Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the fact that game is unfinished and that there is unused unfinished Zasalamel model within game files I must assume that all those theories, excuse me, are bullshit. Developers just didn't have enough time to finish Nightmare model and used Raph model as a base to create Night in time. Boring, simple, but a lot more realistic.
I never heard anything about a Zasalamel model in the files, but there is no reason to assume they'd use another main character's model besides story implications. They could have used just a generic one. With Raphael, on the other hand, he not only shares his model with custom Nightmare, but also shares his voice with Graf Dumas and Nightmare, things he wouldn't if there weren't story implications, they did hide Yoshimitsu's face and made adaptations to Nightmare's demonic arm, as such, its not like laziness would lead to something as copying a main character model.

In related news, Taki wins the Legendary Souls Showdown.

14045556_1164839370226060_4560617874231037661_n.jpg

I never heard anything about a Zasalamel model in the files, but there is no reason to assume they'd use another main character's model besides story implications. They could have used just a generic one. With Raphael, on the other hand, he not only shares his model with custom Nightmare, but also shares his voice with Graf Dumas and Nightmare, things he wouldn't if there weren't story implications, they did hide Yoshimitsu's face and made adaptations to Nightmare's demonic arm, as such, its not like laziness would lead to something as copying a main character model.
It's a lot easier to just take Raph and slap on him Night's armor and arm, than making character from scratch. It's not laziness it's insane time restrictions that Namco forced on PS, they didn't have much of a choice.
Those story implications are quite interesting, I'm not denying that, I just don't think we should really take them seriously.

well they didnt have to make one from scratch since Cas exists. Just use your average male model and put a new face on it done

They could just adjust the hitboxes, and I don't see what kind of bug could exist in a CaS model that wouldn't exist in a regular model.

They could just adjust the hitboxes, and I don't see what kind of bug could exist in a CaS model that wouldn't exist in a regular model.
To properly adjust hitboxes they need to properly test them. But CaS is an extra content it's influence on tournament balance is unimportant, so they are often subject of bugs and uncomfortable "differences" that are, in most cases, not found out before release. It's just as much extra work as creating char from zero, ok' not as much, but still a lot more time/money/work-consuming than just reusing what is already done. Deadline is deadline, so they were doing what they could in the situation Bamco got them in.

CaS does adjust the hurtboxes which is why it causes the bad hit detection that it does. It also changes the balance if we pretended that the hit detection was the same as normal characters. Taller characters = more range with less damage, small characters = less range with more damage. Plus you'd have to regulate what the characters can look like which is unnecessary extra work for someone who organizes tournaments. It's really nothing that should go beyond a casual setting.

Edit: Barely read the posts but I figured I'd say why CaS doesn't belong in a competitive setting when normal characters exist.

CaS does adjust the hurtboxes which is why it causes the bad hit detection that it does. It also changes the balance if we pretended that the hit detection was the same as normal characters. Taller characters = more range with less damage, small characters = less range with more damage. Plus you'd have to regulate what the characters can look like which is unnecessary extra work for someone who organizes tournaments. It's really nothing that should go beyond a casual setting.

Edit: Barely read the posts but I figured I'd say why CaS doesn't belong in a competitive setting when normal characters exist.
Read the posts, then, because what you said have little context.

Oh, you guys are wondering why they don't use CaS to make models? Because they're uglier than the regular ones and CaS in itself are presets to universally fit all of the fighting styles.
No, we are saying that there is a good reason why they used specifically Raphael's model to make Nightmare, and not just copied a random CaS model to put in it. And before you say that CaS models had problems with hitboxes, and blah blah blah, they adjusted somethings in Nightmare's model (like his arm, eyes and mask), so adjusting hitboxes wouldn't be a problem.

Another thing I wanted to ask, what do you guys think about the NPCs from SCIV? You know, those that appeared a hell lot in Story Mode? Is any of them worth adding as their own character?

Considering the fact that game is unfinished and that there is unused unfinished Zasalamel model within game files I must assume that all those theories, excuse me, are bullshit. Developers just didn't have enough time to finish Nightmare model and used Raph model as a base to create Night in time. Boring, simple, but a lot more realistic.
Why choose Raphael over a random CaS face? Or at least change his face a bit (and also another haircut)...

Also, why would Nightmare's new voice actor be the same as Raphael's? And why would they say during interviews that Nightmare's bat theme has a reason? Too many coincidences just to be a rushed character using a random mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back