Siegfried Study Responses & Questions

Sacharja

[12] Conqueror
Title says it all.
If anyone has any advice/corrections/additions to offer or needs clarifications on infos presented in the study thread post up here.

Great job so far, just a couple of questions.
- any chance stance roulette will be covered?
- roughly how much detail will be going into matchup reviews?

Thanks

Stance roulette will be covered in Advanced and Punishment sections.
Match-up review will cover ways to dealing with staple moves and tactics as well as the most basic approach for Sieg to take in each match-up.

I was wondering if anybody had a list of Sieg Justframes.. Im having a hard time finding a good listing of them. Have only been playing a few months now and I'm working on getting my roulette and mixumps down, atm I'm going back through basic moves at each hit property of each.

Also.. are there any links to info for sieg auto guard impacts? Ive been using base hold stance shift a little to auto gi a bit, but not consistantly. Just checking, thanks all. Look forward to being part of the community.

Krokpot

Sieg JFs:

B:4 (sorta like a very fast slide motion from B to 4)- gives more + frames and does more health and SC damage

JagA- (now even though its stated as agA, the way I do it without mapping any buttons is pressing the A then immediately following with a gA. So dont slide a to g then to a, press A then immediately slide g to a. hope this helps.)- same frames on block as AgA but looks faster and does more damage. Now on hit it looks like it gives more frames than the non JF one and heres why I say this, with opponents back against the wall, AgA will hit them against the wall and if followed with 6K, it will whiff. JagA into W! 6K will hit, discuss.

Sieg GI:

B+K - Parries all horizontals but about after 1 second, sieg is vulnerable for a short period of time then goes into a permanent auto parry. Guarantees SBH K

BT B+K- again parries all horizontals but for a very short period of time

SSH B- I think it parries high horizontals. guarantees SSH B after.

Thanks kPc, much appreciated. I was watching some of your match videos here and saw what looked like a jf 44a which I didnt know about.

good stuff man, I like your roulette mixups for Okizeme. It was a good match vs kilik, he gives me the most problems still when I play w/ my friends. I will look into the JagA and your method to getting it to come out. I'm still having some problems with just frames in general (learning soul calibur's engine)

I come from an extensive background in fighters so i look forward to learning Soul calibur and taking it to a high level of play.

Are just frames consistent in high level play? I've yet to see a setsuka threat and she's loaded with justfame moves. sry for the long post, thanks!

Thank you and the move your seeing me do is the JagA (Just frame agA), its really hard to do and will take sometime to master so dont get frustrated if you keep trying and it doesnt come out, its one of the hardest JFs in the game

Now you will see alot of players do JFs and that is because it is worth practicing over and over since most of them give better frames on block and hit, do more damage to health and SG, and generally faster than there non JF counterpart.

Setsuka- oh how I hate this B****, She fast, has heavy damage combos, her JFs make her unsafe moves safer (safe against certain characters), and pretty hard to punish with sieg, very annoying.

Well im getting agA down finally, lol but not the jf version.. havnt gotten that once yet.. ill get there. baby steps.. I also finally got A+K,a and A+K,a, 2aa finally to start coming out.. no i just need to figure out the best times to work them into my offence.

thanks for the assistance, getting better... baby steps!

to do a+kA easier just do 22_88 kA, in my mind its alot easier and you can use it with SS.

I'm still have trouble finding places to use this other then post SSH K. Almost all the time i'd rather jagA.

I like to mix up 22 kA2A with 22 k[A] and if they duck I`ll try to do a SCH K or SCH B to be safe and damage their SG.

Why dont people map an extra A to go the JF agA? I tried this last night and it seemed kinda easy for how much people bitch about not being able to do it IRL at tourneys

Now Tim, I know you've watch some of my matches and everytime before a match I map an extra A and G, Its so much easier this way because even though I can do it without the mapping, as many times as I do it in a match my right thumb would probly be double its size after a tournament.

Once I`m done mapping my button set up looks like:

GABK
AG(Empty)(Empty)

when is the best time to use 4:B? does it track a rolling opponent? Trying to figure out a way to put some pressure on a rolling opponent. Ive been working on tech traps and my friends I play with have began rolling sideways instead of ukemi to get out of them, but im not sure the best way to keep pressure on them when they are getting up in this situation.

i guess i could back off and not be so aggressive lol.. always been one of my flaws.

For Seig's wake up I use 1K for short rolls, 2KKKKK if they just lay there, and 1AA if they like to pull the 90 degree roll.

You can use B4 if they like to roll back, forward, or stand up straight. Worst case scenario they block and you're both at neutral frames, or you've got +4 advantage if you nail the JF. I don't think B4 techs to Seig's left on rolls though.

people who roll left dodge the B4/B:4, if people love to roll then I usually just like to do 3 for people who like to stay on the ground or roll.

Back