Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change of subject.

66K BE~8 B+K~SCH K BE~iaga is a char specific combo against aeon, damp, leixia, natsu, pat, pyrrha, omega, tira, elysium and viola.
That is useful because it enables siegfried to actually have a fairly good ring out range to his right.

66K BE~2 B+K~SCH K BE~iaga works against all chars and rings out behind siegfried (the range is not that great though).

Together with regular 66K BE~SCH K BE~iaga, which rings out in front of him and to his left, you can pretty much position your opponent wherever you want to have him after 66K BE.

20 damage (does this beat guts?)

No. Just tested it. Not only does the standard 20 damage 6K not beat guts, but if you get a side or back hit for 21 or 22, THAT doesn't beat guts.

Also, relatedly, SBH K BE doesn't beat guts either. If you find yourself at the end of a match and you try to use SBH K BE to try and kill off the dude because you think it's more damage than SBH B, you'll end up doing LESS damage because of guts.

No. Just tested it. Not only does the standard 20 damage 6K not beat guts, but if you get a side or back hit for 21 or 22, THAT doesn't beat guts.

Also, relatedly, SBH K BE doesn't beat guts either. If you find yourself at the end of a match and you try to use SBH K BE to try and kill off the dude because you think it's more damage than SBH B, you'll end up doing LESS damage because of guts.

There should be a law that says Guts doesn't activate on weak, multi-hit, NC strings, especially ones that use meter like SBH k(BE) and Raphael 6Bb(BE). I thought the entire purpose of Guts was so you didn't try and scrub out a round with quick, safe attacks that don't do a lot of damage - spending meter on things that are extremely bad on block is the polar opposite of that.

While we are at it, what do you guys think about the clashing system?
I personally think its fucking stupid that multihit strings have priority over slow and heavy single hit ones.

Really, if i swing a 10 ton detached airplane wing at leixia and she swirls her little needle around, it should be her weapon that gets clashed away, not mine #fuqthesystem

While we are at it, what do you guys think about the clashing system?
I personally think that its fucking stupid multihit strings have priority over slow and heavy single hits ones.

Really, if i swing a 10 ton detached airplane wing at leixia and she swirls her little pitting needle around, it should be her weapon that should get clashed away, not mine #fuqthesystem

The problem with it is that it's never really been codified. I have never seen any tutorials, by Namco or third parties, about how the clashing system works and why it works like it does. It's definitely something that's needed an overhaul for quite some time.

B4 losing to random, wimpy, bullshit strings offends me.

I've never understood the clashing system either. Would it take much from the game if it didn't exist?
No it wouldn't

Other notes: If I were to change the clash system I would have it to when moves of the same speed clash it simply is a reset to neutral which would also cancel strings. If a faster move clashes with a slower one the person who executed the slower move would have frame advantage. This advantage would range from +1 to+10. It would be sort of a punishment for not interrupting slower attacks.

That would be a decent change.

Some nooby questions about Siegfried moveset:

Do people ever use 66a? I know it has the guard impact thing, which is cool I suppose, but I don't remember ever getting it in actual matches (probably cause I don't really use it). 44a is an another move that I don't really get. Both can be followed by a CE tho, so I guess that's something...

That would be a decent change.

Some nooby questions about Siegfried moveset:

Do people ever use 66a? I know it has the guard impact thing, which is cool I suppose, but I don't remember ever getting it in actual matches (probably cause I don't really use it). 44a is an another move that I don't really get. Both can be followed by a CE tho, so I guess that's something...
The only use I have for 66A is when I know that after hitting with 1K they'll do a generic 2A. The CE after 66A cab be escaped by teching left and right. I never use 44A though, it would make a good whiff punisher though. It gives Sieg his highest meterless damage.

New Topic: How do YOU use 6K?
I've been using it more. It's been connecting a lot against Natsu, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu & co. when their attacks keep them safely tech crouched under 6A at close range. Not sure why it's been working better than 3A and 3B, however, when it's not faster than either of those, just gives you the benefit of the tech crouch of your own. I wonder if the animation makes them think you're open and by the time they react and initiate their attack it'll beat whatever they do.

I was thinking maybe I should be using B6 and 4B more in those situations, though.

The only use I have for 66A is when I know that after hitting with 1K they'll do a generic 2A. The CE after 66A cab be escaped by teching left and right. I never use 44A though, it would make a good whiff punisher though. It gives Sieg his highest meterless damage.
Vs generic 2A just use B+K and take your free SBH B combo for swag and damage.

So 66A is suddenly utterly pointless again. Yay.

Any other moves I should never use? Or are some of the underused moves actually viable?

So 66A is suddenly utterly pointless again. Yay. Any other moves I should never use? Or are some of the underused moves actually viable?
Well, it has good range, and a lot of people respond to a runup by stepping, probably thinking 66B or 66A+B are incoming.

So 66A is suddenly utterly pointless again. Yay.

Any other moves I should never use? Or are some of the underused moves actually viable?
The main use for 66A is to be able to aGI horis from FC, where SBH is not available.
There are certain strings like pyrrhas 11AA, where the first hit is a low, so after blocking it you are left in FC and cant use SBH to GI the followup. Thats when you use 66A. It also activates slightly faster, which can be important too.

Outside of GI'ing strings there is not much use for this move because its too easy to duck on reaction but one might try to catch step with it at ultra long range, where most chars cant whiffpunish it.

The main use for 66A is to be able to aGI horis from FC, where SBH is not available.
There are certain strings like pyrrhas 11AA, where the first hit is a low, so after blocking it you are left in FC and cant use SBH to GI the followup. Thats when you use 66A. It also activates slightly faster, which can be important too.

Even then, that's a bad example. For Pyrrha 11AA, if you expect the second hit - JG the earliest timing, block for anything in between, and SBH once you see the GB flash that shows she's committed to the latest timing. With JG + SBH, you're basically getting more reward for less risk.

The ONLY time I can see a use for 66A is if you block the first hit of Voldo LF (A), forget to jump the second, and are still in FC before you block the last hit. Even then - why didn't you jump the second hit and then SBH?

RCC B+K maybe?
Yeah, this is something you can do for certain things too, and it's not all that hard. SBH just overshadows 66A in so many ways as an aGI, it's not even funny.

Right, bad example but the basic idea still remains: to have a GI available from FC.
RCC is a thing but imho it has a certain level of impracticality, when we are talking about GI'ing stuff on reaction in clutch situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back