Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can accept them but I just loathe projectile weapons. I also still strongly dislike the aspect of EIN's free-floating concept being too much into fantasy. I also kind of wished they were more reflecting of a real nation or empire like the other characters are and less fantasy as well in their design. Maybe make them more Eastern European or something as they somewhat already have in their motif.

Ah, yes, all of this too.

It's hard not to get aggressive when people say things like what @Crash X just did. Sorry.
You just need to learn to accept different opinions better and have greater self control when under pressure. I know you want your posts to be taken seriously but getting hostile over something that someone disagrees with you on will only hinder that and you will only end up humiliating yourself in the process, and having people flat out mock you/ignore you for this.

So Nyte, just learn to respect others opinions more and understand why they would do so instead of just insulting or telling people to fuck off/shut up anytime they do.

And no I’m not trying to start anything with you. This is just friendly advice.

(Ok I’m done with this now and ready to move on from it).

Last edited:
If they can turn a tap dancing french man into a vampire that's actually interesting, they can turn Zwei into some weird undead/werewolf thing - especially if he uses his own boney fingers as his weapon instead of holding a sword like an emo.

I feel Zwei needs a "Grundy" fix.
Soooooo...ZWEIlomon Grundy? Kappa

ZWEI could get a Zato-1/Eddie treatment GGXXAC style. For those who don't get what I meant - Zato-1 is a guy who is a host to a "forbidden beast" called Eddie, as of GGXXAC Zato himself is dead and his body is just controlled by Eddie who is trying his hardest to find a new host before this body completely rots away. ZWEI could become an actual werewolf/zombie thing by fusing with EIN as last resort in attempt to not die.
I think this might be cool, even though I like current stand-user ZWEI and his sword too.

Zwei and viola definitely deserve a spot. I mean yea weapon based combat mimimi. But seriously if sc was only that it would be pretty boring. So gimme that fantasy stuff werewolves orbs soul swords bubbles yes please.

I don't actually think of Viola as bubble spam... Unlike Algol (actually, I wouldn't care if Algol was gone). She kind of plants her weapon and then retrieves it, swing it around too. Makes for an interesting style of play... Which Street Fighter copied and slapped Egyptian clothes on...

The problem I have always had with Algol is the same thing I had with Necrid - its a weapon that materializes out of nowhere and expands/shrinks. At least with Viola, she would plant it, and you would see it.

Reactions: Ave
Zwei and viola definitely deserve a spot. I mean yea weapon based combat mimimi. But seriously if sc was only that it would be pretty boring. So gimme that fantasy stuff werewolves orbs soul swords bubbles yes please.
This. Gimme dat magic shit, also give Natsu her demonic powers and stuff.
I don't actually think of Viola as bubble spam... Unlike Algol (actually, I wouldn't care if Algol was gone)
Algol's bubbles are quite weak to worry about them this much. Personally I liked Algol the moment I saw him and I still like him now.

Reactions: Ave
This. Gimme dat magic shit, also give Natsu her demonic powers and stuff.

Algol's bubbles are quite weak to worry about them this much. Personally I liked Algol the moment I saw him and I still like him now.
He teleports his chair on top of you out of thin air...

An actual pet peeve of mine in video games are mechanics and art choices where random stuff you can't see suddenly materialize and worst yet - block vision. Foreground art in 2d games really annoy me if done wrong. Algols bubble spam... Annoying - specifically the slow ones.

Now are we talking about character movelists/fighting styles/weapon styles or are we talking about character designs/aesthetics? Cause as far as the new characters the only characters I liked and would like to see return due to their design are Omega and Viola. Zwei looks like a zombie version of a FF character so fuck him (FF DOES NOT BELONG IN CALIBUR!) Pyrrha and Natsu look like a pedo's dream ( I hate myself for thinking Natsu is kinda sexy though) aPat is terrible all the way around and Pat is even worse, looking like an albino human peacock. Leixia is cute but annoying (sidenote-I remember something about when the characters were revealed that there was talk about Leixia looking the way she does to pay homage to Kayane)so you might as well bring back X. Xiba is stupid looking and his move set is just goofy. And since Algol was brought up I hate everything about him. His look, his fighting style, his "weapons", just everything.

Fighting style/weapon styles you can lose all of them. Although Pyrrha is a more athletic version of Sophie there's no need to keep her, Natsu or Taki they're both just jumpy ninja bitches so you might as well just bring back the OG. I always thought an umbrella was a stupid weapon so I'd keep aPat if he didn't look so damn stupid. Leixia is definitely a poor man's Xianghua so get rid of her. Zwei is pure gutter trash, his style was unique but ultimately it proved itself to be a gimmick so trash it. Omega might as well bring back Cass and fuck Viola's moves.

So to sum it all up I'd bring back Omega and Viola if they had different weapons/fighting styles.
I'd bring back Sophie over Pyrrha but include some of the more athletic moves into Sophie's movelist.
X is just a better character overall than her daughter.
I'd get rid of Xiba in a heartbeat now that Kilik is back.
I'd bring back aPat OR Sets if they changed how aPat looked or if they gave Sets something other than a dumbass umbrella to send you sprawling 10 feet in the air.
I wouldn't mind Natsu back with a different move set but barring that if it's a choice I'd just bring back Taki.
I'd just trash Pat. His move set was just stupid. You could integrate some of his better moves with Cass' attacks and bring her back while getting rid of him.
Fuck Algol. I swear he was the souring point storywise for this franchise. His weapons/attacks just compounded how dumb of a character he is and he took the story in a stupid ass direction.
And because I'm old school at heart, bring back Zas, Talim (that hurts me so much to say for so many reasons) and Hwang. Also FUCK MAXI bring back Li Long with his double chucks!!!
FINALLY, I REALLY wouldn't mind seeing some of those SC3 bonus character move sets make it back into the game. Of course they need to be fleshed out a bit more but man most of them brought a lot of variety and were fun to watch.

Thats why i said some stuff like for example 6B+K. I just think if you take away the orb style its not really viola anymore. Then we might as well get back amy

her style is just what makes viola great though. They just need to adjust some bs like 6 B+K
6B+K is Viola. I think removing the no-air-control on AAB, killing off most of her dumb combos and reducing her damage in the process, should be enough. Although, given this is a new game and not a patch, she'd probably have different gimmicks anyway.

Anyway, I just remembered somebody who I would love to see again...
lynsc3art1-jpg.3876

Last edited:
I've said it since IV, but they could and should have salvaged that moveset for a gypsy character.

I would not prefer a Gypsy-dancer character. Something about some dancing entertainer somehow being the equal of other master swordsmen doesn't sit well with me. The flavor of the soul series (at least to me) was about legendary tales of the best-of-the-best warriors crossing swords. Smashing someone with tambourines doesn't have the same lethality as the other weapons of the other characters.

You can probably guess I'm not the biggest fan of lucky chloe.

I would not like an intentionally weaker "joke" character like Dan hibiki as well, but we got Dampierre and it looks like hes here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back