SCV Voldo Revealed - Creepier Than Ever!

SCV Chibi Voldo
383452347.gif

It's not something I've landed all that often (though a few times, for sure) and I probably try for it too much, but there isn't much more satisfying than punishing Amy 3BA by blocking B and doing 66K-hold into MCHT 66 ringout.

I think you mean 44(k) to jump over Amy's A from 3bA and land behind her in MCHT. That's a pretty clever strat. I don't know if it'll punish Amy though. If not, there's a huge chance you'll ring yourself out alot in trying it.

I totally did mean 44(k). jumbled it in my mind-brain.

And it does punish if you time it right.

I think something different is going on with his master in SCV.
(Family: His parents and brothers all died in war. His master is Vercci who should be long dead.)

yeah, I thought that was kind of interesting too. makes me wonder if Vercci is a malfested as well. That generally means to ignore that characters age.

Fast forward to 2:54.
VOLDO IS GODLIKE!

• His Brave Edge is what his 66:(B) is on a juggled opponent in SC4
  • He has ABA which he had in SC2. It was a HMH string, guaranteed on CH, and recovers in BS
  • Same 4A+B, and still looks like it has poor recovery.
  • Still has 66A+B and 66A+B,K. However it looked like there was a blue flash to one of the 66A+B's that I saw. Perhaps a JF version?
  • You can actually get a decent combo off of 22B now! (elbows!)
  • He can do BS 33BB from front side now, however it doesn't appear to knock down. Maybe it was just normal hit.
  • Same 3K from SC4
  • Still has 66K which recovers in FC BS
  • Perhaps his front side 1K only stuns now and recovers in BS, like if you were to do 1(K) in SC4.
  • Same BS 22B
  • He retains his 66B and 66:B stuns
  • BS 1K now launches instead of stuns.
  • He still has the same BS 1A
  • He still has 11K
  • Still has A+B
  • He has his 33A from SC3 which looks similar to BS 3A. Didn't stun on CH though.
  • His old AA from SC2 which has alot more range than his AA from SC4
  • Pretty sure I saw 236AA
  • Can't forget 236B
  • By the looks of it, he doesn't have a transition into Blind Stance by itself still. I don't even think I mind really.

Enk: My mouth is watering looking at this stuff. Great finds, I'm going through the video and I pretty much see the same stuff.

hfnjdakofndjalfnjdla I'm so happy

I know! He has a little bit of this and that from other SoulCaliburs. He looks fucking amazing! I can't wait to play him. I would like to see a different ring entrance though. It's the same one from SC4.

Oh my god, I am so hyped right now. I seriously cannot wait for this to come out.

On a side note, is this the first we've seen of just frames in gameplay videos?

In another video it showed that when he misses his Critical Edge it puts him in MCHT with glowy hands of missed CE sadness. Making lemonade out of lemons. That was the only thing noteworthy in that video though, so stick to the Kayane one for your Voldo fix.

Thanks for all the data, Enk ~ I was excited when I saw a lot of those in the vid for the first time, too =)

-Manta-

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/14/soulcalibur-v-voldo-vs-mitsurugi

• Ok, from this video I see Voldo's old 4K from SC3 where if you held the K button you would transition into MCFT during the recovery. (the player didn't do that though)
  • He has the same BS 4A he's always had.
  • 3BB is still there, and if just the 2nd hit connects on CH, it results in a KND stun. Might allow 2K guaranteed followup there.
  • No more KND stun on CH 6B(no second B transitioning into BS, but we already knew about this)
  • BS CR K does Voldo's BS 44K, and knocks down on CH. This is a slight improvement compared to his BS CR K from SC4 which was a close range attack and would generally whiff at that range. It recovered quickly so it wasn't too bad.
  • Same old 2K
  • Same neutral K from SC4
  • CH 236B no longer knocks down. Doesn't appear to leave Voldo at a disadvantage either.
  • Voldo's CE will auto-correct when done from either BS or normal stance.
Voldo sounds really old. He has a very deep raspy grunt when he gets hit. That's really about all I could see from this video. The player was too chicken to do anything with Voldo in MC so nothing new there. Or there's a really long recovery before you can do anything if you enter MCHT via CE.

Thanks for the link and analysis, Enkindu.

It'd be a lot easier to analyze the changes to Voldo if somebody who wasn't a total scrub was featured in one of these videos. Most of these might as well just be montages of Voldo getting hit

Also, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about the new groans, they don't sound like old man grunts, they sound like the deep bellows of a large creature of some sort

I agree about the people using Voldo. The one where I believe WCMaxi was using Voldo is the best one so far. It could've been UFO playing Voldo too. I don't quite know.

Back