SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

I missed the FR matches... By 3B tech trap, did you mean 3B a:B+K 8A+B~2?

I imagine that is the case. I've been abusing that for way too long. It's only ground rollable and even then it hits ground rolls quite a bit. That is if you take a slight step forward after a:B+K to cover back tech.

Are there any match vides from Final Round? I didn't see any on YouTube...[]

Go to Spooky's twitchtv. They have SCV on Day 2 and Day 3. Both times they're about midway through the stream.

Anyway, just a random tidbit of punish information against Pyrrah. If she does 66B (BE) and you block the first hit you can 4B+K out of the entire thing and punish. This works more effective than stepping or JGing it I think although it costs life. It works on AS A (BE) as well.

Another punisher I've been using is on LX's pseudo 6BA/6BaB mixup which is huge in a LX's pressure game. When I see 6B I will just crouch immediately after I block it. I then wait a short moment to see if A came out. If that's the case I just 6K. If she doesn't do A she's either stopped or is doing aB so I stay crouched and MCF. If she aB'd she gets bitch slapped. If she stops you're -3 and can frame trap with another MCF. On the LX note, 6BB/6BbB can be 4B+K'd out of after the first hit. Standard 6BB isn't punishable but 6BbB very much is. From what I've been testing stepping out of 6BB is tricky although I believe I've seen some people doing it. This takes the difficulty out and gives great options.

This goes for any character with LX's 22K/22kA mix up. On wake up no matter the timing just 8K. Unless they timed it perfectly you'll either give her a foot to the face or get hit in the air and can AC out of the whole mixup.

4B+K in general is pretty useful in this one, especially if you're alittle slow with your quick stepping skills so you can step with confidence. I might write up a comprehensive guide soon if I'm feeling up to it.

I think 4B+K needs it's own individual character study because for such little life spent it can produce tons of opportunity for damage.

SCV Patch coming next wednesday (21st).

NeoRussell's Wishlist for Yoshimitsu patch:
-Gain Life after CE, he already glows green
-Better brave edge but this is doubtful
-Easier Ear Slicer - Why do I have to bind b+k for this move?
-make DNK hit on every opponent and not have stupid hitbox on certain ones
-I would like to not use 6k to end anything

I can't wait but I know I shouldn't hold my breath.

NeoRussell

Bring back retreating 44/33/11 A+B's :(

66A BE should be safe, its already only useful on CH and easily stepped so wtf is it unsafe on block for?

Why are his BE's so dumb?

Bring back retreating 44/33/11 A+B's :(
I would like this, but it seems pretty trivial. While 8WRing backwards I find it easy enough to quickly slide through 412 A+B to whiff punish.

I agree wholeheartedly on making a:B+K easier, improving his BEs, and making IFP moves controllable in some way (clock would be best).

Making his CE absorb even a little health (and hey, I’d even give up some of his huge CE damage for this) would be conceptually cool and fit his style, but it’s another one that I don’t feel strongly about.

His 6K doesn’t need to be quite so damaging. Of course I enjoy busting it out all the time because of that damage, but if tweaks are going to happen, it only makes sense to consider what we woudn’t mind getting nerfed as well as what we want buffed.

Make SDGF B+K to be UB again. That move was so cool in IV, but in V it feels overshadowed by SDGF B UB, SDGF 2B+K 4_5_6, and even SDGF A+K 4_5_6 UB. It needs some spice to remain relevant. Although I admit SDGF is already a very strong stance, if you can get up there.

It's not random. The # of successful flash will determine what you have.
It’s still random, though. Each upgrade changes the set of possible moves, but you can’t know which one will come out. This is a huge strategic change from IV’s clock-based moves.

Yep - best of both worlds - would be cool if you can IFP on only 1st, 2nd, 3rd second - but if you get level 1 charge, you can use 4th/5th second moves, 2 charges = 6th/7th moves, etc. Using IFP when you don't have the charge level for it results in taunt or generic 'slappy hand set them on fire no damage' moves.

They could even take it a step further, by making it so the moves 'move' around, i.e. at start of fight is is randomly selected that no charges are now at 7th 8th 9th second, 1st charge is at 0,1,2 etc - making it even more of a meta game figuring out where exactly the charge levels start and end.

Adds a lot more skill and less luck to Yoshi and fits better with his overall coolness

- Controllable Tekken Moves would really make my day.
- make iMCF tech crouch on the first frame. Or at least make it the way it was in SCIV
- easier aB+K
- tweak his 6B brave edge. I think 66a and 3aB brave edges are fine and have their place.

Reactions: mkl
That ear slicer seems crazy harder to do now, don't know if it's because I'm using a PS3 controller, or Im just a noob, but it seemed easier to do in SCIV....

Legitimate Yoshi Patch Wish List:

Make iMCF an i9 again. I don't even care about the later TC if it's an i9.
Make a:B+K less difficult to do. I don't even need the RO shit it had in IV back, I prefer deathcopter destruction.
Make RCCing after iMCF less of a chore like it was in previous SCs.
Please god give him a brave edge that isn't full tilt retarded mode. Nerf his CE a bit if that's what it takes to get some real BEs.
Remove the randomness of his 4A, 1A, FC 1K perfect JF series. It should always be a recovery if you hit it. Remove the relaunches it gets on airborne for all I care if the randomness is removed.
Make 6K's wallsplats less retarded.
Remove fuzzy guard so people can't virtually stone wall my high low gimmicks.
Fix off axis shit so I can actually use 22B.
Return 8K to being safe.
Make IFP moves have a more concrete system rather than the pointless and random one instituted this time around

It was haha!! Without binding B+K it's just stupid hard. I haven't bound buttons in years but that move made me. le shame... :(

It was haha!! Without binding B+K it's just stupid hard. I haven't bound buttons in years but that move made me. le shame... :(

+1

First time in my entire life I've ever button bound :(I feel very dirty having to do it but I am 100% sure I would not be able to do ear slicer at all without it. How can I be so sure? Because my success rate of trying to do a:B+K on a stick after several hours was officially 0%.

He didn't get hit nearly as hard as he did from 2 to 3.

+1 (again)

The last SC I played seriously was SC2 where Yoshi was my main. So people who are complaining that he was hit hard from 4 to 5, have NO IDEA what hard is when it's from 2 to 5 =P

Back