Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed. the 20th anniversary celebration for soul calibur was about as meaningful as a modern day anniversary celebration for megaman.

in other words, nothing to even take note of. no wait, even less noteworthy. at least at megaman anniversary celebrations, capcom at least re-releases some of the old games on modern consoles.

HA! Doesn't it just feel great to be yourself?

meh. rather not have a reason to be bitter.

indeed. the 20th anniversary celebration for soul calibur was about as meaningful as a modern day anniversary celebration for megaman.

in other words, nothing to even take note of. no wait, even less noteworthy. at least at megaman anniversary celebrations, capcom at least re-releases some of the old games on modern consoles.

meh. rather not have a reason to be bitter.
I had cried in happiness if they would have done a remastered "BEST OF" SC-edition... No matter how lame it might have been. I "hate" DOA5 and I might never get into Tekken no matter how good T7 might be... And VF is "dead"... So WHAT in the world can an avid 3d fighting game Fan like me do....

I had cried in happiness if they would have done a remastered "BEST OF" SC-edition... No matter how lame it might have been. I "hate" DOA5 and I might never get into Tekken no matter how good T7 might be... And VF is "dead"... So WHAT in the world can an avid 3d fighting game Fan like me do....
easy. PLAY DOA5. seriously, it's like virtua fighter on steroids. as a plus, jacky, sarah, pai and akira play almost exactly the same in DOA5 as they do in VF5, aside from balance changes (which the game still recieves by the way).

not sure why you "hate" doa5. i'm loving it. just got my hands on the Arc System Works DLC outfits and i have videos of those up on my youtube channel.

to each their own i suppose. but DOA5 is like a sibling to Virtua Fighter. if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask me.

aside from the mainstream 3D fighters, i suppose you could get into others. DBZ Budokai 3 is highly regarded, and should be available on last gen in an HD "collection". other than that, you're stuck with games like Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, One Piece Burning Blood and the like.

and i too would have liked a "best of" collection. heck, even a re-release of soul blade (i'm in america) would have been nice.

'tis a sad day when megaman fans are treated better than soul calibur fans. *storm clouds approach and rain on cheddarsword*

Man releasing a Soul Calibur remastered would be the pure Kreygasm, since SC6 was obviously not ready for 20th Anniversary, a Remeastered of Old Soul Calibur Games would have been really amazing on new gen consoles, such a missed opportunity.

People kept talking sh1t about Capcom, but in the End they're the best imo when it comes to please their fans, 20th Anniversary of Resident Evil Franchise and boom they announced RE4,5&6 for new Gen consoles, not only those are 1080p/60fps but even their Netcode got updated.

Bandai Namco? They release Tekken 7 on Arcade in the 20 the anniversary of t Tekken franchise, while ignoring 95% of their West world fanbase, without even releasing remastered edition or something. And funfact? Capcom is struggling more than Bandai Namco in terms of financial aspects, but still they're always still able to announce something concrete & to offer to their fans. Maybe Bandai Namco are just as usual too busy with their Anime Games (Naruto, DBZ, Soul Eater and such) . Sometimes i really miss the Namco from the Old good Days (I mean before the Fusion with Bandai y'know)

Man releasing a Soul Calibur remastered would be the pure Kreygasm, since SC6 was obviously not ready for 20th Anniversary, a Remeastered of Old Soul Calibur Games would have been really amazing on new gen consoles, such a missed opportunity.

People kept talking sh1t about Capcom, but in the End they're the best imo when it comes to please their fans, 20th Anniversary of Resident Evil Franchise and boom they announced RE4,5&6 for new Gen consoles, not only those are 1080p/60fps but even their Netcode got updated.

Bandai Namco? They release Tekken 7 on Arcade in the 20 the anniversary of t Tekken franchise, while ignoring 95% of their West world fanbase, without even releasing remastered edition or something. And funfact? Capcom is struggling more than Bandai Namco in terms of financial aspects, but still they're always still able to announce something concrete & to offer to their fans. Maybe Bandai Namco are just as usual too busy with their Anime Games (Naruto, DBZ, Soul Eater and such) . Sometimes i really miss the Namco from the Old good Days (I mean before the Fusion with Bandai y'know)
Yup, could not have said it better...

pleasing their fans? i'm sorry, but are you sure you're talking about capcom? the company that blamed it's very fans' lack of interest in legends 3 for it's cancelation? the company that, despite the desperate cries of fans, hasn't released a new mega man game since mega man 10?

yeah, every anniversary has been a letdown ever since. i mean, they even went so far as to legitimize a mega man FAN GAME. mega man x street fighter! they couldn't be bothered to make a new game, so the just found one that already existed and said "ok, let's ""officialize"" this. that should shut them up."

and it didn't stop there. they also blamed the fans for there needing to be two versions of MVC3! and let's not forget that resident evil mercenaries game that came out last year. That was a mess.

and street fighter 5. lovely lack of good stuff at launch, and a small roster to boot.

no company's perfect. but to say that capcom's track record is good, dude, if you can say that with a straight face, you'd be skilled at poker.

at any rate, who's up for Zero being a guest in the next soul calibur?

I'm not a super Mega Man fan so idc, but i understand that fans want it, but it's not because Capcom didn't announced One Game that they should be blamed that much, and they still made a lot of good games, i mean at least better than Bandai Namco in general (Sorry but those Anime Spam games each year i don't call those "games", Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, those are what i call GAMES).

Street Fighter 5 yeah it lacked contents at launch, but received a lot of Updates since then, and most of them are Free, like a Big Story Mode, also you can Unlock all Characters, Stages, and even some Costumes by just playing the game, i can only appreciate that. The Game is already decades better in terms of contents, balances and such, and it's just the beginning, as Capcom confirmed that the game will be supported until 2020.

You'll never see Bandai Namco do something like this for Tekken or Soul Calibur EVER, they don't have enough balls for it, even tho i appreciate they finally decided to support Tekken 7 for 1 year this time and i'm thankful for that, so that's a pretty good start (but i don't know if i'll like/buy the Season Pass), Tekken and Soul Calibur franchises has so much potential to grow, it's sad sometimes when i see some people just lure themselves into the idea that, it's just fact that 2D Fighting are more popular than 3D games, and it's a like a fundamental fact, because it's not.

Oh yeah sure it's way better to release a dumb Free To Play Game with the most Hideous Art Direction ever in the Soul Calibur franchise. (I'm talking about Lost Sword here In case).

I agree, and Capcom is way far from being perfect too, and i don't remember saying myself that Capcom is, but compare to Bandai Namco it's like Day and Night, oh and also Capcom just recently announced Marvel VS Cacpom Infinite.

Capcom has overall a bad picture in the eyes of the consumers, manly Casuals, instead of Bandai Namco, that has a good one. It's so funny because, for someone who really open his eyes, play games, judge games by himself (means not just some heard this or this, or read this or them reviews)

Anyway it's going a bit off topic here lol, So speaking about Soul Calibur 6, another reason on why it would happen is that, if you follow some recent Bandai Namco Interviews, they are definitely interested on going on E-Sport (as they finally realise the Money they could get for it), so yeah just wait and see, if something may happen, it should be on Next E3 at earliest.

Last edited:
Street Fighter 5 yeah it lacked contents at launch, but received a lot of Updates since then, and most of them are Free, like a Big Story Mode, also you can Unlock all Characters, Stages, and even some Costumes by just playing the game, i can only appreciate that. The Game is already decades better in terms of contents, balances and such, and it's just the beginning, as Capcom confirmed that the game will be supported until 2020.

I agree, and Capcom is way far from being perfect too, and i don't remember saying myself that Capcom is, but compare to Bandai Namco it's like Day and Night, oh and also Capcom just recently announced Marvel VS Cacpom Infinite.

Capcom has overall a bad picture in the eyes of the consumers, manly Casuals, instead of Bandai Namco, that has a good one. It's so funny because, for someone who really open his eyes, play games, judge games by himself (means not just some heard this or this, or read this or them reviews)

i'm not sure if you've played SFV, but i wanted to point something out. Yes, all of the characters are free, and so are their story mode outfits. BUT. you have to earn them with in game currency. currency that's in VERY limited supply. if you were able to gain all of the in game currency that's available, and it's not easy to get quite a bit of it, you could buy a few of the characters. but not all of them.

However, there's Missions that update every now and then. The bigger payout missions change about once per week, while the tiny payouts update every 2 days or so. and on top of that, some of the missions require you to have "unlocked" one of these characters/stages just to complete that mission, and if you haven't done it yet, well you're just SOL then, aren't you?

of course, you do have another option. fork over $6 each for the characters you want.

in the end, it's just another "free to pay" system. it's designed to test your patience and make you fork over the money.

also, i don't judge games before playing them. not much anyway. i try to wait until i've played a game before i make an assessment of it.

but yes, you're right, we are getting off topic a bit here. but to be fair, i think it's a healthy discussion, as these are things we don't really want to see happen with SC6, should it even come out, and discussing the financial status and business practices of the company that owns it and comparing them to a company in a similar situation is, i think, a valid topic at this point. it's not like we have anything concrete to discuss anyway.

Pyrrus says that if a new SC does not come by the end of this year, somebody will be giving up the series. If SC6 gets announced, released (it could even be this year) and it stinks regarding to the majority public opinion, ... somebody will be giving up the series.

A suggested strategy move for business for PS would be if they were to:
1. Actually make a canon-legit sequel after SCV (Let's face it. The people would want it's exact title to be "Soul Calibur 6 [VI]").
2. They can lay it out for a release date.
3. The next sequential step: Big Pac-Points for PS for finding a way to put out an SC3AE remake for current gen and hopefully also for the PC.
4. Pay attention and adhere to fans what they would want changed in SC6 post release date.
5. Finally, PS can THEN do further patches the help the new game out.

Pyrrus says that if a new SC does not come by the end of this year, somebody will be giving up the series. If SC6 gets announced, released (it could even be this year) and it stinks regarding to the majority public opinion, ... somebody will be giving up the series.

A suggested strategy move for business for PS would be if they were to:
1. Actually make a canon-legit sequel after SCV (Let's face it. The people would want it's exact title to be "Soul Calibur 6 [VI]").
3. The next sequential step: Big Pac-Points for PS for finding a way to put out an SC3AE remake for current gen and hopefully also for the PC.
4. Pay attention and adhere to fans what they would want changed in SC6 post release date.

you make a fair point and i think i may have brought it up before. What if SC6 is garbage? What's next for a series that's not a cash cow?

also, your points. my take on them is:

My problem here is that some people may not have liked how SCV ended for one. or they may just want a new story all together. one route could be to decanonize 5, or "pull a Toriyama" so to speak (as in, now that dragon ball super exists, GT is now downplayed to the point of decanonization).

i wouldn't push it at this point. i mean, the game isn't even announced yet, or may not even be in the works yet. maybe a bit of a large release window instead.

i'm on board with this if it contains everything the console version had as well as the improvements from the arcade's update. also, a PC release would make the moders happy indeed. 10/10 on this one.

i'm all for companies listening to the fan base, but there's an inherent problem with it. you can't please or even listen to all of the fans. not that they shouldn't do this. they absolutely should. but they need to be careful who they listen to.

i'm on board with this completely. but if the game tanks hard at the start, they'll be facing an uphill battle that namco may not feel is worth funding.

i'm not sure if you've played SFV, but i wanted to point something out. Yes, all of the characters are free, and so are their story mode outfits. BUT. you have to earn them with in game currency. currency that's in VERY limited supply. if you were able to gain all of the in game currency that's available, and it's not easy to get quite a bit of it, you could buy a few of the characters. but not all of them.

However, there's Missions that update every now and then. The bigger payout missions change about once per week, while the tiny payouts update every 2 days or so. and on top of that, some of the missions require you to have "unlocked" one of these characters/stages just to complete that mission, and if you haven't done it yet, well you're just SOL then, aren't you?

of course, you do have another option. fork over $6 each for the characters you want.

in the end, it's just another "free to pay" system. it's designed to test your patience and make you fork over the money.

also, i don't judge games before playing them. not much anyway. i try to wait until i've played a game before i make an assessment of it.

but yes, you're right, we are getting off topic a bit here. but to be fair, i think it's a healthy discussion, as these are things we don't really want to see happen with SC6, should it even come out, and discussing the financial status and business practices of the company that owns it and comparing them to a company in a similar situation is, i think, a valid topic at this point. it's not like we have anything concrete to discuss anyway.

Yeah i have it (SFV) and it's a great game, and You can get all character by just playing, of course if you want to get all costumes would be though, but honestly i just needed few for the characters i play, and with Weekly mission you can get a lot of easy fight money.But it has some issues even now i agree, still arcade mode, loading time too slow, survival mode unlocking color system is pretty wack. But the core game system is super solid, and the game is super fun, it's concrete and it's here so you can play, and it will get even better because Capcom said they'll add things to the game, Wich looked like a hint to new Solo Modes. And again the option to get all characters and stages for free is there. You can't do that in any other fighting game.

To go back to SC6, i think you guys are being a bit dramatic lol. I've a good feeling it would happen, and announce in a not very long time. I'm almost sure that the game is already on development right now, only thing that is holding the announcement is Tekken 7 Console. Few of Tekken Team Staff are obviously keep on Tekken 7 after launch to work on Season Pass, and the rest of the Team might probably go to help Project Soul to finish the new SC6. Of course i'm just speculating but that's how i see things (Tekken Team and Project Soul always help each others on their games in the past and vise versa)

Also, personally i'd rather the game would be announce like a year, or even less than its release. (Not a big fan of Square Enix alike method that announce games 5 years before release if you see what i mean)

Yeah i have it (SFV) and it's a great game, and You can get all character by just playing, of course if you want to get all costumes would be though, but honestly i just needed few for the characters i play, and with Weekly mission you can get a lot of easy fight money.But it has some issues even now i agree, still arcade mode, loading time too slow, survival mode unlocking color system is pretty wack. But the core game system is super solid, and the game is super fun, it's concrete and it's here so you can play, and it will get even better because Capcom said they'll add things to the game, Wich looked like a hint to new Solo Modes. And again the option to get all characters and stages for free is there. You can't do that in any other fighting game.

To go back to SC6, i think you guys are being a bit dramatic lol. I've a good feeling it would happen, and announce in a not very long time. I'm almost sure that the game is already on development right now, only thing that is holding the announcement is Tekken 7 Console. Few of Tekken Team Staff are obviously keep on Tekken 7 after launch to work on Season Pass, and the rest of the Team might probably go to help Project Soul to finish the new SC6. Of course i'm just speculating but that's how i see things (Tekken Team and Project Soul always help each others on their games in the past and vise versa)

Also, personally i'd rather the game would be announce like a year, or even less than its release. (Not a big fan of Square Enix alike method that announce games 5 years before release if you see what i mean)

at least you see what i mean about street fighter V's dlc being like a free to pay system.

i don't think we're being too dramatic really. SC has never been a huge cash cow for namco i don't think. if a new release were to fail hard, i think it would make them reconsider the series' viability.

i could see the tekken team helping out to finish SC6 development though.

and, though i'm not a fan of a game being announced and then released years later, when that does happen it's usually due to problems like dev team members being shifted, lack of interest in the project, company restructuring, what have you. just look up the development cycle for Duke Nukem Forever.

also, things can change fairly fast in a development cycle as well. just look at how things were for the major zelda releases dating as far back as even Ocarina of Time itself. things looked one way near the beginning, but by the end, they were a completely different game.

Soul Calibur itself has seen this kind of thing. Most notably, Dante's lack of inclusion in SC3, despite being planned for it.

at least you see what i mean about street fighter V's dlc being like a free to pay system.

i don't think we're being too dramatic really. SC has never been a huge cash cow for namco i don't think. if a new release were to fail hard, i think it would make them reconsider the series' viability.

i could see the tekken team helping out to finish SC6 development though.

and, though i'm not a fan of a game being announced and then released years later, when that does happen it's usually due to problems like dev team members being shifted, lack of interest in the project, company restructuring, what have you. just look up the development cycle for Duke Nukem Forever.

also, things can change fairly fast in a development cycle as well. just look at how things were for the major zelda releases dating as far back as even Ocarina of Time itself. things looked one way near the beginning, but by the end, they were a completely different game.

Soul Calibur itself has seen this kind of thing. Most notably, Dante's lack of inclusion in SC3, despite being planned for it.

I think one of the reasons People should keep their hopes UP is the fact that there is E-Sport as well, while Namco Bandai seems already very interested on it, and Soul Calibur franchise would have definitely a huge potential in that matter i think.

Wait what? i never heard about that Dante Story being planned for SC3, i would definitely love it, especially since i was spending a lot of my playtime into DMC3 at that moment. Maybe they'll brought back the idea for SC6 who knows.

I think one of the reasons People should keep their hopes UP is the fact that there is E-Sport as well, while Namco Bandai seems already very interested on it, and Soul Calibur franchise would have definitely a huge potential in that matter i think.

Wait what? i never heard about that Dante Story being planned for SC3, i would definitely love it, especially since i was spending a lot of my playtime into DMC3 at that moment. Maybe they'll brought back the idea for SC6 who knows.

yeah, dante was planned for Soul Calibur 3, but the idea was cut. i'm not sure if any of his data was in the game or not, but look it up on the wiki. i think he's even listed in the guest characters. i think even KOS-MOS was planned to be more than an outfit in the game at one point.

anyway, the E-Sports scene is one possibility. they would probably prefer to test the waters with SCV if it weren't so old, but i guess if tekken goes over well in E-Sports, then i guess that may help lay the groundwork for SC6. but to say that it's mere existence is hope for SC6, while not wrong, is stretching it a bit.

easy. PLAY DOA5. seriously, it's like virtua fighter on steroids. as a plus, jacky, sarah, pai and akira play almost exactly the same in DOA5 as they do in VF5, aside from balance changes (which the game still recieves by the way).

not sure why you "hate" doa5. i'm loving it. just got my hands on the Arc System Works DLC outfits and i have videos of those up on my youtube channel.

to each their own i suppose. but DOA5 is like a sibling to Virtua Fighter. if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask me.

aside from the mainstream 3D fighters, i suppose you could get into others. DBZ Budokai 3 is highly regarded, and should be available on last gen in an HD "collection". other than that, you're stuck with games like Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, One Piece Burning Blood and the like.

And that is exactly the prbolem.. I do not want a DOA with VF chars and elements.. I liked DOA when it just relied on itself, and without those damn outfit DLC´s, which are really OVER THE TOP.

And I won´t get into another fighting games franchise.. It´s either SC, DOA or Tekken(in that order) for me...

And that is exactly the prbolem.. I do not want a DOA with VF chars and elements.. I liked DOA when it just relied on itself, and without those damn outfit DLC´s, which are really OVER THE TOP.

And I won´t get into another fighting games franchise.. It´s either SC, DOA or Tekken(in that order) for me...

i'm not exactly sure what you mean. It feels very much like a DOA game to me. Granted, the only other one i've played was Dimensions on the 3DS, but since that game covers DOA 1-4, you can't get much more DOA than that.

you should download the Core Fighters version. it's free, and if you want more, you only pay for who/what you want, and it'll let you see just how little the Virtua FIghter characters matter to the game as a whole. only two of them appear in the story mode anyway, so yeah.

to each their own, but since there's an option to play the game for free, you should at least give it a shot before you completely shut it down.

also, you rank your 3D fighters in the same order i do... almost. i'd rank Virtua FIghter above tekken. in fact:

SC, DOA, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, DBZ Infinite World, DBZ Budokai 3, DBZ Burst Limit, DBZ Raging Blast 2, DBZ BT3, Tekken.

in that order. yeah... i got a bit of salt for tekken...

i'm not exactly sure what you mean. It feels very much like a DOA game to me. Granted, the only other one i've played was Dimensions on the 3DS, but since that game covers DOA 1-4, you can't get much more DOA than that.

you should download the Core Fighters version. it's free, and if you want more, you only pay for who/what you want, and it'll let you see just how little the Virtua FIghter characters matter to the game as a whole. only two of them appear in the story mode anyway, so yeah.

to each their own, but since there's an option to play the game for free, you should at least give it a shot before you completely shut it down.

also, you rank your 3D fighters in the same order i do... almost. i'd rank Virtua FIghter above tekken. in fact:

SC, DOA, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, DBZ Infinite World, DBZ Budokai 3, DBZ Burst Limit, DBZ Raging Blast 2, DBZ BT3, Tekken.

in that order. yeah... i got a bit of salt for tekken...
I played DOA5 and already have DOA5 LR Core fighters but I never liked this game... I still think DOA3.2 is best DOA ever! And yeah SC is first for sure, never got into VF though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back