Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed if people's are arguing between him being low and mid tier I think either way that says nerfing him is stupid logically you nerf top tiers and buff low not nerf low and leave high as is that logic makes your head hurt.

I've recently had a conversation with someone exactly like this, where they claim Sieg needs a nerf and then tells me he's mid tier. To be completely honest it's this mentality of "I can't beat you without learning so therefore you need a nerf" thats gonna lead to a Sieg nerf and i agree there's completely no logic behind it.

If Sieg is completely trashed by a nerf I would love to know who PS are listening to with that user feedback (other then those i mentioned above). Just hope it's not the japanese team at WGC that panto managed to take 4 out with his Sieg alone. =P

Probably facebook. I skimmed through their page and the name siegfried appears surprisingly often. Although their is also quite a number of people on fb asking for a sieg buff.

With my experience so far in SC V it has been the case that scrub players all feel Sieg is OP, just because they can't handle the, what, two or three (telegraphed) mixups he has from stance. And 3B, which I am getting punished for now more than ever. I am literally scared to use 3B more than once or twice in a round. So I think all the scrubs are sounding off on facebook and what have you and, as with all games, they are drowning out the voices of reason.

What exactly are they nerfing?

Yeah, nice question, I'd like to know how could he possibly become worse than what he is right now. Nerf his damage to Leixia level ?

An unofficial past list I've got from some people:
  • Guard damage reduced on B4 and 2B
  • Hitbox on 2A+B fucked up - no longer combos/tech traps post SCH B
  • TC window on 22A shortened

An unofficial past list I've got from some people:
  • Guard damage reduced on B4 and 2B
  • Hitbox on 2A+B fucked up - no longer combos/tech traps post SCH B
  • TC window on 22A shortened

-The two best (last ?)move to break the bar. B4 is spammable and too fast, 2(b)guard burst SBH B combo made Siegfried able to do damage without BE, that was broken.
-Because it's one of his best move, he deserves to whiff like the other one (22B, SCHB, 3B). After SCHB the tech trap allow Siegfried to do more than 80, he doesn't deserve that because he is TOO strong.
-TC window was already nerfed with the day 1 patch. But this move has to DIE.

These nerfs, if true, would mean that others will receive nerfs as well, which would be a good thing imo.

These nerfs, if true, would mean that others will receive nerfs as well, which would be a good thing imo.

Not necessarily, though I have been hearing something to that effect. Two more days until we find out.

Really? That would be great. After a couple of great matches i had yesterday, with some dude, we talked a little bit about the patch and he told me he was glad that sieg gets nerfed, he is op. I was shocked because that dude was actually decent.
Btw, to him nm was only a sub of sieg...

Really? That would be great. After a couple of great matches i had yesterday, with some dude, we talked a little bit about the patch and he told me he was glad that sieg gets nerfed, he is op. I was shocked because that dude was actually decent.
Btw, to him nm was only a sub of sieg...

What Most of these FOOLS DONT UNDERSTAND is that........ the Siegfried PLAYER IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE NERFED NOT F-ing Siegfried...

At first word of an update I was gonna come outta retirement but after reading this........................... whatetever I guess the next 2 days will be make or break for me.... Other charecters are cool but Ima grown ass man "you could never understand"

Basically, you have to condition the fuck out of your opponent to get any use out of it. Generally the three I mixup between are:

22K(A) ~ SCH k(BE) beats ducking and attempted interrupts
22K(A) ~ SCH B safe exit and +2 on block
22Ka2AA tricky animation and NC low.

It's extremely niche, but 22Ka2AA looks fucking tricky to people who've never or rarely seen it before, which is most people, and the timing seems to be a lot easier than it was in SC4. It might not be a bad idea to learn just as a potential round ender.

The important thing to remember, though, is that if your opponent is a Greek and is looking out for the string, you will lose HARD to gutstab in so many places, it's not even funny. Basically, stab will interrupt anything that isn't 22KK, and it will punish 22KK on block, as well. Be smart about who you're using it against.

Thank you very much! Superb analysis!

I've been testing 22Ka2A3B with good results so far, but I think you are dead on about being selective about when to use.

I seem to often end up at a weird angle after 22K(A), making SCH A the only way to avoid risk of whiffing. Anyone else notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back