So... can I have tips on beating Nightmare?

Worst CE in the game confirmed

already answered that didn t we.

I will leave this here,
Canadian top 8 tournament (offline)
[/QUOTE]

Count how many rounds did the explosion win with sieg and night…
Do you think they are scrubs?

For what concerns CE i could link some more major tournaments (also keep that button pressed….).[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Just to not leave any loose ends: yes, they are scrubs. Period.

Any soul calibur player that is arround since SC4 never falls for that gimmick. And it is a gimmick, yes. That only scrubs fall for.

CANADA CUP TOOK PLACE ONE WEEK AFTER THE GAME'S RELEASE. CALLING PEOPLE SCRUBS BY FOCUSING ONLY ON HOW THEY HANDLED SPECIFIC SITUATIONS THAT EARLY IS IDIOTIC.

So i don't see many vids in wich OP aGI/armors are reliably evaded.
Yet you keep saying they are fair.
You say they were the same in SCV (wrong) yet "the tournament vid is too old".

The only thing in defence would be most characters have OP things that doesn t mean some OP stuff are too much when it comes to some matchups.

The worst offender being aGI (i already explained the double logic that applies to new aGI/armors, opposed to old ones that are still in the game) and SC status.
Most characters are OP during SC, with almost undodgeable strings neutral on hit or invisible lows and stuff like that,
When it comes to a character with infinite soulcharge it obviously creates unbalance.

At this point we have arrived to the point that tournament players are scrubs… while i say that they are avoidable ONLY if used by scrubs but hardly from players knowing game basics.
I really would like to see you in a tournament (not against beginners who uses them in a predictable way aka scrubs) evading them reliably…
It can be said that there is just one discriminant in a turtling match they work less but it doesn t happen often.

IT'S JUST STUPID TO CALL SOMEONE A SCRUB WITHOUT TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THEIR OVERALL ABILITIES AS A PLAYER. CITING SOMEONE'S IGNORANCE OF A GIVEN SITUATION AS PROOF OF AWFUL ABILITY IS BASICALLY SAYING THAT KNOWLEDGE = SKILL, WHICH IS ABSURD.

There's a button on top which says "Streams".
There's the no.1 nightmare ranked streamer that streams very often, plus other streamers.

NOBODY falls for CE or 6A+B gimmicks any more. They all adapted and are punishing and baiting and avoiding properly.
NOBODY wins in tournaments with Nightmare any more. Most switched to a better char.

The only person remaining that is still complaining is here, in this thread.

In the time this argument lasted, you would have had time to enter practice mode 50 times and learn it yourself.

The final conclusion, which everyone with decent soul calibur knowledge already understood and proved, is:

CE is decent, as far from OP as possible, not even up for discussion.
Ball is a gimmick as it always was, and it will remain a gimmick which all top players will avoid, punish and bait as they already had for years.
These things will NOT get nerfed because they are not even close to overpowered, so stop complaining and learn to counter them like everyone else already did.

@SwingShot YOU FORGOT TO CONVINCE ME THAT I'M A SCRUB. YOU LITERALLY MADE UP A RULE IN YOUR HEAD THAT GOOD PLAYERS COULD NEVER BE IGNORANT ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS AND WE SHOULD TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT SIMPLY BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE TO YOU.

Did you lose to NM ball and CE? Nope. Then you're not a scrub.
He asked if those who lost to those moves were, not everyone at the tournament haha.

And I only said that people who don't lab the moves and complain about them without realising how weak they are, are scrubs.

Obviously a player such as yourself would have lost first time vs Nightmare using those, but in 3 hours of training mode you would have known all the counters and never have problems with them again.
Not to mention you play Soph who is a very, very, veeeeery bad matchup for NM so I can't even imagine why you would complain about this character lol.

I can understand how this got lost in the endless rage posts of darkfender trying to delete those moves from the nightmare movelist.

P.s. nice Sophitia, I enjoyed your matches.

Back