Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me, why ppl thnk Sieg is weak? Doesnt seem even remotely bad to me.
I've read through the thread and most of the time Panto is going too far in his judgements.
Also Im more than sure that if things go on as they are, Japanese players will win any tournament they go to. Their level as of now is far above even the best european players.

Mitsurugi nerf is not medium, his ability to gain meter has been nerfed severely. Compare that with the fact that ability of many moves to GIVE meter to opponent has been nerfed in general, and you will no longer see those 2KB's flying.
Strangely though, I thought Mitsu would be sort of unchanged with that nerf and need more, but now it seems Namco hit the perfect spot to balance him out.
Well for the most part its a risk/reward thing. I know a lot of chars entitle themself as having a bad risk/reward but for sieg its actually true. Let me explain this, a lot of his hits do 30+ or even 40+ damage which is really good for a single strike. Sieg's SCH B is simply amazing with a whooping 48 damage. The thing is, due to other chars being able to do more than 40+ damage due to guaranteed follow ups and combos most of the time, causes them to outdamage sieg.

And i guess i don't have to explain that its really bad for a slow and unsafe character to not be able to outdamage his opponents. Add to that weak grabs, the shortest backdash/sidestep of the game, weak punish game and serious whiffing issues and you have a char that has a really bad MU against the majority of the cast (among those are impossible MU's like Omega which are at true 7-3/8-2 in your opponents favor).

Sieg is reliant on his opponent constantly making mistakes and falling to his gimmicks, which makes sieg a very nice scrubkiller but overall very bad at a competitive level.

What keeps sieg (admittedly barely) viable, is his excellent range and the awesomeness of 3B and SCH B, imo.

With that being said, i think the patch improved sieg's risk/reward due to the big amount of toptier nerfs.

The system changes can be read as Siegfried buffs. Backstep is not incredibly safe anymore. I'll test to see what exactly this entails, but for the most part Siegfried's range might have gotten effectively bigger.
This is probably true... But in my experience, I'm the one trying to maintain distance/control space than the other way around... Therefore not being able to get away from rushdown as well could be a problem. Overall I liked the movement of the game but I'm a tekken player also so whatever... We'll see how it pans out.

- I.C.E.

Can someone explain to me, why ppl thnk Sieg is weak? Doesnt seem even remotely bad to me.

I'll call myself out, here. I've been listening to the opinions of too many others and that's why I was under the misconception that Siegfried was weak. I suppose that I took the opinions of better players as fact a little too much. Then again, that's why I ask questions; I want to know what the hell is going on! Apparently, this isn't the appropriate place to look anymore if we're so unhappy as a group; whether or not popular opinion is correct regarding Siegfried's tier placement, there's no better way to find out than with time.

Honestly to me he seems weaker simply because of his low damage output compared to the rest of the cast, his whiffing issues and poor stepping ability. If they gave him the ability to do decent damage without burning through meter, better back dash, and fixed his whiffing issues he would be considered much stronger. Only problem there is "OP character risen from mid tier" syndrome would happen to non Sieg mains then he would get nerfed again.

I got the patch... and I'm the new Pantocrator... Good fucking luck trying to zone someone out.

I'll try to post in a week or so after my anger has gone down. Maybe it won't be as bad as I feel right now.

- I.C.E.

From the few matches i have fought so far post patch, i already see myself whiff punishing more often with 4B+K
and instead of using 2 A+B against wake up, i am using more 6B+K mixups. Actually turns out to be more effective, imo.

I got the patch... and I'm the new Pantocrator... Good fucking luck trying to zone someone out.

I'll try to post in a week or so after my anger has gone down. Maybe it won't be as bad as I feel right now.

- I.C.E.
wait amigo i thought the patch was tomorrow...i played a little SC5 about 30min ago and i didnt get the update

Did siegfried's 1aa have 100% tracking before the patch? I'm curious because if Voldo jumps over siegfried's 1a with FCA+B, sieg will turn around and land the last a.
i'll check since im still running pre-patch

EDIT: as far as i can tell, it only even happens if voldo is touching or is right beside siegfried when he lands. if he clears him with any kind of breathing room whatsoever, sieg finishes the move with no tracking whatsoever. or at least pre-patch he does.

i'll check since im still running pre-patch

EDIT: as far as i can tell, it only even happens if voldo is touching or is right beside siegfried when he lands. if he clears him with any kind of breathing room whatsoever, sieg finishes the move with no tracking whatsoever. or at least pre-patch he does.

I can't seem to recreate it. Maybe it was just a happy accident for Siggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back