Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

Wow, your list is way off, where are the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles? And don't Transformers at least get an honourable mention?

Seriously though, what about the general gameplay of AC makes anyone think the assassins of that game would take part in open combat in the style of these games? 47 for SC5! Now there's a choice...

Lightning without a doubt.

13-2 should be coming out around the same time and the japanese popularity as mentioned is a plus.

Also, seems like she would fit the universe. Plus, she wouldn't need to be console exclusive since 13 came out on both systems making her tourney viable.

oh ya, she is hot as hell too.

Lightning and that other dude in the FF13-2 teaser will be console exclusive guest characters. Then they'll release them for DLC.

Just remember who called Lightning being the GC. Oh yeah, that would be me.
Lightning is not hot. She's just a soulless robot.
The only chick in FF13 I would bang, Would be the dark skinned raven known as Fang.
Ok enough rhyming. Because it's text, you can't hear my flow or perfect timing.

Ugh that was weak...

Who is that?
http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/poll...-em-to-be-the-guests-in-scv.7166/#post-233639
1237778-berserkwallpaper057sq9_super.jpg
Grunbeld_transformed.jpg

berserk_v20_125.jpg

berserk-v09c05p105copy.jpg

berserk_277.jpg

berserk1.jpg

berserk-wallpapers-027.jpg

321px-Berserkergattsu.jpg
berserkerarmor.jpg

img_show.aspx

Long story short he's Guts. Hero of the epic manga Berserk. 2012 is going to see the launch of a new anime. (There was one before that told the first few chapters of the story)
New Hotness:

Old intro:

It's a simple "no" from me. I think it's pointless to add a character who can only be in one game (or even worse, in only one version of the game) and who also looks very out of place.

I'm surprised the majority of the votes so far do want a guest character. I thought most SC fans didn't like the idea of guest characters.

He stole Requiem from Siegfried. What a little bitch thief.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_(manga)
Guts has been sporting that sword since 1988. If anything Requiem is an homage to Dragon Slayer.

Guts still looks like a pussy even if he came before Sieg.
You have no sense of taste. Your rap is bad and let's face it Lightning is hotter than Fang. You're also rocking a V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes avatar. Way to go. You're as cool as all those kids who shop at hot topic.

In short you're entitled to your opinions. But I disagree universally. But I don't hold it against you son, you don't know that man. You ig'nant. That ain't no sin.

Sectus, most of us don't want guess characters but since Namco already confirmed that there will in the game we might as well guess who's it going to be.

Ghengis_John, you can diss my taste, diss my raps, diss my choice in shapely polygons, but you never diss Guy Fawkes- ever. That's just bad karma. Besides no kids shop at Hot Topic, it's the kids' moms that shop there, and 1 out 6 of them arn't bad looking.

Ghengis_John, you can diss my taste, diss my raps, diss my choice in shapely polygons, but you never diss Guy Fawkes- ever. That's just bad karma. Besides no kids shop at Hot Topic, it's the kids' moms that shop there, and 1 out 6 of them arn't bad looking.

Hmm there is much truth in this.

Glad we have come to an understanding. Let's be honest with each other, Guts or any other anime will never be in SCV. The only anime that has a chance is Naruto because namco makes those games. Also being honest, my raps are the shit.

They hold the license to DBZ as well btw, it's just that they have Spike develop the (frankly terrible) games for them. Anyways, let's stop presenting our subjective opinions as fact and discuss some guest characters, shall we?

Considering Namco's current relationship with Capcom, I'd say that a character from one of their franchises has a decent chance of happening, I guess?

Kratos was already a guest character in SC:BD and I think MK has rights atm. DBZ characters don't use weapons for the most part so I don't see them as big as a probability as Naruto. Also, my rapping being the shit is not opinion it is a stone fact good sir.

As much as I hate anime, and as much as I despise the notion of guest characters altogether, Lightning does look like she'd fit in the game stylewise.

TBH though, if we MUST have a guest character, I'd rather a none-of-the-above option, and instead of someone from another video game, how about someone from the historical period that the game takes place in? I'm not so hot on my history, but I know there were some badass warlords and pirates and stuff running around raping and pillaging at this time.

I wouldn't even be opposed to taking a few liberties with who was or was not alive in this particular year and include some people like Ghengis Khan, or Julius Caesar, or someone lesser-known like Vercingetorix. (And if it MUST be from a video game, how about some people from Dynasty Warriors?)

That would be heaps better than some shoehorned-in cash grab to fans of some other game or movie which is completely unrelated to SC (Star Wars I'm f***ing looking at you).

Of course, that won't sell games to FF fanboys, so I have about as much chance of this happening as seeing Lady in Purple show up in Mortal Kombat.

TBH though, if we MUST have a guest character, I'd rather a none-of-the-above option, and instead of someone from another video game, how about someone from the historical period that the game takes place in? I'm not so hot on my history, but I know there were some badass warlords and pirates and stuff running around raping and pillaging at this time.

I like your idea, maybe they should make guests from historical "movies" which known by most of the people aroun the world.

I like your idea, maybe they should make guests from historical "movies" which known by most of the people aroun the world.
Spartacus? Ben Hur? Leonidas? Those would be good. Sorry, but I can't get behind a Pirate's of the Caribbean guest char. But Edward Teach would be GREAT!

Back