Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use 4A after 3B/WRB, SCH K BE, 4A for forwards ringout.
11B I use in Sieg mirrors as:
1: A counter to SCH, TC and step, Sieg needs to realign to beat it.
2: To step 3B and duck iaga simultaneously.

Other than those uses I find those moves total shit and only use while trolling lol.

11B is good if you catch them off guard with it while they're moving forward to attack. If you get a counter hit, you can follow up with SCH B and then CE.
I am afraid the CE is not guaranteed in that combo.
I use 4A after 3B/WRB, SCH K BE, 4A for forwards ringout.
Are you sure it rings out farther than 3B? If yes, then thats quite a nice find!
11B I use in Sieg mirrors as:
1: A counter to SCH, TC and step, Sieg needs to realign to beat it.
2: To step 3B and duck iaga simultaneously.
While its technically useful for that purposes, its redundant because 99B does the same but better (safer, faster, deals more dmg, combos on NH). The only advantage that 11B has, is that its TC is longer and more reliant, so it might be useful in a more neutral situation maybe?

The only sort of interesting thing i know about 11B, is a very gimmicky but damaging tech trap:
CH 11(B)~B+K~SBH B(tech trap: all)~44(B)~SBH K BE for 140+ dmg

Are you sure it rings out farther than 3B? If yes, then thats quite a nice find!

While its technically useful for that purposes, its redundant because 99B does the same but better (safer, faster, deals more dmg, combos on NH). The only advantage that 11B has, is that its TC is longer and more reliant, so it might be useful in a more neutral situation maybe?

The only sort of interesting thing i know about 11B, is a very gimmicky but damaging tech trap:
CH 11(B)~B+K~SBH B(tech trap: all)~44(B)~SBH K BE for 140+ dmg
It seems to but I am not sure. I copied using 4A for this off Solo so he may know more about it.

I might check the wiki for a comparison on the TC frames, I would of thought 99B and 3B would have both had the same bad 4 frame TC though.

That tech trap made me lol. But who techs against basehold unfortunately lol?

Edit: Hmm I don't see the TC frames for these in the wiki. Slayer when you read this post do you know what the TC frames are on 11B and 99B for Siegfried?

They do both have the small 4 frame TC window but against SCH thats all you need.

While we are at it, i think 4A has a small TS (backstep) and 3A seems to have one as well.

Omg that 4A on hit SRSH set-up lol. It scares me...

3A I don't mind using. Although I hate it when my 2A+B followup randomly whiffs though...

I'm very sure. When Sieg does 3B the opponent isn't moved forward much but when you do 4A on an aired opponent Sieg's hitbox pushes them forward much farther than 3B does. You can test it yourself. Also don't credit me for this, I got it from ShenYuan, saw him do it on a video and I decided to test it for myself.

I did but i couldn't really spot a difference. Tested all air control directions and all that jazz. It could be though that 4A rings out a little bit better when they tech right while 3B was better when they teched left but i wasn't sure if it was just my imagination. Need someone to confirm.

I'm trying to pick up this character and I have a question:

I've seen people do a JF move that looks like agA but hits low. How do you do that?

I've seen people do a JF move that looks like agA but hits low. How do you do that?
its 22_88ka:2A. k - slide a just frame 2A. its a fastest input thing. its also mashable.

22ka:2AA. It is a really weird slide input. Sidestep, slide K,A to 2A to start the just frame. Somebody else can probably give you tips on the timing, I only use it if I am trolling so I tend to mash the input a little lolz.

Edit: Slayer you damn ninja.

22ka:2AA. It is a really weird slide input. Sidestep, slide K,A to 2A to start the just frame. Somebody else can probably give you tips on the timing, I only use it if I am trolling so I tend to mash the input a little lolz.

Edit: Slayer you damn ninja.

The best way to get this move down is to hold 2, then hit K:A:A to the tune of Katy Perry's "Wide Awake."

How useful is that move. I know it's a much better version than 1AA and even then, the 2ND hit isn't a true block string, right? I remembered reading from an old post that transitioning from 22ka into chief hold is a highly recommended. But the JF 2A looks pretty cool imo.

How useful is that move. I know it's a much better version than 1AA and even then, the 2ND hit isn't a true block string, right? I remembered reading from an old post that transitioning from 22ka into chief hold is a highly recommended. But the JF 2A looks pretty cool imo.
I wouldn't say its a better version than 1AA per se. Both have their pro's and con's.

I think its a pretty good move actually because its pretty safe due to range and pushback and it has advantage on hit, which is very unusual for a long range low poke and on CH it guarantees a 3B followup. So its well suited for maintaining pressure and fish for counter hits.

datslowness_zps739d907f.png

You use it in situations where the speed does not matter that much, like on oki or against outspaced opponents. I could upload some videos to give a basic idea on how i use the move.

I use 22ka2A sometimes after SCH K BE into agA combo. They're on the ground, and the options for me are either 66B (catches roll and can be a force block, but punishable) or 22ka2A (also catches roll but gives advantage on hit if they stand up, less punishable).

Also, just a general question, sorry if this has been answered, but if you say this is i42, does that include the 10 quickstep frames? And if so, does doing something like 6632ka:2A make it come out any faster?

Also, just a general question, sorry if this has been answered, but if you say this is i42, does that include the 10 quickstep frames? And if so, does doing something like 6632ka:2A make it come out any faster?
Yes it includes the 10 QS frames but it doesn't get faster from doing 6632ka:2A. You get rid of the sidestep animation that way though.

That is basically the thing, the i42 is pretty misleading because the opponent cannot react to the stepping part of the animation and then there are also the small faint frames. In the end its really not any easier to react than your regular 1A (which is still reactable though but it can be difficult).

Post 3(B)~SCH K BE~iaga is one of my preferred setups too. It spaces it perfectly at the tip and catches rollers and hits grounded. I mix it up with 3B though because that is a real force block or with 22B, which deals more dmg and is safe as well at that range.

Post 22ka:2A you can further mix up between 3B/iaga/3A and 2A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back