Siegfried Study Responses & Questions

A+KA :2A jf, is better on block than 1A. It's also better on hit, even on ground hit it gives more adv. Input errors are subjective to player....master it, it isn't very hard

I didn't say a+kA:2A, I said a+kA:2AA vs 1AA.

I'd much rather take the lower minus frames from 1AA if it doesn't tech trap their roll.

There's virtually no reason to use a+kA:2AA over 1AA in a wake up situation.

I'd much rather take the lower minus frames from 1AA if it doesn't tech trap their roll.

But isn't 1AA punishable if they use 2G?

They're both unsafe if you do both hits...but at least doing the jf low the first hit only can save your skin quite a bit.

Both are unsafe if u do second hit.

In tech trap situations 1AA > the jf low

IN general okizeme jf low > 1A

They're both unsafe if you do both hits...but at least doing the jf low the first hit only can save your skin quite a bit.

Both are unsafe if u do second hit.

In tech trap situations 1AA > the jf low

IN general okizeme jf low > 1A

So which situations do you recognize specifically for tech traping with 1AA? Does the akA:2A hit grounded?

yeah it hits grounded or it would suck eh :p

and kPc pretty much wraps it up right there.

Like after throws and so on, i would do the jf low over 1A cuz they basically do the same thing but it's safer

What does a+kA:2A look like? Is there a white flash?

I believe I can do something that seems to me like a+ka2A (he twitches a bit before he does a 1A-like move), is that it or is it totally different?

thats the move, it looks like he will do the a+kA but he instead goes right into the low.

huh, a pseudo-JF, then?

does it really hit grounded? I'm doing it in practice on a grounded Talim and it keeps whiffing like 1A does.

unless I'm doing it wrong or it has a specific hitbox...

It hit's low, but it won't hit if the person is just laying there. It's essentially Beta Grounder for animation/hitbox purposes, and can also whiff on rolling opponents if you're too close.

Ehm... hm. I'm sure there's a use for it somewhere...

Are Siegfried's mixups contained in his stances? Aside from throws and the SRSH K, said a+kA:2A has good frames but doesn't really scare people.

Is 3B revered because it leads to a stance transition? 40-50 pts of damage off a regular hit combo is kinda peanuts, IMO...

3 is good because it tech crouches, launches on CHit, and can be used to stifle faster characters with 3~K.

Honestly though, iWS B is better to use when you have frame advantage after blocking because it tech crouches, goes into SCH also, and is much less punishable due to the -1~0 frame disadvantage compared to 3's -5~-4. If you get the iWS down, it's about the same number of frames as 3 too (maybe 1 more).

iWS B also leads into a SCH k and follow ups on CHit too.

I did see some people do that move a whole lot in the videos.

still, wrB (lol notation) SCH B is... 30-ish? That's even worse.

CH is 60 but I'm not a very good CH fisher.

WS B really isnt that good for ch-fishing.
Even with perfect timing an "iWS" move adds around 5 frames to its basic execution speed.
3B has more range and adds great R.O. and wallsplat distance as bonus on ch.
WS B is much more useful to pressure defensive players on block and set them up for reverse yomi and soul gauge rape.

Sacharja got everything cover on 3B and WS B.

I'd like to add sth on a+kA:2A. Its use has nothing to do with hitting ppl when rolling (it will do less than 15 dmg). It is a good low with big range and huge + on hit.

Drake- if you want to hit someone grounded I recommend 1A or 3 because the only time a+kA:2A will hit ground is if your at medium distance. If your close then it whiffs.

between 3 and WS I believe they are even

3- tech crouches, launches on normal for 50 dmg with SCH K, launches on counter for about 72 dmg if completed with SCH A+B, can be punished with As but the window isnt big, Mid, hits grounded.

WS- Mid, leads to about 30 dmg on normal hit when followed with SCH B, leads to 60-70 damage on CH when followed by the kA combo, harder to interrupt the transition from WS B to SCH K

Each have their uses.

Drake, I didn't mean it's better damage wise. I just feel over all it's a better tool when you have mid frame advantage, especially up against some of the people who punish 3 on sight. You can always cut frames by using iWS K too.

Against spammer's or the like, it'll get you CH'ed all day, though.

Hi, new to the forums but Sieg has been my main for as long as I can remember. I have a couple of questions: I've been trying to implement 44A into my game but with little success. I either (A) get knocked out of it because it comes out kinda slow or (B) it whiffs or gets blocked. I understand that on block 44A gives you an advantage, right? What's a good follow up attack in this situation? Sorry if this has been covered already. Also, is there any time when it would be practical to use Sieg's unblockable? I never really use it because it can be sidestepped pretty easily. Just curious. Thanks.

Back