Siegmare?

There will be more than 20 characters, that's a given at this point. I agree with Song of silence in that it's better to have a smaller roster that is well balanced than to have a SC3 situation with almost 50 move sets available.

on that note, there we a ton of interesting weapon concepts in sc3's bonus characters. Some of those could be used as a base to make a polished character for future games or DLC

Yeah, it really sucks when trash tier characters exist just to be in a space and never be picked, but sieg and nighty are fairly different, but if one ends up being trash tier, when another character or style could have taken the space, i'd rather have siegmare, but i think PS could probs get a decent balance in.
As long as you don't count X, but that's a given.

I'd take that, as i said, i'd suck to hae trash characters. I'll take back grieve edge over sieg any day of the week though, if they balance it well

also didn't the kayane interview say that the 20 were not final, and there may be more

Siegfried will be revealed as his own character and he'll be viable. Don't worry about Xianghua. I'll be the one to get her nerfed in a very interesting way that no one will complain.

Siegfried will be revealed as his own character and he'll be viable. Don't worry about Xianghua. I'll be the one to get her nerfed in a very interesting way that no one will complain.
Why are you talking about getting her nerfed before the game is even released? Is this an inside joke? :(

Why are you talking about getting her nerfed before the game is even released? Is this an inside joke? :(

No, it's not a joke. SCVI Xianghua is overpowered right now because 4A+B, 2A+B, & 6A+B destroy ALL Horizontals & Verticals and cause Lethal Hit for huge combos.

Last edited:
No, it's not a joke. SCVI Xianghua is overpowered right now because 4A+B, A+B, & 6A+B destroy ALL Horizontals & Verticals and cause Lethal Hit for huge combos.
I hope she'll stay fair and competitive in light of any future changes. She's one of my faves.

That's my plan. I like Xianghua, but I don't want her to have 10-0 matchups because it's not fun.
I fully agree.
Just make sure you don't get her nerfed out of something that the rest of the cast will also have or even worse: something that she'll need in order to deal with other things. Game balance is a difficult thing.

Imagine if Sieg and NM are battling it out, the helmet gets broken off, and then it looks like Sieg is fighting his evil twin. That doesn't seem right to me.
This could very easily have happened in SoulCalibur V in a Raphael vs. Nightmare match, if Nightmare's equipment breaking removed his helmet.
But just have a customized Nightmare who isn't wearing a helmet and you can accomplish the same thing. This doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

This could very easily have happened in SoulCalibur V in a Raphael vs. Nightmare match, if Nightmare's equipment breaking removed his helmet.
But just have a customized Nightmare who isn't wearing a helmet and you can accomplish the same thing. This doesn't mean anything in and of itself.
In and of itself.... it's the whole package. All things point to sieg being axed. You seem hell bent on denying that at all costs. Whatever believe what you want

In and of itself.... it's the whole package. All things point to sieg being axed. You seem hell bent on denying that at all costs. Whatever believe what you want
Things do seem to be pointing to sieg being axed, but maybe as a non-canon DLC?
interesting weapon concepts
Am i hearing mage staff, grieve edge and iron sword (look, i just want a generic(ish) weapon)?! i think i am! If project soul gives us this i might not have to Mantis Crawl all the way to them in japan.

iron sword is too similar to NM or SIeg. We don't need a third character swinging a giant sword.

And yeah SIeg DLC non canon is the only chance

iron sword is too similar to NM or SIeg. We don't need a third character swinging a giant sword.

He'll be announced later in the base game. Zas has been confirmed and you know that means Siegfried will regain free will in the SCIII part of SCVI's story and Zas revives Nightmare.

Does anyone really think that Sieg has a shot at a place in the game, because the way things are going we do not actually have anything even pointing to anything and Vergeben said something on the general discussin (the big one by @WindupSkeleton ) about the DLC, IIRC. Anyways, i feel like sieg has a lower chance of having a DLC appearance, especially since Cervantes may be a DLC, Setsuka i feel would be likely and there are probs more. Could it be possible Sieg might just be a skin? It'd be a shame, because one of my longest running CAS is a sieg.

this is one of those times in life where I'd very much like to be wrong about this. Been playing Sieg since sc3

I don't know why people are worrying if Siegfried will make it in or not. Don't really care much for him but there is no way that Project Soul is going to exclude the face of game.

He has appeared in every game, friend. Sure not two, unless you want to count the bonus outfit, though he hasn't been axed in later games.

How is that the only chance? We don’t even know anything about the story yet. Zas is in, so they could be going to 3’s story, or he could just be in non-canon.

I think there is a high chance Sieg will be in.

Back