Sophitia General Discussion / Q&A

Question, it seems like this has been coming out alot for me. It's an "unblockable," but i dont see how you could block it anyway... the flame on my sword is the clue though. I can't remember the input because it surprises me everytime. It's either coming out of 236B:4 or 236236B:4. She stabs, then the follow-up "pull out" (4) is Unblockable or flaming. How am i doing this?

You are hitting the JF version of 236B4 or 236236B4. The JF of 236B4 does more damage while the JF of 236236B4 does a lot more damage plus it can ring out to the front.

So... i thought you had to JF it just to do the normal "pull out." What does the notation look like then? If 236B:4 is the normal pull out, then is 236: B:4 the unblockable? Or does the 236B4 normal move not have to be Just-ed

the way i imagine it is youve got 3-4 frames of animation to press the 4, and in the middle of those 3-4 frames is one frame where youll get the JF

236B4 and 236236B4 are the normal additional hits. Its a smallish window, but calling it a JF would be too much. It's the same follow-up attack for both AS B and TAS B whereas the JFs are different.

TAS aa AS b back(JUST)

Depends on the character and what position they are. Most characters turn too far to the side after being hit with TAS AA for 4 or :4 to work after AS B, but the situation changes if you get them at an angle. For some you need to get them from the back or hit them during a tech where they are essentially BT. Whenever you line it up right(so that sophie's sword ends the animation in their gut) then you can get both.

Im playing Sophitia Serious now, but Asta rapes me. he just pokes me from afar. How would i get in close without being predictable?

Also should Shophitia be used to punish or should i try a rushdown play style?

Suirad and ramon can answer better, but here are my 2 cents

well it depends the kind of poke he uses... sophie can step (like any other char or with 22_88A) or even go below some moves with AS or TAS...

also, TAS B (236236 B) can cover a large area so you can try to punish any whiffed pokes.

about the playstyle: she is played better defensive... but you should also train an aggressive style if the enemy gets defensive.

I'm not 100% on sophie being an enitrely defensive character, but from my experience thats what vs Asta is about. Astas outside pokes are little threat to you if you're blocking a lot (and can do standard things like block 1A on reaction). Trying to rush him down can be a problem because sophie's mix-ups arent amazing and much of her moves for pushing pressure don't operate as they normally do (asta A+G beats sophie B+K for example) where as giving Asta advantage often is a dangerous long term strategy. Asta's pokes do have more range, but each has their own issues (some high, some dont track step, some not terribly safe) and if you can force a wide whiff you can hurt him for it. This doesnt mean spam TAS B all day, use it judiciously! You do need to beat his poke game if hes using it though, because as I said rushing him down is likely a bad idea. If you can convince him to come in on you then you need to push him away a lot. Stuff like B/BB, WS K can work as an example along with liberal application of backstep in conjunction with guard. Try to guess some run in's and attack them too he's got bullrush but he can't use it everytime. You have to play this fight pretty actively, but I dont think it's that bad.

I noticed that against Asta's that like 6K a lot after blocking, her A+B auto GI works wonders. It may do very little damage but it does lead to some mind games and a bit of a soul crush game with 4B+K. Just try not to overuse A+B too much or they might catch on.

yeah I'd rather guess a block and get mixed-up than eat some 80+ damage GI bait punisher. Although if you were guessing A+B specifically for 6K then you could get decent damage by doing the guaranteed 236B after the auto GI's counter attack...

General advice on speeding my Twin Angel Step up?

I'm just curious if you better Sophie players have a special way of doing it? I just slide my thumb up on the side of D-pad, which works, but it's difficult to get the maximum speed. Is it just about building up your endurance, or do you guys actually do it differently?

Edit: Sorry, meant Twin Angel Step.

General advice on speeding my Angel Step up?

i use the analog stick and find it easy to do. i tried and tried with the dpad but no luck on a regular basis. i would suggest trying to use the stick as its alot easier to do many other moves as well. takes some time to get the hang of it but once you get the hang of using it you won't go back to dpad.

General advice on speeding my Angel Step up?

well i use the D-Pad and nothing else! just keep practicing it till its 2nd nature to you! or something close to what i do in my vids :) (shameless Promotion)

Back