Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the right section for my post....

Is it possible to block the first hit and just guard the second hit of Siegfried 22_88BB consistently? I' m pretty sure I did this online, but today in practice mode I wasn't able to replicate it...looks like blocking the first hit stuns my character, I can't even step.

Any help?

Question: Has anyone found good use for anything out of 22_88k..series? (Loved this in SCIV but can't fully figure how to use it now.)

Question: Has anyone found good use for anything out of 22_88k..series? (Loved this in SCIV but can't fully figure how to use it now.)

Basically, you have to condition the fuck out of your opponent to get any use out of it. Generally the three I mixup between are:

22K(A) ~ SCH k(BE) beats ducking and attempted interrupts
22K(A) ~ SCH B safe exit and +2 on block
22Ka2AA tricky animation and NC low.

It's extremely niche, but 22Ka2AA looks fucking tricky to people who've never or rarely seen it before, which is most people, and the timing seems to be a lot easier than it was in SC4. It might not be a bad idea to learn just as a potential round ender.

The important thing to remember, though, is that if your opponent is a Greek and is looking out for the string, you will lose HARD to gutstab in so many places, it's not even funny. Basically, stab will interrupt anything that isn't 22KK, and it will punish 22KK on block, as well. Be smart about who you're using it against.

The important thing to remember, though, is that if your opponent is a Greek and is looking out for the string, you will lose HARD to gutstab in so many places, it's not even funny. Basically, stab will interrupt anything that isn't 22KK, and it will punish 22KK on block, as well. Be smart about who you're using it against.
Unfortunately, this can be said for several of Sieg's main mix-ups - (WS mix-up, 3B mix-up, etc.) This, and Natsu's a6.

Dude I need to play your Sieg some more. So much knowledge.

Unfortunately, this can be said for several of Sieg's main mix-ups - (WS mix-up, 3B mix-up, etc.) This, and Natsu's a6.

See, but gutstab just absolutely kills so much.

22KA - SAFE, STAB WILL TC AND KILL YOU
22K(A) - SAFE, STAB WILL TC AND KILL YOU
22KA(A) - SSH IS STUPID AND STAB WILL STILL TC AND KILL YOU
22KAAB - STAB WILL KILL YOU FLAT OUT FOR BEING A MORON
22KA2A - SAFE, BUT STAB IS STILL GONNA TC
22KA2AA - SAFE, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN
22Ka2A - STAB PUNISHES THE SECOND HIT GOOD JOB DOOFUS
22Ka2AA - STAB INTERRUPTS THE LAST HIT NICE JOB NAMCO
22ka:2A - I FLASH BRIGHTLY LIKE A BRILLIANT BUTTERFLY, PLEASE BLOCK ME AND STAB ME
22ka:2AA - STAB INTERRUPT PUNISH BLAH BLAH BLAH
22KK - -15 ON BLOCK SCRUB

Basically anything that has has "22K" at the start of it means that you're going to get stabbed when they realize 22KA is a high and is what you have to use to start all but one of the other strings. So you get stabbed until you use 22KK, which is good until they realize that's stabbable on block and it's easy to just wait to stab you once they see you're not doing 22KK. So then you have to use 22K(A) ~ SCH k(BE) to not get stabbed for that, but then they realize that you've gone back to the 22KA part which they can just stab under. Basically against Ω and friends it's a terrible mix-up that's not in your favor at all.

Fuck Ω.

Dude I need to play your Sieg some more. So much knowledge.

Better get those games in before I rage quit Siegfried and Soul Calibur forever, then. I'm on pretty much whenever, so just send me a message if you see me on PSN.

sorry, but I have a stupid question. Did anyone of you ever heard, that there is going to be a patch for SCV, and that Sieg is going to be nerfed (no, its not a mistake, I really mean nerfed)? Ive heard that from few guys. Because if it is true, is there any sense to play this idiotic game?

I heard from a reliable source (one that leaked the existance of Pyrrha Omega and Alpha Pat back in October) that they won't be nerfing top tiers much. I don't know what characters that includes, but it implies they'll be making buffs to what are already considered low/mid tier. I very much doubt that project soul would nerf Siegfried any further than they already have, considering his current placement. You never know, though...

Hey, if he is nerfed harder, I get to feel myself even more when I beast on people in my region. The 'S' in the front of all of his stance abbreviations stands for 'SALT.'

I have a lot of hard time with awesome players offline and online, with fearsome characters like Natsu, alpha Patroklos, Patroklos, Pyhrra, Omega Phyrra, Ivy, Astaroth, and Nightmare; I had infinite complaints about okizeme, trying to catch up grounded rolling opponents with no good results...

I tried with A+B... no good enough but reliable in some point...
I tested 2Kkk... but its stupid to watch Siegfried do the moon walking using one leg...
I used B4... but the tracking is non existent and is slow as hell...
I kick with 1K but the damage is lame and I want to reserve this move for risky situations...
The I use 22_88 BB by mistake and do an awesome job with tremendous damage! then I keep testing to see the whiff rate, so I started to do 22_88 B4; if the first attack hit them I can pound the grounded opponent with SCH B for more damage! if the first move miss then I keep my SCH stance to interrupt any intent to punish me using SCH K or just SCH B if the opponent get up guarded.
Right now to me this is the best option; the whiff issue is still there but I guess we can survive very well if we try to keep ourselves within the mid range; I cannot upload videos right now but I hope to do it soon.

Some quick questions out of frustration. I've been playing SCV since release but these few things (and others I can't remember ATM) just piss me off. I have to vent...​
Why isn't 3B>SCH KK NC anymore?​
Why does SCH B have no tracking whatsoever?​
Why does the CE go through people? Even when using it as a whiff punisher. (Easiest way to make it happen is doing 2B+G>W! B+K>SCH B> CE it will happen 1/8th of the time)​
Why does 3B>SCH B NCC do less damage than Natsu's 66B on CH?​
And why does BT SCH aGI never work? or is the stance transition too slow to make any use out of it?​
EDIT: Stryker's post reminded me to ask this. Why does 1A hit rollers but not 1AA? The second A always misses, and why can't the move just hit grounded like in SCIV? >.<​

Be patient, guys. Rage after the patch. I'll rage with you if at least a couple of these issues aren't rectified.

My idea is to rage more ! And do it on Facebook or something, maybe we can get our Siegfried buffed that way:D

lol your idea is to shit your pants, make a facebook group, assemble a handful of guys, and post on daishi-san's twitter "LOOGIT THISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!?!?22awf7ocjklbnl;"

Step 3: profit?...

Thats true but you have to admit that it apparently worked really well for the ivy players. Oh god we live in a hard time to be manly.

LAU pretty much said everything that needed to be said about the patch here. Basically, the only people Namco is listening to is people in Asia and anyone else they've worked with before hand. If Siegfried's getting nerfed, then I guess Japan is sitting on some crazy killer Siegfried tech that nobody here was even good enough to think about doing.

Or maybe they're just full of shit and nerfing things randomly. I can never tell these days. But the point is Namco probably never was, and probably never will, listen to us. I mean, Pantocrator is arguably the person with the most "pull" and weight to his name here, and if they're not listening to him, why would they listen to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back