Sophie's Just Frames

schabit

[09] Warrior
I thought it would be nice to list all of her JF's for reference.

236:B
236:B :4
236B:4
236236B:4
4[A]AA:A
B2:B :B :B :236B

One thing I want to know is if anyone has gotten the JF on the last part of B2: B: B: B: 236B? So essentially that would be B2:B :B :B :236:B :4.

I thought I knew, but practice mode has proven me wrong. All I've got so far is that if all the low hit attacks are JFed it makes the opponent bounce on the floor on the last hit if they are lying down.

ah, so it bounces up so the 236B part of the string actually makes sense. (even though there are probably better followups for the little bounce)

I'd like to hear some verification on that actually. Even when I get the bounce I don't get the 236B to connect(maybe need to JF that too?). Also I can't seem get any other follow up to come out fast enough to hit even when they do bounce on account of B2BBB's slow recover.

Additionally whenever I hit the 236B at the end it causes stun like 236B does on CH when you're too far away to add 4 and as such haven't seen it yet (again maybe need to JF it too? or I just suck at timing?).

/edit/ I got the bounce to connect to the 236B on Sophitia herself, maybe it's character specific?

just to clear up alil

on the B2:B:b:B:236b

you have to input the 236b AHEAD of time...its not a separate deathfist... its actually part of that long move

as of yet i haven't actually whiffed (missed) the move yet... so all i can say is don't stay too close when trying this move...

just to clear up alil
on the B2:B:b:B:236b

you have to input the 236b AHEAD of time...its not a separate deathfist... its actually part of that long move
Of course. What I want to know is do you know if you can vary the timing? The problem I've been having is that they bounce over it. When I was trying it on astaroth he seemed to go over it alot while sophi usually didn't if she was laying head or feet towards me, but always when I started it on her from the sides. If the timing could be varied so it was a little sooner or later then I could still get it to hit, but everytime I do it it comes out at that same point when they are at the apex of the bounce.

is the timing on 236236AA, 236B:4 different than sophie's timing on other :4 moves? i can count with my fingers the times i've pulled off 236236AA 236B:4 ...

I think the issue isn't timing but the stun that 236236AA gives the enemy. If you've ever hit some one with 236B in the side you've probably noticed that the stun the enemy receives looks a little different and the 4 generally doesn't come out. When I do 236236AA 236B it almost always gives them that different looking stun which makes me believe that the 236236AA is turning them sideways slightly.

Well I have a question
Is there a certain way to make the 236B JF something you can do on command like the 236B : 4?
I have become very good at executing the second part of the 4 after the 236B but I just can't seem to figure out how exactly to make the actual 236B JF come out, anybody know the timing?

While I don't know for certain, I have noticed I can get it much more regularly by buffering it through something, like say guard.

yeah I kinda noticed that too I think it might be something to do with when the 6 and B meet up with each other, which would be kinda difficult to actually master...
I also noticed that I can pull it off more frequently when I input 41236B but that can be a lot of hassle =/

it's sort of like cass's just input for 236:

hit the B before the angel step animation goes off for the just frame so it's like hitting the 6 and the B almost simultaneously

Ah I see that is making it come out a lot more often. Thanks a lot I'm gonna keep working on doing that exactly when I need it.

236:B ("236B JF") is done easiest by inputting 236 as quickly as you can, hitting B almost during the 23. I'm pretty sure you're aiming for hitting the B when you hit 6. This is how I do it consistantly.

is the timing on 236236AA, 236B:4 different than sophie's timing on other :4 moves? i can count with my fingers the times i've pulled off 236236AA 236B:4 ...

I've noticed that the 4 comes out more often when you've pushed your opponent into a wall with the 236236AA (without wall splatting).

I've got a question, does anyone know what 236:B gets you? I've recorded the same frames till impact, damage, stun, disadvantage on guard, damage from 4 and :4 afterward. What am I missing?

/edit/ I forgot, it also breaks guage at the same rate

236:B doesnt do ANYTHING...its just telling you that you have done it exactly on the 6 so most likely you any of the dash is shown...less dash = less frames

Damn, nothing got changed about that move in the patch? They made a pretty important change to Cass 236: in 1.03.

Back