Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be cool if they had two versions of him; one super ducking crazy for story mode the other a normal character, but I doubt Night Terror will make it back in. If he does it might be as nightmare’s “v trigger” eqvuilent
Yeah, no. If we are to get him, make like any other decent game and let us play with the same thing we fought against. Also, I would not rule him out at all, like I said, he is seen as one of the hardest bosses in fighting games, and it would be cool if he ever made into the events of a game (he is canon, but more of a "what if", since we know he is real, but Nightmare never got enough power to reach that level in any canon event).

I never really cared about him that much either.
He is an excellent idea with terrible execution for many reasons:
  • You have no idea he even exists as a boss (because you actually saw him in Nightmare's ending) and there is nothing that indicates his existance until you either find him by accident or on the internet
  • Tales of Souls had way too many branching paths and there was no indication that they were anything other than a choice for the next opponent or additional rewards
  • Tales of Souls was also incredibly unforgiving, so you'd have a challenge way before finding out about him, because fights became harder and harder and you couldn't lose ONCE
  • There was no decent reward for defeating him. You only got something for challenge mode, which allowed you to directly fight him, but outside that, IIRC, you'd only get a The Master weapon, which was a weapon with NO ADDITIONAL EFFECTS, and that you could easily get by completing every training mission for the character. You didn't even unlock Night Terror
  • He is one ugly motherfucker! Look at him, he looks like a Resident Evil monster with a cliché horror sword and MMO wings, he doesn't look awesome, like Nightmare, only repulsive and, granted, more powerful
So, yes, the idea of a secret more challenging boss that you reach under specific conditions is awesome, but they fucked up so bad that it ended up being more of a frustration.

Why take a boss like Night Terror and make him balanced enough to use? Kinda defeats the object of a boss like that.
Sure, make him usable in some one-off fun mode, like Galactus, but don't neuter him for general use.

I never really cared about him that much either.
I see what you care so much about
55555.JPG

Supers were already confirmed by Vergeben.

Wonder how many new characters are gonna be in this game. SC doesn't have a standard in that matter, SC3 had 3 new characters, then SC4 for example had 1 (Hilde), while SCV had many new characters. Hum... wait and see.

We must wait until Friday. The colour of his weapon reminds me a little bit colour of Edge Master weapons. Could he be an Edge Master apprentice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back