Soul Calibur 5 Create a Soul Speculation

Which Create a Soul was the best in your opinion?

• Total voters
Oh I'm not giving up hope just yet...just surprised you don't start with at least the 2p items unlocked. If he has completed story mode (to unlock the bottom row) and that is all he has unlocked then that leaves quick battle and arcade for the rest. So here's hoping...

I'd rather see more new items to choose from than have them overload Character Creation with the same old gear I probably wouldn't have used anyway.
I want lots of new gear too, of course. I just think many of the 2P pieces from SC4 were pretty cool looking, and it would be a shame to not include them. I'm also a big CAS whore though, so it would nearly impossible to add enough items for me to think it's too many :p

Oh I'm not giving up hope just yet...just surprised you don't start with at least the 2p items unlocked. If he has completed story mode (to unlock the bottom row) and that is all he has unlocked then that leaves quick battle and arcade for the rest. So here's hoping...

Given Quick Battle is as close to a CAS mode as there is in 5 (you mostly fight them, plus some Ezios), I'd say most CAS unlockables would be through that.

Ok, now that I have finally used SCIII CaS I have the right to ask:

What do you people find so good about it?

It was new to the serie, and the fact that it was used in Chronicles of the Sword, allowing you to play with you're own fighter within a story was great !

I like the use of the CaS characters than the creation mode itself (Chronicles of the Sword is the best example). Plus, the light/dark/good/evil gave the characters much more personality. All it needed was face and body sliders, voice pitch adjustment, and the equipment and pattern features and CaS would have been so much better.

I've asked that question everywhere in the internet. Most responses were either CoTS (which isn't really the CaS mode itself), or just nostalgic people. They're not really being objective. I think the reason why people think III's and Broken Destiny's CaS is better is because they can't see other people's ugly creations online.

I've asked that question everywhere in the internet. Most responses were either CoTS (which isn't really the CaS mode itself), or just nostalgic people. They're not really being objective. I think the reason why people think III's and Broken Destiny's CaS is better is because they can't see other people's ugly creations online.
It may not be a CaS mode, but it is pitting your CaS character into this world where they serve importance alongside other characters, instead of being put in the background with not much to say, like they are in IV.

I can't say much about SCV, but fighting creations in Quick Match is a good feature. Certainly not the best, but it sure beats IV.

Plus IV's stats feature caused limitations and lacked freedom to create whatever you wanted, especially if you wanted to create a full health character, but in order to do so, you would have to create one big clusterfuck.

Nope.
For starters, SCIII CaS mode was the first entry in the series and It contained many elements that are missing from BD and SCIV. Such as the alignments gauge, Layers, CaS specific styles which was huge, and an overall better selection of items/hair. CoTS was just icing on the cake TBH. BD was better than SCIV though.

Plus IV's stats feature caused limitations and lacked freedom to create whatever you wanted, especially if you wanted to create a full health character which turned out to be one big clusterfuck.

Yeah, it's basically the stats that lower my interest for CaS in VI...

I honestly don't find anything to like in CaS specific styles. They had crappy animations, had very few good moves, and were overall boring to play with.

I honestly don't find anything to like in CaS specific styles. They had crappy animations, had very few good moves, and were overall boring to play with.

Uhm....that is like totally....an opinion or something.
lol

A lot of people had fun with the CaS specific styles and made your custom characters feel more unique rather than just giving them a playable characters style.

Back