Sig vs Mitsu + Frames Question

AshnardZero

[09] Warrior
Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

I've started this for a few reasons. One, I'm sure every character will have a count-said-character thread at some point, and two, it's insufferable to lose to a spammer online (a.k.a Mitsu's 2AB, 3B combo). So, I'll try and get the ball rolling.

Moves to use

6A- Sieg's obvious "stay away" move, especially if your foe is fond of sidestepping. It should also stop advances of both of Mitsu's stances, as to my knowledge, only one of the stances moves ducks, and it is a close range attack.

3A- Armlet Crusher punishes sidestepping to one side, and stops ducking moves, though I can't say whether it can stop Mitsu's 2A in time, since the startup time is a bit long.

6K- Good for stopping an onslaught, but dangerous to use otherwise. It flies under all ducking moves, and is weak to sidestepping. If it does hit on counter, you can follow it up with the 3~A+B combo.

4K- A much safer option than 6K, it tech crouches and hits mid, though still sidesteppable.

11[ B] - Good move because of its range and tech crouch. On counter, it easily links into kB~SBH K for a lil' extra damage. Weak to some of Mitsu's quick sidestepping moves, so be careful.

WS AA- Good for catching sidestepping, and the second strike usually scores.

Moves to Look out for

2KB- Damn this move in all its glory. If there's one move a Mitsu user could not survive without, it's this. Potent, quick, crouches, bounces opponent with no air control or ukemi, rings out, natural combo, sets up for more attacks or a repetition of the same move. Unless you absolutely KNOW it's coming, forget blocking it or guard impact. GI is still your best bet, though, unless you mess up the timing, in which case, the mentioned move will have its way with you.

Relic Stance B- Quick, and sidesteps. All vertical moves will be punished, including pokes and 3B

Relic Stance A - Deadly quick, and interrupts most attackers. On the bright side, they're both high moves, so just get to 3B or 11B before hand. Relic's KB attack is also a bother, but not as threatening as the above.

66A+B- Deadly range, almost more mobility than Sieg's moves. If you see it coming early enough, intercept it with 6B or the 6K combo. Otherwise, just block. It leaves you in a crouched stance, so plan out your next move carefully. Either attack or retreat appropriately. Worth noting, at close range, this move actually steps around GIs.

66A- Not too dangerous, but it stuns and punishes side stepping. Mash the D pad to break out of the stun, and try to mount a counter.

44B- A very annoying move. It backs up then thrusts forward, stunning on counter and avoids plenty of offensive moves, namely Sieg's 6B or other long range tactics. It has slight tracking too, so sidestepping can be a bit of an issue. Do a full sidestep, or be suave, and counter with a Chief Hold~SCH B.

As of right now, this will be a starting point. Add anything you wish, offer pointers or discretions, and I'll update this accordingly. Hopefully some find this helpful.

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

I have lots of Sieg on Mistsu experience...

Mitsu seems like an easy matchup for me.

Main thing is reading the 2KB... every game that move seems to mysteriously get stronger and stronger.

I don't think 6K is that effective against Mitsu... Mitsu has a lot of TC and SSing moves...

Its a very linear high...

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

I agree with Mitsu's 2KB. The TC with that move hurts, especially with how easy it is to follow up after scoring those 2 hits. However, most players seem to use that move immediately after using BB, so knowing that may help. Then again, most players are online spammers. I'm looking in to Sieg's SBH auto-GI to see if maybe it can be handled that way...don't know, about to go to bed.

Mitsu's 66BB also has more range than it seems like it should. SC4 Mitsu seems like he's pretty good against side-steppers, but you should definitely try and side-step this whenever possible...at least the first hit anyway, then punish. If you end up blocking both hits, you'll end up crouched...I use WS AA mix-ups.

Against Relic stance, space appropriately and use 3A; it's not the fastest move but when it hits it's sure to knock Mitsu out of Relic and when spaced will thwart most of his offensive attempts.

Main thing I do is try and block Mitsu's flurry of up close attacks and use the + block frames to counter appropriately. Also, when I knock him down once I'm usually pretty good about staying on top of him. Having a good anti-oki game really shines here IMO. Abuse Sieg's range in this match-up...but I'd say that goes vs all close-range fighters. If Mitsu is trying to use fast advancing moves like kB, then use B6.

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

Heyo, a Mitsu player here to make a couple notes :) First is a nitpick: the two hits in Relic A are just A, there's no separate A :) If you're tackling scrubs online who actually use 66A+B (or 66BB in fact), go ahead and use WR AA as Kaotical said, 'cause most kids aren't going to recognize the mid/low mixup in the move. From there you can start playing mindgames with WR AA~G. Of course this might not be as useful against a real, decent player, but whatever it takes to knock spammers out is worth noting, especially when they're spamming my chara >:O

Both 2KB and 66BB are very linear, so if you can sidestep them do so. In fact, if the opp goes for 66BB you can step all the way around and get a free back throw. 2KB might be a little harder to punish sidestep unless you take them out with a CH, but 2KB is really unsafe as it is on block. Recognize the patterns on when it's used and you can punish the hell out of the him.

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

I see. I'll mention that I fought a very potent adversary the other day. It was a knowledgeable Mitsu player who used Siegfried as a secondary. In other words, he was able to read mixups pretty well, though he wasn't unbeatable, just difficult. 2KB was mixed in pretty well, but was an assured combo when done. Spammers are a bit easier to handle, of course, though this player had some skill.

Another note, SBH GI does not handle kicks/physical hits of any kind, only horizontal weapon attacks. So moves like Nightmare's 2A and Mitsu's 2K are out.

My 6K advice was only used as an example for stopping an up close barrage when you know Mitsu is staying in standing position. It's still dangerous to use, of course. Probably more appropriate would be like, 4K, as it TCs and hits mid.

I'll fix the AA relic mistake (sorry Syrpiektre). Keep it coming!

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

Ok first off Im pretty sure RL A is M,H...

6K - this move is awesome... its just got its uses and its times where its stupid to use it.

22k[A] and [A] are both good in close if you have the time to start them... [A] SSH K isnt frame trap anymore but anything that will beat it is open to B+K GI.... I might be wrong if mitsu has a tool I didnt test against but it seems to work like that across the boards

My main defense against Mitsu is spacing and keeping him outside of 2K range and trying to force his way in... This is where youll be able to score more unanswered hits and setups then anywhere else but its the same for him up close so it is a battle of spacing when I play it. Up close mitsu advantage at distance sig advantage

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

No prob, no need to apologize.

On the RLC A note, what move do you mean for RLC KB? That wouldn't be a NC, it'd just do RLC K, then a standing B unless K is held to go back into RLC stance. I think you mean MST KB, where it does a fast low kick with a secondary stab to the face. You might be confused because you go into MST if you hold RLC [A].

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

Hmm, you may be right. I remember a low kick high stab combo, but that may either be from another stance or a different move entirely.

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

Actually RLC A is s-mid, high.

edit: and also unsafe on block (~-16)

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

New strategy...

Stop Mitsu's 2KB...

Just came from a tournament, and B:L showed up...

I can't read 2KB on reaction anymore?!?!?

*Cries*

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

I still have yet to come up with a good counter for 2KB.....jump backwards? lol

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

Nothing helps against 2kB... the only thing I can say its try to read your enemy as long as you can... break every attack with stepping, guard and punishment... push the enemy more and more so he need to use this move a lot, and then you will be able to read it... break his mind before he break your health bar.

-Stryker-

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

for me 2KB is easier to read...well for me at least

oh yeah
use Aga a lot
this is a really2 a good move
much better than 6A :)

if you can do the JF then it's good
I still can't do it, damn it...
it's a 3 frame JF input :(

mistu strenght in SC4 most likely goes to his MIST and RELIC game
but sadly...his mist and relic game can be a double edged sword
if it whiffed or blocked you can punish them really2 hard :p

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

Mitsurugi is extremely difficult to fight mid-range so either close to point-blank or stay at the tip of your sword. A good Mitsurugi will be a constant parry-battle with you trying to initiate your juggle or stun and him trying to initiate his stun+low stun+stun+juggle combo. The issue that arises is that you either have to know where the break is in Mitsurugi's combo...or you have to get a Guard Impact on him. I'd stick to the Parries personally, Mitsurugi's moves have a pretty standard timing if he expects to get them in during his pseudo-combo so just use this against the Mitsurugi player and you should have a good chance of getting a large number of parry battles. I'd stick to a quick mid after the parry followed by a low throw, or B, Down+Hold A will combo into a frame advantage but since it doesn't do any damage it's not preferrable unless you're really getting a good juggle in off of that. Of course, against easy opponents combo Down-Forward+B, B.

Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

B:L showed up? How's he doing?

Alright. He complained about being overworked a bit. But seems fine.

His style hasn't changed at all... only no 88B VC crap... this has only forced him to depend more on 2KB... which I can't block the way I used to. I used to read that thing all day on reaction... I blame old age!

I've been having some difficulty in taking down Mitsu with Sig consistently. I've been playing SC4 for awhile now but just got my own copy so I could mess around in practice mode and was wondering if you guys could confirm a few conclusions I came to.

1) After Mitsu's 2KB is Sig's 1B guaranteed? It seems to be guaranteed at close range but I find it gets blocked at further ranges. If 1B is guaranteed is it the best option or should I be using something else? 3 seems to hit fairly consistently but for less damage than 1B. Also, if I block the sweep I think I could train myself to GI the following B but would that be worth it instead of punish damage?

2) When Mitsu uses 66BB I've found I can dodge the second B with 2_8B+K to Mitsu's right which seems to guarantee me a SCH B. Is this the optimal choice?

3) For the longest time I was stumped as to what to hit Mitsu with when he when into Relic (?) stance (the one where his sword is sheathed) because I feared Relic B. It sidesteps any verticals I used and it seemed like it TC'ed any horizontals I'd normally use to catch right steps. However, after going into practice mode it seems 6A consistently can hit Mitsu as he uses Relic B. Not sure what else to use when Mitsu goes into that stance, 3A gets stepped by Relic B. So my question would be is 6A the optimal move to counter Relic B and also what would you use to approach a Mitsu in Relic stance?

4) The Mitsu I play against sometimes spams 66K or 4K but after messing around in practice it seems that with a little timing I can reliably sneak a 6K into Mitsu's face, sometimes with CH. It seems safer to do this than to try to GI, but I'd like to ask if there are better options to stop the spam of those two moves?

Which brings me to my last question, how do I interpret frame advantage/disadvantage? I feel like I could answer stuff like question 4 myself if I knew this. The way I understand it to work is like so:

Mitsu 66K is an i15 move with -9 on block. So if I am reading this right, would that mean I would have 15+9 = 24 frames before he could hit me with 66K again so as long as I use a move faster than i24 it would beat his next 66K so he would have to block?

Thanks in advance for reading this far, this was a pretty long post. My questions aside, if anyone has general anti-mitsu tips for an aspiring Sig player I would appreciate it.

yay i'm first!

ok, this is how i interpret frame data:
Mitsu's 66K is i15, which means this move takes 15 frames to hit the opponent.
if it's -9 on block, this means that anything i9 or less is guaranteed to hit (can't block), or it takes mitsu an additional 9 frame recovery time to do anything. (block your retaliation)

so this means:
if you block Mitsu's 2KB, (which is i18)
Mitsu is at -20 frames, which means anything i20 or faster (say, Sieg 3B = i17) is guaranteed to hit Mitsu.

hope that helps.

Mitsu owns Siegy. Just ask kPc. And after a blocked 2kb Siegy gets to: watch a movie, eat dinner, take a nap and then anything else he wants to on Mitsu...

1. Yes.
2. If you choose to, but a blocked 66BB allows for a wsB~SCH B punish
3. Unless Mitsu does the Relic unblockable setups, just block his Relic B and punish with WS B or WS A or WS K.
4. If you block 66k and they try to attack again, a quick 6a or 3a will shut down another 66k / 4k.

Yes, you are reading it right.

Back