Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassandra would be likely given Sophitia and Tira's (rumored) presence.

4QorR_s-200x150.gif

I see, I guess I'll update my post in the roster discussion topic to include SC4 as well. If this game goes well, we'll have the whole story of Soul Calibur, except for the crappy part of SC5. Even if this is technically not a new story, its not like we know every single canon part of previous games and they can also add more stuff. This actually makes a lot more sense when you consider that SC5 was the only game in which we knew what was actually canon (emphasis on "was"), while everywhere else, there was never a single specific story mode, just arcade endings.

Last edited:
I would argue Pyrrah is more likely given those two if the game stretches time somehow.
Cassie was left in astral chaos in the beginning of SCV. So she could easily be time hopping.

Also "historically" she was active in that period. Due to Sophie and Tira.

According to the German verison of the Namco website, there was a translation to the game's description.
"Reisen sie durch eine Parallelwelt, die sich im 16. Jahrhundert befindet..."
"Travel through a parallel world, set in the 16th century..."

If this is the case, the story could include parallel universes and alternate timelines (MAJOR SPOILER).

I think it's alluding to the fact that it's a retelling of the SC story without outright saying "Um, Daishi's fan fiction nonsense was a bunch of nonsense so we'll just write the SC story from scratch".

So I was thinking about which characters I'm most excited to see design-wise when I realized that, if Project Soul also remasters the 2P costumes, we'll get to see this beauty again:
latest

I. Am. Hype.
Yes yes, that's one of the best Ivy costumes.

Yeah. Console exclusive characters are a waste of resources. They can't be used in tournaments.
This is not a problem if Namco release console exclusive characters as customization parts for Cas without moveset and weapon. It takes less development costs and time spending on guest characters.

Does the setting mean that we might get some moves that were removed back? Like poor Raphael might be back to his former glory!

This is not a problem if Namco release console exclusive characters as customization parts for Cas without moveset and weapon. It takes less development costs and time spending on guest characters.
Bodiless extra characters introduce other problems that make them problematic for tournaments.

Does the setting mean that we might get some moves that were removed back? Like poor Raphael might be back to his former glory!
Mitsu already has a stance back so it wouldn't be that shocking.

Does anyone think we will get more info at PSX? Maybe more story details or character announcements?

Or do you think we will just get more on the 15th?

I think we maybe get something, because it would be senseless to advertiser it otherwise, but I don't think it will be anything big, maybe a new character

The guest characters movelists aren't usually available in CAS are they (probably mandated by the source company)? Plus allowing CAS characters in tournaments creates a whole other set of problems.

There was a new trailer just now at PSX, showing off the full CEs of Sophitia and Mitsu, as well as Soph's "V-trigger", where she basically becomes Lost Swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back