SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

All the data came from the Future Press guide. I'm thinking that some of Yoshi's frames were changed and not disclosed. I do remember WR K being AA punishable in 1.01. If it's -6 with a nice TJ, that might make it useful.

guys i have a question. how do people land an iMCF on CH, then get up fast enough to launch the opponent with 3b?

guys i have a question. how do people land an iMCF on CH, then get up fast enough to launch the opponent with 3b?
RCC, recovery crouch cancel.
It's done by tapping any direction besides 1, 2, or 3 after a move that recovers crouching. Doing this causes your character to start a dash, which you cancel into a standing attack.

So for something like FC 3K > RCC 3B, you do FC 3K > 8 > 3B

RCC, recovery crouch cancel.
It's done by tapping any direction besides 1, 2, or 3 after a move that recovers crouching. Doing this causes your character to start a dash, which you cancel into a standing attack.

So for something like FC 3K > RCC 3B, you do FC 3K > 8 > 3B

Thanks for answering so quick, i just practiced this a few times and should be able to master with more practice.

Sort of useless knowledge (might have been posted already), but I figure it might be of minimal use.

In case you ever run into a Yoshi VS Yoshi matchup and your opponent manages to perform MED A+B successfully, backing up and doing the DGF A+B air throw is probably one of the highest damaging counters (it beats 6K, and other typical punishers that you may use).

The DGF air throw works 100% of the time (when I tried at least). If the opponent's Yoshi fails the landing, he is still in a temporary mid-air state until he lies down in pain, and if he succeeds with the landing heal, you will still grab him as he does his backflip.
Although you may never fall for a Yoshi's MED A+B, it's still a relatively flashy counter that yields the most damage (I think), especially if they fail the landing.

i have a quick question: after i get downed and yoshi goes for a deathcopter tech-trap, how do i get out if it?

(sorry, not a yoshi player so i couldn't put any inputs in the example)

If it is the quick-drop deathcopter, you can just lie there and it will miss. If it is a typical "launcher -> Parting Thrust -> Deathcopter, a backroll tech is also an option, but is also risky as Deathcopter can sometimes hit you if the opponent delays Parting Thrust a bit (I think).
If it is Deathcopter Trick (the one where Yoshi moves further and turns around), you should move out of the way, as it hits grounded targets.

You could have just asked in the Yoshi general discussion thread instead of starting a new thread.

how do you even do this imcf??? im trying what was said, 2 aB, but all that happens is a normal 2a, and the a:b+k doesnt work either

The thumb slide method pocky is talking about imo is the effective way of doing it on pad, if u don't wanna mess up your button bindings....I still hate the slide input for it but eh whatever i can get parting thrust 95% offline and 80% online.

i have a quick question: after i get downed and yoshi goes for a deathcopter tech-trap, how do i get out if it?

(sorry, not a yoshi player so i couldn't put any inputs in the example)

There are variants of the trap that can catch playing dead. It's really a huge guessing game for damage after parting thrust.

Back