Soul Calibur 5 Music Discussion

Which SC had the best music in your opinion?

• Total voters

DevilsDisguise

[13] Hero
I think this sounds very Soul calibur-ish or something above it. It would be nice to hear emotion if it had music like this. I mean upgrade the orchestra to a movie level. Imagine how epic it would be to get that feeling.

I always loved this games soundtrack, and I think this is very SC, pretty epic anyway.

Same track here, with a short video I threw together. Helps illustrate exactly how epic this track is, for those who lack imagination and/or patience.

Or just if you'd like to see a bit of 300

How to spot an Internet noob:
Do they use the word epic XD
Anyways, my critique:
Typical Evil: They both sound more like boss fights in an FF game to me than anything to put in a SC soundtrack.
Jrasta111: Too samey, I think it was one beat throughout? Personal preference, but I think I'd sooner tear my ears out =P

If were talking about game music we like however, give 'lust sin' from Blazblue Continuum Shift a listen, it's very un-Soul Caliburish but I think it sounds pretty good.

Anyways, my critique:
Typical Evil: They both sound more like boss fights in an FF game to me than anything to put in a SC soundtrack.
Jrasta111: Too samey, I think it was one beat throughout? Personal preference, but I think I'd sooner tear my ears out =P

If were talking about game music we like however, give 'lust sin' from Blazblue Continuum Shift a listen, it's very un-Soul Caliburish but I think it sounds pretty good.

I personally think the top one sounds more like a theme that could fit SC3's church where Abyss is fought.

Anyways, my critique:

Yea, Soulcalibur needs music like Blazblue, scores that will actually stick, and that you would enjoy listening too besides while playing the game.

Soul Edge and Soulcalibur still share the spot for having my favorite music from the series. So anything closer to that would be on point, in my opinion.

I think it´s save to say that SCIV´s OST is the worst. Not bad by itself, but compared to all 3 OST´s that were in prior SC-games. They should focus more on the older songs when making new ones for SCV.

Junichi Nakatsuru is the man! And everyone else who also contributed but he's been the main guy behind the music for the entire series. And you have to give credit to Eminence Symphony Orchestra who have really brought the music to life in recent series of the game. Listening to the all the soundtracks, I have to say I enjoy every piece, every note and paint pictures of Soul Calibur in my head not seen or experienced in the game. It's a shame so much goes almost unnoticed while playing.... But I'll sit in my chair, alone, put on my good ol pair of Sony V6 studio monitor cups and just fade away from the world into a realm, vivid and alive, where every brushstroke comes from a palette of blades, babes, swords, and shields.

Back