Siegfried Pre-release Discussion

Are you hype for Siegfried?

• Taste...THE POWER OF MY SWORD!

• I do not desire...a false salvation.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aB not being safe on block is a major disappointment. Could have been excellent for oki. It was super spammable back when it was Strife 6B in SC3. :(

Still, thanks for going out there and putting in the time, @IceColdEdge . It is appreciated.

SBH vs Mid & Low Horizontals or RE B(Lethal Hit) is really good for a 1/2 life combo starter with Siegfried.

Why no aga breakdown? it's his most important move. changes, attributes..etc

Sieg's Critical Edge seems to involve a lot of forward movement, giving it HUGE range, but making it vulnerable to missing if you're the least bit off axis the closer you are to the opponent.

@ 9:03 in this video compare Sieg's distance from Nightmare before the startup cutscene and afterwards.

And he still caught Nightmare with just the middle of his sword.

Is A,2A,A out? What about B,B,B_K from SC1? I'd prefer this mixup strings to the new B,B.
You're crazy, the new BB is amazing. It's old b6 followed by old 6B, NCC. Old SCIV/SCV B string is still somewhat represented in his new 2BBB. The third hit is a break attack with a small gap between the 2nd and 3rd hit, possibly making it safe against RE.
aB not being safe on block is a major disappointment. Could have been excellent for oki. It was super spammable back when it was Strife 6B in SC3. :(

Still, thanks for going out there and putting in the time, @IceColdEdge . It is appreciated.
a:B still seems like a good fast punisher, something Sieg lacked. @IceColdEdge does it combo into SBH K on NH?

@IceColdEdge does it combo into SBH K on NH?
I *think* it will... I actually don't know for sure because I didn't realize that it hit grounded until the last day of CEO.

I was only using it as an ender in this combo:

CH B6 -> a:(B) -> SBH K

Also, I agree that a:B will be useful as a mid punisher where 3B is too slow. As an aside 3B feels slower and like it doesn't tech crouch as well.

- I.C.E.

You're crazy, the new BB is amazing. It's old b6 followed by old 6B, NCC. Old SCIV/SCV B string is still somewhat represented in his new 2BBB. The third hit is a break attack with a small gap between the 2nd and 3rd hit, possibly making it safe against RE.

a:B still seems like a good fast punisher, something Sieg lacked. @IceColdEdge does it combo into SBH K on NH?

Eh, I wouldn't go so far to say it's amazing yet. The 2nd hit is unsafe, how much has yet to be confirmed. And given the gap between the two hits, quite possibly also stepable on block, and it doesn't look like it's hit-confirmable.

But yeah... it'll definitely have a place in his toolset, if only for the fact that you could always just B if you want to play more conservatively with it. I'll take it.

As for a:B. Its speed hasn't yet been confirmed. Strife 6B was i19-20 if I recall correctly. It does look faster as a:B, but how much is uncertain. Here's hoping they made it i16. I doubt it's faster than that though (B6 and B should have the same speed unless they changed it from past games).

Btw @IceColdEdge

Can you confirm that 66B has no stance transition? I'm asking because Night's 22_88B goes into NLS now, apparently with excellent block frames.

Last edited:
Actually our friends from Brazil have found the answer for us... It does combo on normal hit (whoops that was counter hit... I'm a clown), as seen here:

- I.C.E.

P.S. I also think B, B is pretty good... it will have it's downsides (2nd hit steppable) but plenty of upsides (a ring out, wall splat, ncc with good range, better frame w/ single B than previous B6).

Eh, I wouldn't go so far to say it's amazing yet. The 2nd hit is unsafe, how much has yet to be confirmed. And given the gap between the two hits, quite possibly also stepable on block, and it doesn't look like it's hit-confirmable.

But yeah... it'll definitely have a place in his toolset, if only for the fact that you could always just B if you want to play more conservatively with it. I'll take it.

As for a:B. Its speed hasn't yet been confirmed. Strife 6B was i19-20 if I recall correctly. It does look faster as a:B, but how much is uncertain. Here's hoping they made it i16. I doubt it's faster than that though (B6 and B should have the same speed unless they changed it from past games).

Btw @IceColdEdge

Can you confirm that 66B has no stance transition? I'm asking because Night's 22_88B goes into NLS now, apparently with excellent block frames.
Re: 2nd hit of B, B... It is unsafe, but with push back so I really don't think many characters will be able to do anything about it (famous last words). And in my testing I don't recall it being stab punishable. The biggest danger is getting the 2nd hit stepped imo.

I don't know if 66B has a stance transition unfortunately.

- I.C.E.

I couldn't give you a specific number at the moment but it definitely feels better... Further the fact that B, B is NCC also means that CH B by itself give you good advantage.

Adding this to my list of stuff to test at Evo :-)

- I.C.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back