SCV: Online etiquette Yes or Do What You Want?

SCV: Online etiquette Yes or Do What You Want?

• Total voters
i would like to emphasize that 99.9999999% of everyone online has no idea what lag tactics even are. most people play "legit" by not using certain lows or never attacking at disadvantage...changing the game from calibur to fucking ping pong, and yet base their entire game on killing stepg or shakeable stun traps or something equally stupid. i can't tell you how many times i've been told that tech crouch and tech step/jump moves are lag tactics if done at disadvantage.

long story short, everyone on psn except for me is retarded. they shall all eat 1a, and they shall love it.

Fair? Stooping to their level? You are using definitive adjectives here to describe a certain world or system of playing. This is a form of control. You are categorizing your style of play vs. theirs. Who are you to decide? Just play the game and let everyone experience it the way they want to. After all, they brought their own game, their own television set, and pay for their own internet service. I don't mean to offend you, but, I call it like it is.
maybe because I talk with these people and when I did do it they seemed to recognize it so i try not to make accusations at people unless I'm pretty sure about it. and if a person is spamming it then 7 times out of 10 they know what they are doing. especially if I seen them play better before. all i'm saying is that they play the way they play and I play the way I play like what you stated above. I'm not downgrading the person or saying they suck. I'm pointing out a particular style of play to those people that know better. if i get hit during the match with lag lows then either myself or someone else in the room will address or message the player to stop if they want to. the person now knows what they are doing if they didn't before. it's none of my business because it's not my room. if i host a room then it's my decision to decide if I want the person in the room or not. I'm a kind and laid back guy. if i'm playing for fun i overlook getting hit by blatant lows. in soul calibur 5 you are able to name rooms so this should cut the problem of lag users down if you name your room in a fashion to keep them out.

maybe because I talk with these people and when I did do it they seemed to recognize it so i try not to make accusations at people unless I'm pretty sure about it. and if a person is spamming it then 7 times out of 10 they know what they are doing. especially if I seen them play better before. all i'm saying is that they play the way they play and I play the way I play like what you stated above. I'm not downgrading the person or saying they suck. I'm pointing out a particular style of play to those people that know better. if i get hit during the match with lag lows then either myself or someone else in the room will address or message the player to stop if they want to. the person now knows what they are doing if they didn't before. it's none of my business because it's not my room. if i host a room then it's my decision to decide if I want the person in the room or not. I'm a kind and laid back guy. if i'm playing for fun i overlook getting hit by blatant lows. in soul calibur 5 you are able to name rooms so this should cut the problem of lag users down if you name your room in a fashion to keep them out.

You have to be more open than that bro. Not everyone responds to things the same, and most definitely, not everyone responds to things in a positive manor. A positive response to frustrating skill and mixups, is to learn, and improve. A negative response (which happens the majority of the time, initially at least) is to spam, and use what WE have deemed "lag tactics", based on our experience of offline vs. online. Even after thoroughly explaining to the person what they are doing, unless they are someone who will respond positively right away, there's some work involved. EVEN after YOU believe, they firmly understand how ridiculously annoying and "scrub like" their play is. Shit, that's how it is with most of everything else in the world. You know?

Haven't read entire thread but doesn't matter.

SC5 online is not SC4 online. You can now block low, beat fake frame traps, break grabs, move, breathe, think, and even have fun online more often than not.

If I'm playing someone on the EC or in conditions that aren't ass I'm going to stop holding back and hit those ankles when you deserve it.

This is the chance for people to starting playing for real with peeps they connect well to online. I suggest everyone take advantage of that.

I have never hindered my play either and since the online is so crisp I still won't lol.

As I said in another thread:
For SC4: stick to online etiquette
For SC5: You're pretty dumb to use any online etiquette

:)

SCV allows you to play using your full move list without any limitations. If you can't seem to block low, you probably need some practice. No more crying over lag hindering your blocking anymore. Disconnecting in mid fight is annoying yes, but there should be no etiquette.

If you play me I will use my lows as I see fit. Take it or avoid playing me. Your choice.

No ugly CAS allowed. Looking fashionable and fabulous is of the most critical importance.
I CaS like a sir
feel-like-a-sir-template.jpg

scV is almost lagless to me ....so i use whatever i want to...

Moreover i read this in an article on eurogamer testing on offline input latency:

In the case of SoulCalibur 5, we found a five-frame latency, equivalent to 83ms, on both systems. The accuracy of the result helped by the training mode, which brings up all user inputs on-screen as soon as they are registered. This isn't quite the ultra-crisp response we would have wanted from a 60FPS game, but then again, SoulCalibur relies more upon consistency in response rather than the lowest possible latency.
(note that few of those ms are taken away from setup if i undertood well).

did they add lag offline to balance online? @_@ it would be really fun considering it was an option i speculated on when scV was on development.

For sure i feel that offline i reacted way faster on scIV but maybe i misunderstood the article and its only an impression.

I tend to get some hate-mail when I play Natsu. Like "OMG, Natsu = Pussy" or "You should play a REAL character".
I usually just respond with "GG" or "Ok."

I dont see a reason to insult the people I just beat or got beaten by. I also tend to go easy on beginners, since its no fun for the beginner to get perfected 3 times in a row.

Depends. I don't mind spam because it's my own fault for falling for it, chances are if they're spamming I'll destroy them pretty easily. Thankfully SCVs netcode means that's not an issue.

I used to think ringouts were stupid but hey, that's part of the game, so if someone rings me out when I've got full health and he's got almost nothing. Fine. That's my fault again.

Basically, anything goes.

The only things I don't like are:

1) Taunting after you win. Cowardly and lame, do it in a match or don't do it at all.
2) Joke CaS's, they're annoying and not funny. I try especially hard to beat these people
3) Rage quitters. This is pure lack of etiquette

Everything else is fine.

1) Taunting after you win. Cowardly and lame, do it in a match or don't do it at all.

That honestly makes me rage inside, I make a note of their name and swear by the power of greyskull that if our paths cross again...you will DIE!

Depends. I don't mind spam because it's my own fault for falling for it, chances are if they're spamming I'll destroy them pretty easily. Thankfully SCVs netcode means that's not an issue.

I used to think ringouts were stupid but hey, that's part of the game, so if someone rings me out when I've got full health and he's got almost nothing. Fine. That's my fault again.

Basically, anything goes.

The only things I don't like are:

2) Joke CaS's, they're annoying and not funny. I try especially hard to beat these people
3) Rage quitters. This is pure lack of etiquette

Everything else is fine.

Amen.

I do admit that I taunt after a winning every now and then---but this is usually limited to when Im in a room with a bunch of people I know. and were already talking smack to each other anyway.

.....and scoring an instant KO CE with Nightmare in the final round, when I've got just a sliver of health. Its only happened a few times---but I couldnt help taunting after that.

In Syn's Britain, anyone who even thought about using any of the following words regarding fighting games would face a firing squad:
Honour
Cheap
Spam
Coward
Fair

You are there to win. You lose? Deal with it.

i do not really mind taunting but what i hate is when you are completely destroying the opponent with the characters you can play well, and think hey lets have some fun and switch it up, you switch to a char you are not that good with the guy barely wins and what does he do ? he taunts after he got bodied the whole time before, usually after someone does it to me i still switch characters when playing against the other guys in the room but that guy ! done stick to what i know and will beat the shit out of him until he rage quits. that is pretty much the only thing i hate.

joke characters not really much against them only gets silly when someone has nothing but those joke characters. actually there is one case. joke characters with voldo style dont mind if the guy actually plays voldo well but people going "uhh voldo so weird lets make a super ugly character and use voldo style even though i have no fucking idea how to play him" kinda annoy me.

ofc rage quitters are annoying and what is kinda dumb too is when you are in a room where you are on a winning streak and suddenly you get kicked for winning

and ofc the classic "yo natsu such a noob character" i usually just respond with that bomb can be blocked ... cant tell them much else cuz at times like this i wasnt even able to do any mixups or try mind games because they just wouldnt block it even once and force me to actually try... i really want people to learn to block that damn bomb or move out of the way or anything.

but overall experience has been pretty good with other people and most people are a nice which also gives me no reason to be a douche ^^.

and as Wokker already said if you know someone is not good i just play characters i am not used to that well or i try things i am not consistent with yet, but i dont want to just play bad on purpose because i would feel like i am trolling the guy when i mess around too much.

and spam , cheap, ring outs etc are not bad manner or lame or anything. they are part of the game deal with it. if you cant block that move i will use it until you die or you learn how to block it.

I taunt when I totally rape with an awesomely amazing combo.

Or when the other person is so terrible they offend me with their terribleness.

Or when I feel like it.

I usually do that with certain characters. Cause is cool to roar with Astarogh after a close combat or raise the sword with Nightmare. Also stab the enemy when its already K.O with Nightmare. Never thought about if is proper or not, it's just cool. I mean, is a big bad guy, why should him respect a fallen enemy?

The same way I only use "laughing tanunts" when someone falls out of the ring himself. Then again because it fits the situation.

I agree on your second point though 99'9% of joke characters are nor fun, with some exceptions, like that Voldo Stallion someone posted before.

I really don't understand this "etiquette" concept. I mean, one buys the game and goes online to fight and tries to win. Why people should know (or care) what someone thinks on the internet about spaming low blows or when you can do a taunt?

I mean, you can't pretend people follows an "etiquette" rules that only a few know. If you ask to anyone online "don't you know proper etiquette?" Most of them, will answer "what? We are playing a game not in a dinner with the ambassador"

Back