So why did you choose Nightmare as your MAIN?

I used Sophie for SE and SC1... but then they cut her in the arcade version of SC2. I had dabbled a bit with NM in SC1 so I thought it would be cool to give him a try. Then came SC3 and they completely revamped but he was still fun and cool to use... so yeah... still using him in SC4. I wish they'd give him back his CH GS A 4KK GS KK RO combo of death...

I was really impressed with Srayer's NM back in SC1....

that's how i got interested in playing NM myself.

-LAU

I love Knights, and NM, is a knight, lol. Also, he is one of the most badass looking chars in SC4, next to Algol. Why i kept using him? Probably because im actually good with him...and a good NM isn't something that comes along often.

I wish they'd give him back his CH GS A 4KK GS KK RO combo of death...
You might already know this, but CH GS A > 6K > GS KK is a combo if the ring's edge keeps the opponent from sliding outside of GS KK range after 6K.

As for the topic, I can pretty much relate to everybody else's reasons; he's badass/manly/evil/metal/cesspool-o'-darkness/etc. I mean, he wields his zweihander with one hand most of the time, and he swings it fast enough to smack you in the face from round start in a quarter of a second.

Siegfried main in SE & SC1, plus DTN's NM in sc2 made me swoon. In hindsight, I probably should've stuck with Sieg.

You might already know this, but CH GS A > 6K > GS KK is a combo if the ring's edge keeps the opponent from sliding outside of GS KK range after 6K.

As for the topic, I can pretty much relate to everybody else's reasons; he's badass/manly/evil/metal/cesspool-o'-darkness/etc. I mean, he wields his zweihander with one hand most of the time, and he swings it fast enough to smack you in the face from round start in a quarter of a second.

Yeah, but that just doesn't have the distance that the old combo used to give... that and the opponent had a fair amount of time to contemplate how dead they were after the CH GS A hit back in SC3, which was probably the best part about it. It's kind of like how Hilde's doom combo gives people a lot of time to contemplate their impending doom before they actually die.

Yeah, but that just doesn't have the distance that the old combo used to give... that and the opponent had a fair amount of time to contemplate how dead they were after the CH GS A hit back in SC3, which was probably the best part about it. It's kind of like how Hilde's doom combo gives people a lot of time to contemplate their impending doom before they actually die.

In SC4, you get a much more awesome tech trap off that combo, and you ring out with a much manly move which is GS A+B

Used him first in SC2, like 2 years ago. Not played a fighting game in 12 plus years (since street fighter 2) so i picked him when playing against my friend and proceeded to smash his face in. So then i when i picked up SC4 it was natural that i picked nightmare heh. Also i like heavy armor and big swords/axes; all my characters in any RPGs/MMOs always rocked two handed weapons and heavy plate mail so nightmare was a perfect fit.

If only Nightmare can shoot fireballs out of his palms or soul edge or something.. that would be a nice long range move like Algol's bubbles.

Back