SCV: Online etiquette Yes or Do What You Want?

SCV: Online etiquette Yes or Do What You Want?

• Total voters
If you want to keep playing online you should stick to playing 8wayrunners.

Sure. Too bad I fought two "8wayrunners" who used Lag tactics on me >_>

That is to say when I fought Jonny, jargon, and Pocky that was the best time of my life.

But sure Laser I have a feeling you have a sense of Honor and respect when fighting people online.

My online etiquette is actually simple. I encourage 8wayrunners to find their comfort zone and use what works for them. When they want to improve, that's when their "gameplay" should be criticized should I know what character they use. I usually don't mind if a 8wayrunner uses lag tactics on me most times. Merely because I treat you all like long distance relationship buddies. If you feel the need to overkill or what not feel free. If I know my opponent is a friendly rival, I can rest easy and not rage compared to someone I don't know/lag scrub I know I will not get along with.

The idea of online etiquette is pretty ludicrous. The person responsible for the person playing and how they play is the person playing. That is the same person who owns the system they play on, the soul calibur game they are playing, and the home and television they are using.

Well the online is looking great, are they only playing against japan or have they played worldwide?

Well the online is looking great, are they only playing against japan or have they played worldwide?
I saw Can earlier and I guess that means Canada. I don't think all the players in that room where from Japan because it had a Jpn next to some connections but not all

Sure. Too bad I fought two "8wayrunners" who used Lag tactics on me >_>

That is to say when I fought Jonny, jargon, and Pocky that was the best time of my life.

But sure Laser I have a feeling you have a sense of Honor and respect when fighting people online.
I hope you're not referring to me. anyway i switched to PS3 now and find many more PSN lag tactic users than I did on xbox live. for me I don't care if i lose to a lag tactic user. i know nothing is gained for neither players but there is just that question in my mind that wonders what's going through that person's head to use lag tactics so excessively and be alright with it knowing it's a pretty cheap and short cut way of trying to win. I never use lag tactics now even if the other person does a lot. I play fair and I can't seem to resort myself to stooping to their level. and an annoying thing is when I use certain moves that people accuse being lag tactics but upon trying it out it isn't. like Talim's 4A+K, A. a lot of people complain that it's an online tactic but can still be blocked on reaction yet they use people like Siegfried, Kilik, and Amy and play cheaply with them. lately i've been encountering a lot of lag lizardman players. they do those trip moves and that can translate into some decent damage.

I hope you're not referring to me. anyway i switched to PS3 now and find many more PSN lag tactic users than I did on xbox live. for me I don't care if i lose to a lag tactic user. i know nothing is gained for neither players but there is just that question in my mind that wonders what's going through that person's head to use lag tactics so excessively and be alright with it knowing it's a pretty cheap and short cut way of trying to win. I never use lag tactics now even if the other person does a lot. I play fair and I can't seem to resort myself to stooping to their level. and an annoying thing is when I use certain moves that people accuse being lag tactics but upon trying it out it isn't. like Talim's 4A+K, A. a lot of people complain that it's an online tactic but can still be blocked on reaction yet they use people like Siegfried, Kilik, and Amy and play cheaply with them. lately i've been encountering a lot of lag lizardman players. they do those trip moves and that can translate into some decent damage.

Again, that's assuming every person that plays online knows what lag tactics are, and/or, are concerned about being a top level, offline player. Also, this is expecting that everybody who pays for their game, is willing to abide by a set of rules regarding the way a person "should" play online, maintained by the minority of soul calibur players world wide. Fair? This is online. Everything is fair online. Just get over it and play the game and stop trying to control everyone elses experience of the game.

You guys realize this thread hasn't been touched in 3 months until today?

We don't try to control anyone's experience. This "online etiquette" is simply here for those who don't want to fight with lag tactics/abuse.

By all means, play however you want. No one cares and no one is stopping you.

We don't try to control anyone's experience. This "online etiquette" is simply here for those who don't want to fight with lag tactics/abuse.

Do you mean "we" or "you". You can only speak for yourself. My response, and I quoted who I was responding to, was to a person who does complain about lag tactics. Some one who does apparently want to control the online experience. " but there is just that question in my mind that wonders what's going through that person's head to use lag tactics so excessively and be alright with it knowing it's a pretty cheap and short cut way of trying to win"

Quoted from the post of the poster I was responding to.

And people do care. That's why you get kicking, hate mail, banning, ..the works.

I think they stopped sadly. It looked really smooth. I hope this isn't because a lot of people don't have the game yet.

Never mind no they didn't.
Online play perfomance isn't likely to decrease as more people get the game when online matches are hosted in a peer-to-peer fashion.

The matchmaking and player lobby stuff might, though, cause that's probably done on centralized servers.

Again, that's assuming every person that plays online knows what lag tactics are, and/or, are concerned about being a top level, offline player. Also, this is expecting that everybody who pays for their game, is willing to abide by a set of rules regarding the way a person "should" play online, maintained by the minority of soul calibur players world wide. Fair? This is online. Everything is fair online. Just get over it and play the game and stop trying to control everyone elses experience of the game.
i wasn't trying to force people to play a certain way and no where in my post does it say that. i stated that I don't care if a person uses lag tactics because there is no gain. read my post before trying to address my points. and i wasn't complaining either. why do some people reply without even fully knowing what they trying to point out?

In your post above you stated "But there is just that question in my mind that wonders what's going through the that person's head to use lag tactics so excessively and be alright with it knowing it's a pretty cheap and short cut way of trying to win"

That's assuming all online players even know they are using lag tactics, which only top, or hard core offline soul calibur players even take seriously.....that's also assuming they know it's a pretty cheap and short cut way of trying to win.

In your post above you stated "I never use lag tactics now even if the other person does a lot. I play fair and I can't seem to resort myself to stooping to their level"

Fair? Stooping to their level? You are using definitive adjectives here to describe a certain world or system of playing. This is a form of control. You are categorizing your style of play vs. theirs. Who are you to decide? Just play the game and let everyone experience it the way they want to. After all, they brought their own game, their own television set, and pay for their own internet service. I don't mean to offend you, but, I call it like it is.

Back