Sieg vs Setsuka

kPc

[09] Warrior
Another fast character.

Her 33_77 B is fast, safe, and launches both normal and CH. But it is extremely Steppable. against sets if you are going to step, step left.

she has a nasty horizontal mid that has great range (her bA), but if blocked sieg gets a B6

her foot stab can be punished by WS B

if you block her 1 AAA (JF or not), 3B is yours, possibly 1B

Her umbrella (FC 3 aB) covers all step. does good damage, but is unsafe, how much i dont know but will test tonight.

she can interrupt 3B K with 6K which if she catches you with a CH, leads to a combo. be weary. was just informed she has an even more devastating combo if she does 4A instead.

WS B cannot be interrupt with her 6K but can by her AA

anything that sieg has thats unsafe and puts her into TC, she can punish with the umbrella.

she doesnt have that good of a step though, 3A, 4K, B6, 3K are all good moves to use (she can still SS mind you just use these moves smart.)

she has a dash that gives her a slight TC and even better if people whore it (236 over and over), I still like using aGa against her but be careful of 33B, and WS B (she can go into WS B from her dash, same with the umbrella)

watch out from her 1BB, the second hit is a JF and a NC on normal hit that leads into a nice combo, the second hit comes out slow so if your looking for it, you can parry it.

her 66AB can be ducked on the second hit

some decent sets like to use 11A into WS B

whatever the command for her over head kick, just keep blocking from this move, she has advantage.

try not to duck too much against her because she has a nasty NC on normal hit (the B+K series), does good damage and safe on block I believe. Also was told it does good SG damage as well

use alot of safe moves against her, i like RSH A+B, SCH B, B:4 (used properly), B+K B, and JaGa/aGa

I like a+kA:2A here, though she can punish with umbrella, this can still be a good move to use as you need a tool to make her duck.

Another character that you should play your solid D against rather then go all out crazy since sieg can be pretty unsafe.

My first impressions: really nice. Maybe you should merge all vs-threads into "Sieg's anti-anyone study"

I don't know much about Siegfried, but...

she has a nasty horizontal mid that has great range (her bA), but if blocked sieg gets a B6
3B does more damage. (Maybe there are better options.)

her foot stab can be punished by WS B
Foot stab, you mean 2A+B? It's not punishable by WR B, but it is punishable by WR K.

Her umbrella (FC 3 aB) covers all step. does good damage, and I believe is safe.
Umbrella is not safe. Punishable by A+K,A. (Probably better options?)

some decent sets like to use 1A into WS B
I think you mean 11A.

whatever the command for her over head kick, just keep blocking from this move, she has advantage.
If you mean 66K, it's indeed best to sit back and block what might be coming next.

try not to duck too much against her because she has a nasty NC on normal hit (the B+K series), does good damage and safe on block I believe.
Punishable by 6K.

I unlike a+kA:2A here, she cant punish with umbrella I dont think, will test later
She can.
Edit: I assume that the just frame here is simply where he cancels his first A and it becomes a low A instead?

Thnx, I`ll make sure to edit, though I dont think 3B is fast enough to punish bA, will test later snd last I checked WB punishes 2A+B, once again will test

Another fast character.

Her 33_77 B is fast, safe, and launches both normal and CH. But it is extremely Steppable. against sets if you are going to step, step left.
Easy to step and punish with 88B combos... note: step first and push B after whiffing.

Her umbrella (FC 3 aB) covers all step. does good damage, and I believe is safe.
The umbrella its not safe... you can punish with 3~SCH *KK, but you have to be alert to make this happen. The recovery frames are just the time you need to raise the sword.

she can interrupt 3B K with 6K which if she catches you with a CH, leads to a combo. be weary...
She can evade SCH K with 4A that stunt, and a good Setsuka can punish this unshakeable stun with B+K~61A+B~66B for easy 90dmg... be afraid...

anything that sieg has thats unsafe and puts her into TC, she can punish with the umbrella.
If you know the umbrella is comming and you are on stance you can roullette with 8B+K to SCH and evade the umbrella (just evade timming) and punish with SCH B.

Try not to duck too much against her because she has a nasty NC on normal hit (the B+K series), does good damage and safe on block I believe.
B+K have two final hit version... the first does 86dmg... knockdown... ring out... wallsplash and of course she is in advantage even if she fails the two remaining inputs. the other one does 92dmg and doesn't have the RO and WSP properties. By the way, also safe and considerable advantage even on command input mistake. She can do this move after crouch the A in the 66kA, for a cheap half energy bar punishment... This move also takes a lot of the Soul Gauge so not try to guard to much or you gonna be CF in every round...

Use alot of safe moves against her, i like RSH A+B, SCH B, B:4 (used properly), B+K B, and JaGa/aGa
Try to pace SCH B to SCH mixing the release time (never do full release is the easiest version to GI)...

I unlike a+kA:2A here, she cant punish with umbrella I dont think, will test later
The unmbrella can punish everything in short - mid distance... and if they can punish with the umbrella they would use 33B that its so fast that can be used as punisher for SSH A+B for example.

Another character that you should play your solid D against rather then go all out crazy since sieg can be pretty unsafe.
My only advice against Setsuka is throw... throw and more throws... and if you are facing a top Setsuka user even if you are a top Siegfried player run for your life!! (or switch to Kilik he is fucking awesome against Setsuka!)

-Stryker-

PD: Check this videos for a good Setsuka example:

Midrange oriented play + 8B+K use is worth gold against Setsuka.
Also, Umbrella is stepable in this game - unlike its SC3 version.

-Stryker-

PD: Check this videos for a good Setsuka example:

I only watched the first 3 videos, but that is a really poor representation of a high level setsuka. I think you should watch some of Shenrei's vids for an example of a scary setsuka. I'm sure there are other really good videos in the setsuka forum as well.

Midrange oriented play + 8B+K use is worth gold against Setsuka.
Also, Umbrella is stepable in this game - unlike its SC3 version.

Quoted for thruth.
Although the umbrella was steppable in SC3 too.

I kinda know the match up... maybe i can help you guys. The match up is clearly in Setsuka favor but Sieg can be problematic if you stay very solid.

General advice :

Stay the safer as you can. Or you'll get punished. If you see the Setsu can't block your lows, just abuse them.
Try to stay at mid-close range. This can be difficult.

Sieg is one of the fiew character that can prevent her from usin too much "random" 4A since he is in a 3B range all the time and 3B IIRC is TC. Although be aware that if you get a 3B blocked, you'll get punished. Everytime. 3K at the very best and a CH move at the very worst (6K for 50 dmg, 4A for 80 dmg/half life).
Your problem : 3B is NEEDED against her. So ... just choose your timings to throw 3B.

Don't duck randomly, you'll get hurt. Badly.
Don't try to parry 1B:B that much, if Setsuka does 1B and you parry the void you'll get punished by 86 dmg. If you block 1B:B it's not that big of a deal, the parry does get you damage opportunities, but 1B:B doesn't hurt the SG, and pushes back Setsuka a little into your best distance which is mid-close range (mid range but not far enough not to be able to throw her if you dash a little).

Just ABUSE agA, or anti step tools in general. You'll need it. A single move she step and it's a 70 damage punition at the very least. And she can step fine even if her step is in the lower ranks (being punished by 86 dmg for doing 3K hurts....)

In particular :

What you must be aware is that Setsuka is not really a pressure character. While she is a very good character she has various weaknesses you can exploit.

The first one is step. 8B+K is a very good move against her. It will help you get damage opportunities.
Only drawback is that it's risky... She does WS A and she ends up at +8... she does nothing and you'll get punished. She does 1AAA and you'll get hit... be aware of 6AA too, you'll avoid the first one with 8B+K and get CHed by the second one (65 dmg combo afterwards). Sieg won't be able to punish 6AA btw, he can punish only by i15 move (range dependant so stay alert or you'll whiff) and you have to be very reactive.
Her 2A has a very good range, and if she hit you with 2A when you do 8B+K be aware she'll get a side throw afterwards if she decides to throw.
About 6AA : your best bait after you BLOCK the first one is to do nothing. Trying to B+K / GI / attack is a bad solution, since if Setsuka does nothing... you'll get punished.

The second one is exploit her own strengh. She is a very good defensive character, and she knows Sieg is a unsafe character. So she'll likely tend to focus on blocking more. Just throw her, in order to make her duck. Throws will likely be one of your most important pressure tool.
Just try not to get too predictible when you throw, you'll get punsihed badly for at least 70 dmg.

One last advice :
When you're OTG, just roll without raising up. Everytime, it will be more problematic to the setsu since her moves that hit OTG can be rolled. Even if she hits you out of rolling it will only be minor damage, don't get into her wake up game which can be deadly.
Eventually she'll whiff. And NOW you can get up.
This will make her stop when she is in a wake up game situation allowing you to try random attacks when you get up...

Good luck !

Back