So why did you choose Nightmare as your MAIN?

LGInfinite

[09] Warrior
I used Sophie for SE and SC1... but then they cut her in the arcade version of SC2. I had dabbled a bit with NM in SC1 so I thought it would be cool to give him a try. Then came SC3 and they completely revamped but he was still fun and cool to use... so yeah... still using him in SC4. I wish they'd give him back his CH GS A 4KK GS KK RO combo of death...

LAU

[09] Warrior
I was really impressed with Srayer's NM back in SC1....

that's how i got interested in playing NM myself.

-LAU

Promiethius

[09] Warrior
I love Knights, and NM, is a knight, lol. Also, he is one of the most badass looking chars in SC4, next to Algol. Why i kept using him? Probably because im actually good with him...and a good NM isn't something that comes along often.

microgamer

[10] Knight
I wish they'd give him back his CH GS A 4KK GS KK RO combo of death...
You might already know this, but CH GS A > 6K > GS KK is a combo if the ring's edge keeps the opponent from sliding outside of GS KK range after 6K.

As for the topic, I can pretty much relate to everybody else's reasons; he's badass/manly/evil/metal/cesspool-o'-darkness/etc. I mean, he wields his zweihander with one hand most of the time, and he swings it fast enough to smack you in the face from round start in a quarter of a second.

SWBeta

[08] Mercenary
Siegfried main in SE & SC1, plus DTN's NM in sc2 made me swoon. In hindsight, I probably should've stuck with Sieg.

LGInfinite

[09] Warrior
You might already know this, but CH GS A > 6K > GS KK is a combo if the ring's edge keeps the opponent from sliding outside of GS KK range after 6K.

As for the topic, I can pretty much relate to everybody else's reasons; he's badass/manly/evil/metal/cesspool-o'-darkness/etc. I mean, he wields his zweihander with one hand most of the time, and he swings it fast enough to smack you in the face from round start in a quarter of a second.

Yeah, but that just doesn't have the distance that the old combo used to give... that and the opponent had a fair amount of time to contemplate how dead they were after the CH GS A hit back in SC3, which was probably the best part about it. It's kind of like how Hilde's doom combo gives people a lot of time to contemplate their impending doom before they actually die.

hteng

[09] Warrior
Yeah, but that just doesn't have the distance that the old combo used to give... that and the opponent had a fair amount of time to contemplate how dead they were after the CH GS A hit back in SC3, which was probably the best part about it. It's kind of like how Hilde's doom combo gives people a lot of time to contemplate their impending doom before they actually die.

In SC4, you get a much more awesome tech trap off that combo, and you ring out with a much manly move which is GS A+B

Engared

[10] Knight
Used him first in SC2, like 2 years ago. Not played a fighting game in 12 plus years (since street fighter 2) so i picked him when playing against my friend and proceeded to smash his face in. So then i when i picked up SC4 it was natural that i picked nightmare heh. Also i like heavy armor and big swords/axes; all my characters in any RPGs/MMOs always rocked two handed weapons and heavy plate mail so nightmare was a perfect fit.

eagles4life10

[09] Warrior
If only Nightmare can shoot fireballs out of his palms or soul edge or something.. that would be a nice long range move like Algol's bubbles.