SCV: Online etiquette Yes or Do What You Want?

SCV: Online etiquette Yes or Do What You Want?

• Total voters
Whats online etiquette anyway? Not spamming moves? Cutting combos short deliberately because of sheer damage? Letting your opponent win? Of course not, you play to win and or learn something. Win or lose, accept it. Its up to you if you want to rub it in or not. Remember its a game. Trash talking is a part of it. Importantly, your etiquette might not be the same as another person's etiquette.

I'm not part of the popular crowd and will exploit whatever works against you. Sure I got tons of hate messages after that but I always say to them that its part of the game. I try to be nice on my replies unless they just say something completely bogus crap then we'll have a problem. I rarely message people unless its a good match or they're effin rage quitters. I hate players who quit when the match is still on going.

what is kinda dumb too is when you are in a room where you are on a winning streak and suddenly you get kicked for winning

I think it's probably fair to miss a turn after three or so wins, it's not much fun for everyone else if they have to fight the same person over and over (and get a guaranteed loss at that).

I agree with everything else though. Ask a Taki player, I was really looking forward to playing at Natsu, but all this bitching about her has really put me off playing as her. Which is a shame because I've never had a problem against her myself, just hop her bombs and interrupt her during her teleports. Viola Natsu might be a good matchup which is why I've never had problems, but people need to shut up about her.

I've picked her up too but I only use her when I want to beat someone faster (for example if I've beaten a guy ten times with viola and he keeps coming back when I do random search, I just get him out of the way with natsu's stuff, because it's less strain on me).

In SCIV I had etiquette, no ring out, very few lows, not too many throw. I eventually realized that it's boring.
Fighting a player whose skills you respect is even more thrilling when they actively seek to destroy your defenses and ring you out whenever they see an opportunity. So now I throw and use lows whenever it makes sense to, and I ring out.

Although if I'm winning against weaker players who are playing the right way (and not trying to win with Xiba braindeadery), I like to hold back on combos and maybe even lose a round on purpose and make my best to make it look like it was real. New players don't need to be butchered 24/7 at high speeds.

My favorite is when players become cross because I've whiffed Raphael's b+k. Since it looks just like a taunt, newer players think I've got the nerve to taunt them at point blank range!

In SCIV I had etiquette, no ring out, very few lows, not too many throw. I eventually realized that it's boring.
that has nothing to do with scIV etiquette.
Etiquette was developed because lag sucked so hard on sc4 that players had to find a way to balance the game during online sessions.

So the use of certain lows was almost completely to avoid, out of combos...but things like RO, throws and chip lows were completely fair.

Also spamming interrupted strings on block gave you a virtual huge frame advantage.....as well as trying to catch opponent safe step running back and forward with fast 66a for all the match.

All those thing have been so greatly reduced (if not almost disappeared) in scV that it doesn t need etiquette no more.
So today you can find those online players abusing lag in sc4, really hopeless as they never learned how the game works.
The only drawback it had was that despite the etiquette the game didn t grant you the mobility offline had so people learned to play like a turn bases strategy game...and few of them didn t train enough to block lows....but i found that a minority.

@von ...raph B+K sucks so bad that is actually an alt taunt...in ANY case is just better to step and punish.

it's by far the worst evade I've ever seen, but landing it is immensely satisfying. I also needed it for the GI achievement. Throwing people after it lands also really hurts them.

I exploit everyone. I don't hold back unless I'm fearful of a consequential result in game of course the haters will hate and I will get cussed out on the mic. but hey, Devil Jin is only banned in tournaments they should expect me to pick him, My title says "Mishima Style Master".

I do respect people's opinion and rarely do i go on the verbal offensive, unless someone was popping off.

Is making Voldo hump your corpse like a chihuahua going to town on a stuffed animal bad etiquette? Cause if so I'm so guilty it's not even funny lmao.

Back