So what was your first fighting game?

Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition. It was the only reason I had company over. -sigh- I could do Hadokens even then.

Ever Since Street Fighter 1... Sometimes my brother and I use to play the arcade version with the one Pressure Sensitive Buttons... One would hit that button as hard as possible while the other was controlling...
Thou the first game I seriously played was MK1 then moved on to part 2 and 3, Also KI and More. Then Finally Played Namco's Tekken 1 and nothing else mattered, use to travel a hour+ almost every weekend for players as no one was really good enuff locally.. Then Tekken 3: for me was the best ever game and never really moved to 4/5 like that one... Also I never got into the Soul Series until this one, only got a few months on this series and still learning everyday...

ZyX2323

Mine was Street Fighter II. I always used to hog my brother's Genesis and play it, even though I was/still am terrible at it.

One of those old ass karate games in the arcade for me. I think it was call Kung Fu. The first one I really got into was SFII, of course.

But does anyone remember the first SF with those huge pressure-sensitive buttons? You actually had to hit them harder for the stronger moves to come out. Crazy shit!

Street fighter 2 was my first acne scar back in the day when i lived int he philipines. i remember owning every kid on my street with chun li. Her down kick ( the one that makes her bounce of fools) and the wall jump was my staple moves

Street Fighter 2 with a bunch of friends and then next I played Killer Instinct with some friends for a while. Now I have a 360 and I own Mortal Kombat Armageddon, SCIV, and I am getting MKvsDCU on the 15-17th.

Xbox Live 360: Quest2be1
I work Monday-Friday 7am-5pm(c) so I basically only have time to play Friday-Sunday.

Double Dragon on NES.

Anybody remember that PvP minigame? Yeah, it was lame, but that's the earliest example I can think of.

Somehow, i knew most people that posted here would say there first fighting game was Street Fighter 2.

My first fighting game was actually Yie Ar Kung Fu for the Commodore 64. >________>

Either I'm old or just an old gamer.

Oh wow King Zeal !! I was just about to say SF 2 until your post reminded me.... Double Dragon on the NES was my first fighter... That versus mode.... I actually remember that xD.

First one I ever played was either Power Rangers or Clayfighter for Genesis
First one I ever got into was Bloody Roar 2
First one that actually got me into fighting games was SC2.

My first fighting game was actually Yie Ar Kung Fu for the Commodore 64. >________>

Either I'm old or just an old gamer.

I never played that game until way in the mid-90s, around the time X-Men Vs Street Fighter was just coming out. I remember playing it and thinking, "Wow . . . I wonder what it was like to think this was cutting edge shit."

Mortal Kombat I. My first fatality was me (Sub-Zero) fighting Raiden at the pit level. I button mashed during the "finish him" and Sub- Zero riped off Raiden's head. I danced around the room for five minutes and ran and told my dad.

Back