SCV sells over 1 million!

If they do make sc6, they should remove JG, and bring back classic GI, while at the same time keeping all the meter mechanics including GI with meter. SO we could have a game with classic GI that guarantees nothing, and a metered GI that gives you a combo.

I want that VERY badly. I fuckin' hate JG with a passion.

After Tekken Tag Namco gonna be loaded.

Edit: and I think JG needs to be removed cause it renders GC moves pointless. Leave GI to require meter.

After Tekken Tag Namco gonna be loaded.

Edit: and I think JG needs to be removed cause it renders GC moves pointless. Leave GI to require meter.

Agreed. It's bad though cause in each Tekken iteration, Namco loses focus on Soul Calibur. It's obvious the health of our game not good. I just hope this Tekken doesn't kill SC for good. If they make GI moves take only 25% of the Edge Meter and remove JG that would be great. Even though JG is kind of tight and adds more flash to the game, the inclusion of it with GI makes no sense, they kind of serve the same purpose.

Agreed. It's bad though cause in each Tekken iteration, Namco loses focus on Soul Calibur. It's obvious the health of our game not good. I just hope this Tekken doesn't kill SC for good. If they make GI moves take only 25% of the Edge Meter and remove JG that would be great. Even though JG is kind of tight and adds more flash to the game, the inclusion of it with GI makes no sense, they kind of serve the same purpose.

Tekken still have to make that Tekken X Streetfighter game, which I'm really dreading. Cancel that shit Hadara, waste of time.

Tekken still have to make that Tekken X Streetfighter game, which I'm really dreading. Cancel that shit Hadara, waste of time.

I don't know about that game, and Tekken's roster is already big enough so I know some will be mad. Not everyone can be included in that game. I don't think that game will sell that much

Namco is one of the few companies actually having revenues, and HUGE revenues

It wasn't that long ago when they were in the red.

Why did the DLC get shitcanned again? I don't understand what's going on behind the scenes with this game.

I'm sure they had a schedule of releasing DLC for this game which is now up. This games wasn't going to receive DLC indefinitely.

Personally I don't like the attention Tekken gets over Soulcalibur. I would love to see SC receive more attention and the features that casual fans are looking for, which I am hoping is a possibility now that Japan has a renewed interest in the game. I'm sure the problems that people have with this game are more to do with the fact of the release date being pushed up to beat SFxT to market.

Things like adding 3 mimics to the game has nothing to do with Tekken. Tag 2 was being worked on way before SC and was a finished product in the arcades while SCV was still in development. Plus SCV had three separate teams working on the game. I'm sure we'd have a different product on our hand if the devs had more time to work on the game or an arcade release came out before the console version which is the case for Tekken. Even SC4 felt like it was rushed.

And the only way this game dies is from SC players not playing it. Not because of Tekken or any other game. How is Tekken the main culprit and not any other product that Namco works on when they are a large company? That makes no sense. If SC4 could stick around with less players, more problems, and shittier online, why not SCV besides the fact that people rather stay home and play this game.

What does that mean though? The a lot of the society still generally doesn't like the game and the developers arent responding or dont seem to care. Project Soul is not going to humble themselves and use the criticisms fans give to make a new game. Naaah man dont see it happen. If these guys cant even apologize or at least show acknoledgement of their mistakes what makes you think they will even bother to make a new game and fix them??. Would this give them any reason to do anything more? Let me remind you that that 1.3 million includes people like me who foolishly bought the game at full price thinking it would be great while regretting it the day after and in addition early price drops for dwindling sales also helped a lot to increase sales. At $60 people wont by this game but around $30 and $20 maybe.. sadly I bought mine for $80.

I am honestly starting to think this is the last SoulCalibur game regardless, I don't get why they'd scrap us over tekken. Tekken's only successful because it has a smarter Producer and more invested into it for flexability. Its not like SC is dead or a hated series, it really isnt. Its the only fighting game that utlizes weapons properly. SC has a huge following and would do better if they stuck to what people liked and only add new things for the casuals like what SC3 did. There are people here who love this series and (probably unlike Project Soul) have spent their time writing columns and columns of text with ideas on how to improve this terrible SCV... Yet I bet not even one person that belongs to Namco has bothered to consider it. Despite how it may sound, I'm not actually mad at Project Soul; I'm just very sternly disappointed. They were rushed and I remember SC4 was meant to be the last in the series, but the fans convinced Namco through the use of letters, e-mail, and Peitions to keep making SC games but with that motivation they aimed too high to bring themselves into the mainstream rather then staying true to the series. By all accounts, that means SC5 should've been for the SC FANS, not for Streetfighter fans OR for a large profit.

I reallyReallyREALLY want Namco to fuckin fire Daishi & Tago, for almost ruining their brand. It's a shame we request more characters, and we get DLC for CaS. It's almost like their pacifying our requests with this dress-up shit, so they can almost say "Yeah, we've given you all this shit to go make your characters. Have fun!" blatantly writing us off almost. Hell, they even went as far to add in Talim & Seong Mina's SCIV outfits! That's not a good apology for almost fuckin the game up. Yeah I'm being childish, but I'm pretty sure everyone else is feeling the same way.

I reallyReallyREALLY want Namco to fuckin fire Daishi & Tago, for almost ruining their brand. It's a shame we request more characters, and we get DLC for CaS. It's almost like their pacifying our requests with this dress-up shit, so they can almost say "Yeah, we've given you all this shit to go make your characters. Have fun!" blatantly writing us off almost. Hell, they even went as far to add in Talim & Seong Mina's SCIV outfits! That's not a good apology for almost fuckin the game up. Yeah I'm being selfish, but I'm pretty sure everyone else is feeling the same way.

when did that happen? and no, I don't think everyone else feels the game way, and is not selfish is childish

Hopefully they haven't given up on Soul Calibur just yet, SCV is doing better than SCIV at the rate it's going now. I'm pretty sure that SCIV sold a little over 2 million in a whole year, and SCV looks on pace to meet, and break that.

I also enjoy this game a lot. It may not have a complete story mode, but I do like everything this game has to offer.

Ugh, no celebration? And I made this cake for nothing...

birthday20cake-red20white.jpg

Hopefully they haven't given up on Soul Calibur just yet, SCV is doing better than SCIV at the rate it's going now. I'm pretty sure that SCIV sold a little over 2 million in a whole year, and SCV looks on pace to meet, and break that.

I also enjoy this game a lot. It may not have a complete story mode, but I do like everything this game has to offer.
After 6 months, SC4 had sold 2.2 million copies. I suspect that actually happened days/weeks after launch instead of over an amount of months.

2.2 million copies? And they consider those sales bad?
Apparently. I'd like to know to know the real thinking about the decisions they made after SC4's release as it just seems plain odd.

It's possible what Tago explained in an interview is exactly what happened, that they disbanded the team in order to try to reach 5-6 million sales with a new title which a few other companies are attaining. But it seems really weird they chose the SC team. They don't have that many franchises managing to hit 1 million or more sales.

It's especially weird considering the team wasn't actually disbanded for that long. It was only about 9 months between release of SC: BD and SC5 starting development. I wonder if the team got assigned to a new game which got cancelled, or what happened.

Back