Siegfried SCV Non-Gameplay Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it looked wierd at first; but when I thought about it and looked at it some more, I came to agree with it. It looks realistic...not just in the graphical sense. Facial hair being abit thicker would help though.

He looks better over here than that other 3D Model.

soulcalibur-v-20110607100245629.jpg

At least he's manlier now - SC4s pretty boy with soul cancer was cute but now I'm ready for a real man!
Thankyou namco, thankyou! :3
fixed that for ya =P

sieg looks fine to me. infact imo hes still pretty damn smexy =3 i think i can deal with the shorter beard, it doesnt look too bad on him tbh. im just sooo glad hes wielding requiem again, that weapon suits him.

From what I see, his "3D render" is actually in-game model. He looks kinda weird here, maybe it's just lighting but he appears to have a double chin when you first look at him :P

From what I see, his "3D render" is actually in-game model. He looks kinda weird here, maybe it's just lighting but he appears to have a double chin when you first look at him :P
i noticed that. but he doesnt look the same from the other picture of Sieg vs Pat. His face, eyes look better than the first pic imo.

If I had seen the 3D model first (without knowing that Sieg would be in SCV), I'd not recognise him easily, maybe not at all. Yeah he looks strange in that particular pic, like he has a double chin or puffy cheeks, but in every other in-game or sketch he looks ok...
And as for his beard... it should be thicker or a bit darker because it just doesn't look nice with his blond hair...

So this video shows Sieg with something of a new move. From Chief Hold, I would guess the command is KB? A knee into a guard break/crush attack. Looks like it consumed a bit of Critical Gauge meter, too.

What do you guys think?

Oh shit it's Aris - my favorite Dragunov.

Also, what I saw:

SC1 SSH B 3:49
SC4 AA 4:17
SC4 6A 4:35
SC4 1AA (also either the Mitsu is terrible or 1AA is NC) 3:39
SC4 (B) 3:42
SC4 3B (new, manlier animation; still tech crouchs) 3:33
SC4 B4 (looks like he's starting it but gets knocked out, could be wrong) 5:55
SC4 K 4:45
SC4 4K 6:02
SC4 2KK 4:25
SC4 66B (with monster push back) 3:45
SC4 A+BA 3:34
SC4 2A+B 3:41
SC4 A+KK 4:44
SC4 a+ka2A 6:01
SC4 SCH A 6:13
SC4 SCH B 4:11
SC4 SCH KK 3:55
SC4 SBH B 3:44
SC4 SBH K 4:08
SC5 SCH ?!? (looks like SCH K, then SC3 SCH A+B - is this what you were talking about Windstar?) 3:32
SC5 ?!? (looks like SRSH B, but Sieg's off screen for the possible 6B+K) 5:50
K+G (THAT ALL YOU GOT?!) 3:28

Anyway, it goes without saying - this is still an early build and some, or a lot of this might not transfer to the final game, so none of this is proof of "OMG SIEG HAS MORE STANCE OPTIONS WOO". However, the new move that SSH looks to have (old NSSr B) does allow us to speculate - are they making Siegfried resemble SC2 Nightmare as far as stances? If so, how do you feel?

Personally, I never got as good of a hand on SC2 Nightmare's stances as I did Siegfried, just because the options were so much more compared to SC4 Siegfried, both going into stance and switching between them. However, I was a lot scrubbier back then, and would more than welcome more stance options at this point. Hell, I'd be fine if they gave each stance the maximum amount of inputs possible, assuming the moves tied to the inputs have actual uses and aren't just there as chaff. Maybe even if they were just filler - more options is always better, I say.

Discuss away.

To me, Sig's look will always be the Sig from Soul Edge, just like my display picture. I hope that NAMCO makes his 2nd outfit more like SE Sig.

3B now knocks down on normal hit at long range (outside of Launching range). The knockdown looks like those that face stun-fall back from getting hit by Voldo's (forward facing) face stab. Leaving SCH'B to hit rival's feet.
I'm not sure about this, but NAMCO re-animated Sig's 3B to look more like his old WR'B from SC1,2,3. What I'm not sure about is that NAMCO is probably reading our ideas, because replacing Sig's 3B with his old WR'B was one of things that I suggested on wish lists posted here on 8wr. I've also PM my Sig concerns to them by FB. I just hope they are really listening, to then make the right decision by themselves. At least I'd gave them a very detailed feedback.

The move he does at 5:50 that looks like RSH'B, to me it looked like the new mid-hilt that I suggested before. A mid-hilt that on guard would pushback rivals a lot, a mid+fast+low damage+safe+backpush to open good space. Idk, maybe I'm dreaming a lot lately :P Maybe SC5 hype is making me crazy already :P

NAMCO should really upload beta versions to PSN & XBL so we can DL & test play along side the development of SC5.

Also, early in that video, "Pyrrha" does "Side-dashes". They reminded me of the "Avoids" steps from SC2, but seemed manual this time, which if it is, its goooood. I was tire of the freaking-dumb "tracking system" since SC3. I hope that SC5 gets legit-on-input side steps, with a legit target system like VF's: FullSpin, Half & Linear attacks. Not the same crappy-lets-pray-I-dont-get-hit side step vs tracking that SC4 has.

To me, Sig's look will always be the Sig from Soul Edge, just like my display picture. I hope that NAMCO makes his 2nd outfit more like SE Sig.
It's been about 25 years since Soul Edge. I don't think he would look like a teenager anymore.

imma have to agree that the picture looks wierd. the lips and beard make him look almost asian/japanese. imma miss bishi siegfried but a older more mature vet look would be nice too just make it better then wut it is now, esp more like the concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back