SCVI Ivy's Move Analysis

Hey @Party Wolf since Ivy's SCVI Soul Arena is now up, is it okay if this thread gets moved there?
422494466427977730.png

so Rising A+B, A from SC5 is now chained after 6A ?
And it doesn't launch the enemies.

In SC6 Ivy has poor close range game with almost no good tools and great mid/long range game.Summon suffering is old SC2 input and now it’s UB.SC5 3B is 11B now.JF move is 5 hits and last one is GB.Overall she is simple as in SC5.

In SC6 Ivy has poor close range game with almost no good tools and great mid/long range game.Summon suffering is old SC2 input and now it’s UB.SC5 3B is 11B now.JF move is 5 hits and last one is GB.Overall she is simple as in SC5.
Where do you know this from?

Good shit for learning that. I hope it's true.

From what very little we have seen so far, it seemed like her close range game wasn't so good, but I was hoping against that. I love playing Ivy up close (like in SC3). How about SC IV CL B (can't remember what it was for SCV)--was that in there (the quick stab)? How was her 2A? SC 3 3k or 3K back in? SC IV 4K? Is Lick in the game? What other memorable tools were there for the short game?

What inputs are the 5-hit? Is it like SC1-SC3, or is it like SC5?

SS is the old input? Well, that's not so bad. What about CS--are the inputs the same for that? Please tell me that CS is back in the game.

Good shit for learning that. I hope it's true.

From what very little we have seen so far, it seemed like her close range game wasn't so good, but I was hoping against that. I love playing Ivy up close (like in SC3). How about SC IV CL B (can't remember what it was for SCV)--was that in there (the quick stab)? How was her 2A? SC 3 3k or 3K back in? SC IV 4K? Is Lick in the game? What other memorable tools were there for the short game?

What inputs are the 5-hit? Is it like SC1-SC3, or is it like SC5?

SS is the old input? Well, that's not so bad. What about CS--are the inputs the same for that? Please tell me that CS is back in the game.
I don’t know yet.You can ask NoFac3Killer for more info.

I'll quote NoFac3Killer from Discord.
"ivy is brand new again haha"
"Shes got ass close range"
"But good mid/long range"
"Summon suffering is UB"
"well shes on the simpler side like sc5. But she plays different"
"I couldn't find CS in the game so far. SS is 376231A+G"
"no more sc5 66a. Rip mid range whiff punish. Ur best bet now is whiff punish with 2a+g i think. Or maybe 6b but it doesnt do much"
"Her sc5 3b i think is 11b"
"3b is now always old sc4 wp 66b, Combos into lick on nh"
"SE ivy lick is 8B+K"
"22b 6b8 combo"
"5hit jf is in. Same input as sc5, last hit is gb"
"5hit jf does more dmg afaik, Less wallsplat potential tho"
"2a+g is a ranged low atk throw. Or use 3a+g for more range"
"stomp is 1k now. Ivy lick is still 6b8. 66a is sc4 cl 3a. You can hold it to extend the range and add a second hit with a close range deadzone. It lethal hits step "

So many great moves revealed here!!! Really really happy they put back serpents embrace after venom lash, venom lash felt so weird without it in SC5 lol.

I'm so excited to play Ivy I can't even describe it, she's looking absolutely amazing and extremely fun to play so far. A few things that I noticed whilst watching the videos from E3;
  • Ivy's SE A no longer seems unblockable which begs the question: in what situations can Ivy actually now use this? Of course it was previously a shakeable stun anyway so you could often block the second part but I imagine it's extremely unsafe on the first hit if blocked.
  • The second part to Ivy's 1A can now be used without a CH, is this still a NC or NCC?
  • Ivy's 22_88B no longer launches/knocks up on NH... but her 22_88(B) does.
  • CS is back! Hurray! Still seems to do significant damage, the input appears to be a lot of 2's and 8's... uh oh. We'll see.
  • Ivy's old WP 11_77B (from SCIV) has returned.
  • Ivy's 66B BE (from SCV) has returned and seems to be useable without any sort of CH although it is not a NC, possibly a NCC.
  • Ivy's 6A seems now to be extended with her old WP 6AA (most likely as 6AA or 6AAA) and is at the very least a NCC.
  • Ivy's 6B seems now to be extended with her old WR B (most likely as 6BB) and so far does not seem to be any sort of NC.
  • Ivy's old CL 4B (from SCIV) seems to have made a return but looks suspiciously like her old old version of the move which is faster from previous games.
  • Ivy's old WP 66B (from SCIV) has returned and launches on NH.
  • In SC state her 6B becomes some sort of throw that appears to be a NC.

Last edited:
Back