package that content into an update? Oh well.

At EVO, the tournament format being 2/3 plus the higher damage in SCV made for some janky results.

I lost count of how many games ended on last round/last hit, and how many salty face I've seen from the people who lost. But when people were playing in longer sets at the hotel, foreigners were getting bopped, Kura lost, and Decopon was nowhere to be found when everybody was trying to play him. Guess he was tired.

Since moving on to 3/5, we've seen more consistent results, and the majority of the cast is able to compete in this game. It's not like SC4 where you need to ignore half the roster since they were unable to compete.

For SCV, the only place where the skill level was low was France because the stronger players quit the game early. And we saw what happened when the Japanese flew over for WGC, and the aftermath since then.

Whiffing issues has always been with this series, but instead of fixing them, Namco moves on to something else which is out of my control. I'd kill for an update to SCV instead of re-releasing SC2 which people are going to drop once Ultra SF4 comes out, and now some F2P stuff that I don't even care about. Why not just package that content into an update? Oh well.

Whiffing was indeed always a issue, but just to make sure, Bamco made those who have WHiff problems, whiff even more.

"2A+B (Grief Impact): no longer hits opponents lying down at close distance."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
Please hand the balancing prospect to another company....

Whiffing was indeed always a issue, but just to make sure, Bamco made those who have WHiff problems, whiff even more.

"2A+B (Grief Impact): no longer hits opponents lying down at close distance."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
Please hand the balancing prospect to another company....
Can an actual Siegfried player please give the rationale behind the change?

It was done because Namco didn't want Sieg's 2A+B to hit grounded at close range for whatever reason, so they nerfed the hitbox so it would not do so. Possibly because of the oki pressure it gave, but considering 2A+B is totally reactable, I'm not sure it gave much oki pressure in the first place.

Overall it didn't change much in my Sieg game, just means 2A+B whiffs more often if I do try it really.

So pre-patch, 2A+B had some jank combos up close.

CH 3(B) ~ SCH k(BE) ~ 2(A+B) ~ SBH k(BE) - 124 damage / Around 130 Tech Trap

Needs no explanation. You could dump one bar into a CH 3(B) combo for roughly half life.

SCH B ~ 2(A+B) ~ SBH k(BE) - 102 damage / 114 Clean Hit / 124 Tech Trap / 142 Tech Trap (Both Hits)

This one is interesting, in that this was randomly escapable depending on who you were. Patroklos, Pyrrha and Ezio, for example, could tech to their left, but only up close. In contrast, Nightmare, Siegfried and Hilde could tech to his right at any range. The fact that it was a safe, clean hitting, 100+ damage dealing combo starter out of the stance that Siegfried now has the easiest time entering tells me that either it was unintended entirely - as evidenced by it working differently on certain characters - or that they saw it for the high damage dealer that it was, looked at his other tools, and decided he really didn't need it.

But it's not just those two things. The second combo/tech trap also works in concert with all the other stuff he has in this post, too. Getting hit with SCH B basically meant you were going to lose a metric fuckload of life if you guessed wrong on any of these options, with not all of these options equivalent to Siegfried getting the same assraping if you guessed right.

Namco probably thought that crippling 2A+B's hitbox at certain ranges was better than the two alternatives: A) Nerfing SCH B so it doesn't give as much damage or okizeme options, or B) letting it run unchecked and allowing Siegfried to get all kiiiiiinds of retarded damage and set-ups. Seeing as how pre-patch Siegfried was pretty fucking amazing in other ways, I can definitely agree with that logic.

Last edited:
So what was the reasoning behind the B4 GB nerf then? Considering it is pretty easy to JG, I would like to hear the reasons behind that nerf.

So what was the reasoning behind the B4 GB nerf then? Considering it is pretty easy to JG, I would like to hear the reasons behind that nerf.

A move that breaks in 7, is +10 on block, has force block-it-or-take-stupid-damage set-ups, has multiple timings (i34 to i50) to foil Just Guard and Guard Impact, 48 damage if they don't guard, randomly Clean Hits for 60, gives a knockdown for more bullshit on hit. This move was absolutely amazing pre-patch, and it still is very strong - all they did was make it break in 3 less hits.

And as a pre-emptive to "Well, surely you don't think the 22A nerf was justified?!", a safe mid horizontal that pressures guard (15), good range, knocks down on hit, and finally has TC from i6 (i16 with step) onward. You could use this to get out of a lot of pressure up close while still remaining safe. Now you just have to take a slightly bigger risk - if you know they're going high, just do WR (B) instead. More bang for your buck.

Last edited:
Back