Sophitia General Discussion / Q&A

General advice on speeding my Angel Step up?

Or you can play the more fun and awesome sister ^_^.

I can't get into Cassandra. Sure, the low throws and stuns are fun, but it's just not my thing.

Anyway, I tried the Joystick a little. It's...different. A lot easier to do Side Angel Step with, but I noticed it's harder to get 236:4/236236:4 on due to my inaccuracy. I also found it's easier for me to do it faster on the P2 side. I guess I'll just keep practicing.

I also found it's easier for me to do it faster on the P2 side. I guess I'll just keep practicing.

man, I had it too when I started playing... You'll just need to keep practicing (I went to training mode for a couple of hours till I got used to it... but don't worry I'm really bad with this things, I'm a month trying to learn Ivy combos...).

The only advice I can give is that the second 236 can be a lot faster than the first (If you play SF and the 236236 goes as a shoryuken you are in the right pace =-P).

this advice only counts on d-pad... I have a limited experience playing on stick.

well i just did her move list every day untill i could do every move when i needed to.
i would suggest that.

How do you guys fell about 4K? i think its a decent move and on Counter hit you can do 236b.

I use it after a 6k or a 4b to bait the punish. i do other things too but i cant remember them right now

How do you guys fell about 4K? i think its a decent move and on Counter hit you can do 236b.

I use it after a 6k or a 4b to bait the punish. i do other things too but i cant remember them right now

I don't really like 4K. aGI doesn't offer anything, low damaging, slow, and unsafe.

Basically. It doesn't TC long enough to be really worthwhile either, the range is also unimpressive. Basically anything you try to use it for, sophie likely has a better option already.

The only time is that move is during amy's move where she hits and twirls down for a low, it used to be punished in SC3 i think but now not and a lot of amy players love to spam that move so i think that is the only time i would use it in a match. However, the follow-ups are quite bad even when stunned i do not think the follow-ups are guaranteed, maybe go for a grab?

It's true it does win out there, but so would jump attack like 9B/9K and those provide more results (unless you JI). As for the stun, several things are guaranteed if you can get it and they include AS B(Sometimes TAS B) and 44K. Also they fall to the floor so you cant grab.

what you guys do after TAS aa? i do 44B+K most of the time.

Also is there any purpose for Sophitia's 2hold A=G throw? are there any follow-ups besides 1b?

After TASAA I usually do 11B+K. I do A+G2 when I feel like some minor oki games (only 1B is 100% tho). Even then, I usually just go for 66A+G.

what you guys do after TAS aa? i do 44B+K most of the time.

Also is there any purpose for Sophitia's 2hold A=G throw? are there any follow-ups besides 1b?

After TAS AA, you can get AS B:4 if you're quick enough. As far as I know, 1B is Sophie's best follow-up to A+G [2] throw...not a bad option considering most of her throws are low damaging anyway.

I would like to clarify something, does 44B+K still comes out as it is in SC3 in SC4? Cause i tried to do 44B+K but it comes out as B+K instead or am i doing it wrongly? 11_77B+K if not buffered correctly would come out as B+K also so i prefer 44B+K but it would sometimes miss smaller characters like talim and amy as follow-ups. Did they change the buffering for this move in SC4?

After TAS AA, you can get AS B:4 if you're quick enough.

You only get the 4 against certain characters like Seigfried, or if you hit your opponent at an auspicious angle (Such as that provided by tech trapping after 1A/CH 1K).

Did they change the buffering for this move in SC4?

I'm pretty sure the buffering system in general is different. It is possibly to get 44_11_77B+K out after TAS AA and not have it get read as B+K, if thats what you're asking.

YOu only get the 4 against certain characters like Seigfried, or if you hit your opponent at an auspicious angle (Such as that provided by tech trapping after 1A/CH 1K).

ah OK, I thought my timing was off when I wasn't able to get the 4 consistently on some characters. Good to know.

ah OK, I thought my timing was off when I wasn't able to get the 4 consistently on some characters. Good to know.

Imo the best way is practicing. On d- pad is 236236 really easy, but for 2362362/2362368 could be more difficult .
Btw, the angel side step from Cassandra is imo more difficult cause u should give the input more exactly.

I usually go to neutral before inputting the 2 or the 8 for the side steps. As for the 236236 motions, just practice. Years of Street Fighter has helped me pulled those motions off with no problem. If only the PS3 controllers had better D-pads, I could do the motions even easier and not kill my thumb doing so.

I feel that investing in a stick would be better as I think that firstly, buffering it would be easier and getting 236236B follow-ups after 66K, 44B or 3B would be easier. Breaking grabs would also be easier and buffering moves too as compared to the pad. Sticks are also used universally so if you are taking part in tournaments or even casuals I think sticks could maximize your gameplay. And lastly, blisters on thumbs!!!

umm i do TAS by doing 236 on the analog stick then on the d-pad lol i know that too much.

Back