Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Harada will have much to do with SCVI considering he just introduced the new producer there. Let's hope it works out this time.
Do we know if he's the producer or just one of the guys on the top brass? I'm just curious.

It's going to seem like I'm being a sourpuss but I'm not getting my hopes up for any certain amount of characters or roster size.

At this point I'm just grateful we have another game. In 2018 it will have been 6 and a half years since SCV's release so screw it. I'm not going to demand certain characters. I just want this game to be successful enough to ensure a stable and steady flow of content and games for the series every 2-3 years. I'll care more about rosters if we get a SCVII within 3-4 years from SCVI.

If I preorder the game in the coming days, will Bamco even get indication? Will they see it as a positive sign that people want these games?

I never pre order games, but I need Soul Calibur games and I will pre order if I must keep the series going!

I don't think it's reboot, maybe they just recton SCV lol
I don't know, there is a lot that seems to suggest it might be. I mean if their outfits are remakes from the originals it just looks like it. I'd like to see a combination of old and new. Though if it is, I hope they keep in all the characters post SCII to SCIV (Talim, Zas, Tira etc) somewhere. Like retcon them into earlier coexistence in the story. I wonder if they could fit them into the continuity. Maybe just do everyone as an origin story like MK9.

Oh, I see. Harada confirmed he is indeed the producer. Wonder what happened to Hoshino.

If Hoshino is involved I assume he would be the director, so that's still possible. You can look at SC5 where Togo was the lead producer and Daishi was the director.

My guess is that he most likely stepped down. Maybe because of Lost Swords not being very well received?
I kind of doubt it because Hoshino had an interview on the 20th Anniversary website last year. Maybe he's still involved, just not the only one in power? We'll see.

SC Fans - ...but this story mode is linear and we don't want complete it second time.
Harada - ...then you need complete this mode 1000 times to earn simple bronze trophy.
SC Fans - Waaaaaaaaaat?
lol.

I just thought about it, so since Sophy and Mitsu looks so young, so i guess none of SCV new characters will make into SC6. Some characters were cool but definitely won't be too butthurt about that if it happens lol

I just thought about it, so since Sophy and Mitsu looks so young, so i guess none of SCV new characters will make into SC6. Some characters were cool but definitely won't be too butthurt about that ifit happens lol
I believe we're going the MK9 route.

"Just as shadows are cast where there is light, history hides away more than one truth."

Also, there's clips from SCV, where the swords were destroyed. Not to mention time travel was established as possible in that game and shards may have traveled through history.

Just my educated guess.

If Hoshino is involved I assume he would be the director, so that's still possible. You can look at SC5 where Togo was the lead producer and Daishi was the director.
If I had to guess, the rumored "development hell" the game went through might be responsible for the change in producers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back