Soul Calibur 5 World Tourney results

Yuo know what's funny? I was in a French chat right after Omega beat Akire to win this tournament. I was talking some shit and etc. but i also said come to EVO and shit. A lot of the French said EVO is unimportant doesn't matter. they told me to come to France. Pretty weird, if ya ask me. Who would say that?

Need I say more?
:D Trolololo

But yes Americans are the most nationalist people on the planet period. It's unfathomable to see why really. It's the only SC community that is unsportsmanlike... mostly. And I say that by listening to most of the commentators in all the tourneys. Back stabbing, shit talking, expressing derogatory opinions etc.

Also I just finished watching all the stream, I don't think I've been enthralled that much by watching the final fights... ever! It's bloody marvelous that SC is getting the attention is deserves.

You know what's funny? I was in a French chat right after Omega beat Akire to win this tournament. I was talking some shit and etc. but i also said come to EVO and shit. A lot of the French said EVO is unimportant doesn't matter. they told me to come to France. Pretty weird, if ya ask me. Who would say that?

Why wouldn't the French tell you to go there and win? They won EVO last year and just took 2, 3, at the world championships. Hopefully they are able to ship some people here to EVO and hopefully we can ship some people out there to the next WGC (or whatever their next hosted "World" event may be), the USA v France thing is always fun times.

This is all an experiment for project soul to fine tune their data to incorporate the strengths and weaknesses of a certain player when they implement zasalamel into SC5. its a conspiracy!

Why wouldn't the French tell you to go there and win? They won EVO last year and just took 2, 3, at the world championships. Hopefully they are able to ship some people here to EVO and hopefully we can ship some people out there to the next WGC (or whatever their next hosted "World" event may be), the USA v France thing is always fun times.
Wait...let me rephrase it. they me to come to France and just that. They said EVO was unimportant DIDN'T matter. I found that weird.

TadeMasu: SC community still has a long way to go if you ask me. Well this just the US, since I don't know how the other countries get down with the game.

That was an excellent show from everyone. Only thing I was disappointed by while watching it was the Americans shouting "USA" every god damn 30 seconds. I mean sure every other country know they are condescending pricks, but they just verified it even more :). Extremely enjoyable to watch though.

nationalism is an excellent way to troll, and trolling is not exclusive to any nationality, race, or creed, try not to fall for the bait young grasshoppa

I'm trying to bait, but the night is still young!

And I completely agree Yoshi. Scamco organised an event for SCV, so there is obvious interest in it for the company as well, perhaps more marketing or a future SCIX. Although one thing I don't get, apparently the sales were worse than SCIV... yet look at the community. It hasn't been this active since SCII (wouldn't know, just hear a lot about the old days). So this has a lot of potential to go really far and I highly doubt it's going to calm down any time soon.

On a side note, I'll be attending EVO, so when I rape all the Americans I will be shouting: UK UK UK UK. Or the occasional bellend which no one knows the meaning... and if you do... props.

The only negative thing i have to say about this event was FilthieRich's garbage commentary, it sucked in Tekken, and it still sucks in Soul Calibur. Its just screaming and repeating the name of the event or telling people to get hype. Typical FilthieRich commentary is about stating the obvious and creating fake hype. Markman's commentary is actually good and fun to listen to.

Well at least you will not fall sleep with his commentary like some other streams in which literally the commentary is so boring that you have to stop watching or you'll have to go to bed.

Hope you guys enjoyed. Just as a note, the commentary mics were used as mics for a live event and were heard by the crowd. This changes the commentary style remarkably so we had to find a balance that catered towards the live audience as well as the stream (usually it's just for the stream). Sorry if you did not enjoy.

Zou- In the vids the JP playa's name should be SHK.

Grey.Wolf- Many links to JP comp vids and their streams in my thread.
Here they stream (mostly online) SCV, includin casuals and comps (click the colored boxes/channels at the bottom of the screen):
http://livetv.no-ip.org/ch/1

Thanks for those who were supporting me, it was my turn to win thats how i see it, im a fucking lucky player, congrats to all the placers in the tournament, and thanks to namco for making this happen, it was anybodys tournament, o and for those saying that the commentary was bad, i rather have a hype commentator than someone talking about frames and shit, BORINGGGGGGGG.

Also, everyone thinking we're just Tekken players and don't know shit about SCV. This couldn't be further from the truth. I love SCV and am trying to support it in a big way.
Hey man thanks for the support, ill be playing tekken tag 2 also, so will meet there, if you have a way of contacting Rich, tell him to please send me his paypal address, thanks.

Also, everyone thinking we're just Tekken players and don't know shit about SCV. This couldn't be further from the truth. I love SCV and am trying to support it in a big way.

sorry that i made assumptions, but honestly the commentary sounded like it was coming from novices to the series, it just seemed like a slightly more in depth discussion could have been had, i agree that frame data is boring, and that hype is not, but i also dont believe in extremes, this is not a choice we have to make, we can find a middle ground i am sure, where people can get hyped up AND hear some thoughtful commentary every now and then on what is going on in the game

having the commentary done before a live audience is also not an excuse, a live audience would be just as much interested in content and hype as the streamers would be, if you really wanted to, you could have just had rich hyping up the audience the entire time and not commentating, i honestly hate to say it, but there is something that the FCG commentators could learn from the esports / star craft community, because if there is one thing they do right, its discussing strategy over the commentary

conversely, to give the commentators credit, having gone to IPL over the weekend, i can say the IPL commentary and crowd was really boring, and i felt i could have watched it from home with no real regrets, however the world finals commentary definitely made me regret not being there for that energy, it was more exciting sitting at my cube at work than sitting in the crowd at IPL so kudos in that regard

but you know this is my personal two cents, and my opinion is only worth so much given i have no commentating experience, but i feel that many would agree, and that i speak for more than just myself, i just hope we can achieve some kind of balance

i honestly feel to date the best commentary for sc that i have heard was coming from aris at NCR, not perfect, but striking a closer to balance to what i at least am looking for, with a little game discussion, some hype, and a loads of humor

Aris is by far the most disrespectful commentator ever, dont talk to me about Aris, guy that made a bad comment about my country without even knowing me on evo 2009, je.

dont really wanna involve parties that are not present, but i honestly feel that our community is so small, that if drama happens, especially in the past, we should let it go eventually, grudges dont help our community grow, people make offensive remarks in the FGC all the time, sometimes people get butt hurt with all the shit talking, but i honestly feel like we shouldnt hold grudges, were all just trying to get better at this game, lets at least embrace our common ground, ultimately FGC stands for fighting game COMMUNITY

the two winners couldn't/didn't go but I'm glad Japanese are finally gettin to international comps.

This is a shame. I was looking forward to seeing Plasma in an international comp. I think he's a good representation of the highest tier players over there. While the guys repping Japan so far have been 'good', it just urks me that there's better players who can't/dont want to make it out. Unfortunately, to play the best in Japan, you still have to go there. Oh well, at least some Japanese players are participating. Does Kilomili still play?

Yea man just as he sexually arrased a poor girl, lol, yea lets just let everything go, cause its normal, this is about respect not about drama, we had drama in the tournament, but the respect was there, so drama is always welcome if you maintain respect.

what can i say to that? i am only speaking as far as commentating is concerned, not speaking for anyones faults, i enjoy the commentary as do others im sure, i hope you can put aside any past grievances and just assess the commentary for what it is, i feel that holding a grudge is like holding on to a burning coal expecting the other person to get burned, its best to let go, i am sure there was no malice or disrespect intended

what can i say to that? i am only speaking as far as commentating is concerned, not speaking for anyones faults, i enjoy the commentary as do others im sure, i hope you can put aside any past grievances and just assess the commentary for what it is, i feel that holding a grudge is like holding on to a burning coal expecting the other person to get burned, its best to let go, i am sure there was no malice or disrespect intended
Cool, look, what i need is zas man, the black bitch back bajajajajjajjaja.

Back