Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a thread with the translated NLPS on here?
In this forum, there was just snippets of translation when it was still only japanese. There is now a fully translated version of that book in english.

I know this probably won't happen until they've revealed more characters, but I can't wait until they start showing the 2P costumes. I'm curious to know if they're gonna make entirely new designs or revamp the already existing costumes from SC1. Hoping they go with the latter, since I'd love to see the 2P costumes for Ivy, Mitsu, and Taki get redone.

I know this probably won't happen until they've revealed more characters, but I can't wait until they start showing the 2P costumes. I'm curious to know if they're gonna make entirely new designs or revamp the already existing costumes from SC1. Hoping they go with the latter, since I'd love to see the 2P costumes for Ivy, Mitsu, and Taki get redone.
I kinda want them to go as far to give us either 3Ps as well or give us 100 creation slots

I don't think you understand. DOA5 was the literal definition of milking a game, the DLC went on for five fucking years even after most people moved on and they spent no time developing a new DOA even when it was perfectly reasonable. All of it amounted to over $2000 which consisted mostly of skimpy costumes. I pray that we don't get into a situation like that with this game.

When you state it like that, you make it sound like they did nothing but milk. I won't say they didn't because they did. But here's the deal. DOA5 got a PS Vita port, an expansion with 5 new characters. An arcade edition with 3 new characters and a next gen system with 4 new characters.

So yes DOA5 then got milked to death with $2000 worth of costumes. But they didn't cut and run after DOA5 vanilla. I would argue DOA5 Last Round is probably the best DOA roster wise. They were milked, but for three to four years they got a stream of new characters to their game.

What did Soul Calibur V get in the meantime? Absolutely Nothing.

So I'll give Team Ninja credit for actually keeping their game alive even if it meant milking the anime whores. I haven't purchased a single dlc costume for DOA5 so it didn't influence my game. I only ever paid for DLC characters.

When you state it like that, you make it sound like they did nothing but milk. I won't say they didn't because they did. But here's the deal. DOA5 got a PS Vita port, an expansion with 5 new characters. An arcade edition with 3 new characters and a next gen system with 4 new characters.

So yes DOA5 then got milked to death with $2000 worth of costumes. But they didn't cut and run after DOA5 vanilla. I would argue DOA5 Last Round is probably the best DOA roster wise. They were milked, but for three to four years they got a stream of new characters to their game.

What did Soul Calibur V get in the meantime? Absolutely Nothing.

So I'll give Team Ninja credit for actually keeping their game alive even if it meant milking the anime whores. I haven't purchased a single dlc costume for DOA5 so it didn't influence my game. I only ever paid for DLC characters.
That's the thing though. There was no need for Last Round to exist when they could've developed DOA6 and released it then. I feel like releasing Last Round two and a half years after the original was an insult because they couldn't be bothered to actually make something new. Don't say "Oh, but there was a seven year gap between DOA4 and DOA5!". That's because there was corporate drama not unlike what happened with SC years later. This time around, there was no excuse for it other than their own greed.

Last edited:
That's the thing though. There was no need for Last Round to exist when they could've developed DOA6 and released it then. I feel like releasing Last Round two and a half years after the original was an insult because they couldn't be bothered to actually make something new. Don't say "Oh, but there was a seven year gap between DOA4 and DOA5!". That's because there was corporate drama not unlike what happened with SC years later. This time around, there was no excuse for it other than their own greed.

In the time after DOA5 was released Team Ninja have expanded their works to other projects such as Nioh, so it makes sense as to why they didn't do DOA6 right away.

You also forget that after DOA5 Last Round they made the pervy Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3. So they technically made a sequel to another DOA property.

At the end of the day though, an expansion is better than nothing. Virtua Fighter is all but dead. I would get on my hands and kneese just for another expansion to that game if they couldn't afford to make a full fledged sequel.

Something is better than nothing!

It's so nice to know SCVI will probably be in our hands within a year though. It's going to be wonderful to see it get all that streaming and FG community love!

The only reason why Last Round existed in the first place was because people we're literally begging for DOA5 to be on the Xbox One/PS4. It wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Reactions: Ave
xGyHW2m.jpg
Well, if they are taking the story to SC3 (and beyond that) there is a good chance we may be seeing Night Terror again, and probably being able to fight him. If they do bother adding him in and making him playable as pre-order/DLC or just at launch.....please tone him down so he doesn't become a game breaking mess.

Well, if they are taking the story to SC3 (and beyond that) there is a good chance we may be seeing Night Terror again, and probably being able to fight him. If they do bother adding him in and making him playable as pre-order/DLC or just at launch.....please tone him down so he doesn't become a game breaking mess.
Game breaking? Maybe not, but I bet he'll still be cheap and top tier. You cannot take one of the hardest bosses in fighting game history and simply make him a regular character. It works against his concept and with those crazy attacks he had, he'll always do things other characters won't.

Game breaking? Maybe not, but I bet he'll still be cheap and top tier. You cannot take one of the hardest bosses in fighting game history and simply make him a regular character. It works against his concept and with those crazy attacks he had, he'll always do things other characters won't.
I’d be cool if they had two versions of him; one super ducking crazy for story mode the other a normal character, but I doubt Night Terror will make it back in. If he does it might be as nightmare’s “v trigger” eqvuilent

In thinking about it, I wouldn't want to see him become playable or anything outside of a special boss fight that wasn't required for any purpose aside from bragging rights, I guess. He can just be left be as an old fighting game boss worthy of his name.

Edit: On a different note, hopefully not too long before the Famitsu scans today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back