SCV Opening Speculation/Suggestions

jtdam09

[13] Hero
I've always wondered what you guys suggested on how the opening should be.

In my honest opinion:
-Since the game was originally going to be titled "Soul Edge 2", I always pictured a Soul Edge-esque opening, maybe with some inspiration on SC2 and SC3.
-It would probably be some long ass opening like KOF Maximum Impact 2's was. lol.
-The music could be either an arranged version of "Edge of Soul", or a new song in that kind of music genre.
-The announcer would be perfect for the Soul Edge catchphrase at the beginning.
-Mitsurugi, showing off his samurai skills
-I'm betting Ezio will have a short segment to himself.
-A short segment as to how Aeon became "Aeon".
-A segment for Raphael where he's at the point of searching for Amy (Think something like Cassandra on the SC2 opening)
-A segment with Siegfried and his group.
-As far as fight segments go: Maxi vs. Astaroth (the usual), Hilde vs. Tira, Ivy vs. Cervantes (the usual), Mitsurugi vs. Yoshimitsu
-The female introduction segment on Soul Blade (1:23-1:37 on the video below), they could do the same for the girls on SCV:Leixia-Chinese design in the background. Leixia dancing with the sword, transitioning to her falling down to a flowerbed. Something that illustrates her young personality. The flower petals transition to Viola's segment; Viola-Maybe a night setting with the moon in the background, using her ball as a source of light. She's sitting in a bed of roses and lillies (as her profile may suggest), and watches a lit purple butterfly fly up to the sky; Natsu-Somewhat like Taki's but showing off her teleport abilities, as well as a two second part where she puts her hair down; Pyrrha-Probably like Sophitia's in a sense. Segments of her turning away slowly while the wind blows her hair to the side; Not sure on whether there will be another new female or not. We shall see. Hopefully there is one, or two.
-The end could show the boss of the game, maybe as a shadow silhouette in front of the moon to leave mystery to the players
-One fire raises up to the screen, it goes from that short segment of Patroklos then up pops the title screen.

[/media]
[/media]

For Ezio, i'd bet he'd either go up against Patroklos in the opening due to his flag-boy status, main character vs main character either that or he assassinates random CaS or if you select your created characters opening (like in IV) your character is busy being all badass in an open field near a huge city fighting (10 or so?) of random CaS and while you take out a few with whatever weapon you pick, Ezio jumps in and kills the rest leaving you and Ezio in a stare-off as an incoming storm draws closer in the backround and it starts to rain.

But if its a CGI Opening like III and earlier titles, then i like all your ideas. :)

What I'd like to see:

A little flashback a la Algol, with a segment of the first story mode cutscene (Siegfried vs Nightmare), showing how Nightmare passed away. Then we see Soul Edge's soul goes through chaos, until it passes through a portal and the screen turns white (ligh effect, as in going out of a cave).

Then we see Patroklos, setting off to find her sister, transitiong to her. Then we could see Siegfried and Hilde fighting off some bandits along their gang, and Viola and Z.W.E.I. travelling together, through the night. Then we'd see Raphael, knocking out someone. Ivy in her, what was it, lab? looking at that big windows she has there, and we change the point of view to Cervantes, in his ship, in some evil scene (I dunno lol). Then some Leixia action, with Xiba and Natsu coming into the picture. We'd go to Astaroth awakening, then Tira, watching over Pyrrah, and finally, Nightmare in some epic way, with Patroklos afterwards and then some transtition to the SCV logo (maybe with the Soul Swords, dunno).

Throw in an Ezio scene and I think we're done lol.

It's probably just going to be clips of stuff we've already seen. I can already see them reusing the Nightmare-Ezio trailer.

With today's consoles, I see no reason not to use in-game graphics. I just want something SCIIIish, something that describes the story of the game and the importants aspects of it, including most (if not all) characters, a few flashbacks like Siegfried vs Nightmare, an Eizo-exclusive part, and... yeah.

I just hope it's not some crappy crap like SCIV's intro.

It's probably just going to be clips of stuff we've already seen. I can already see them reusing the Nightmare-Ezio trailer.

dont think so. Daishi already twitter about being exited about the opening, so no on your negativity

Show Mitsu sitting on a high ridge overlooking the surroundings below, drinking sencha - add in a epic sunset and I'm sold.

I would love if whenever you come to the middle of the opening, you know when the music suddenly gets a calming tone. You see Siegfried walk with his group and stops to watch out over an empty desertscape (with sunset) and then Hilde puts her hand on his shoulder and nods her head in a way, telling him that they have to keep going or something.

Include every character like SC2.

No! thats boring, and we are talking about like 30 characters or so. I want an opening SC3 style, telling about the story in an awesome way with cool fights of the most important characters.

No! thats boring, and we are talking about like 30 characters or so. I want an opening SC3 style, telling about the story in an awesome way with cool fights of the most important characters.
30 characters... Oooo I forgot about that... As long as they include different characters this time instead of shining the spotlight on Mitsu and Ivy. I bet they'll keep it on Pat and Pyr...

30 characters... Oooo I forgot about that... As long as they include different characters this time instead of shining the spotlight on Mitsu and Ivy. I bet they'll keep it on Pat and Pyr...
Just give me a CG of Siegfried shirtless and all wet :sweetjesus:

Siegfried!
homer-drooling.jpg

Back