Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slightly worried that Soul Calibur 6 might not sell well even if the game is amazing (has good roster, good gameplay etc etc). I'm worried that casual player will be burnt out on fighters by the time Soul Calibur 6 drops sometime next year leading to it underperforming. Perhaps I'm just being to paranoid.
Generally they've sold pretty consistently so long as they don't crap the bed on the single player content.

Generally they've sold pretty consistently so long as they don't crap the bed on the single player content.

Too bad consistently never seems to be enough to satisfy Namco.

I dream of the day the series sells enough to get a bigger budget and focus. I mean hell, the series nearly collapsed after V, which sold better than Tekken Tag 2 by most accounts.

It ain't right. Feels like the series is stuck in a Catch-22, where it needs a bigger budget to afford audience attracting features and sell better, but it needs to sell better to get a bigger budget.

SCV got hit with a bus honestly. Tsunami hit, the idea that story modes weren't important had taken hold firmly in Japan...

I’m really interested to see how they market SCVI

Well this game has Ivy in it, so in a way the marketing has already begun. :) Some one will write an article demonizing the game for sexually objectifying women, it'll create a buzz, and end up selling more copies. But it would be great if they had some humor in their direct marketing techniques.

They just need to make the next big PvE Souls mode a gigantic dating sim with fighting and pitch that you can court your true love, Voldo.

If Hilde is in SC6, I'd like it if there was an indication for each charge attack. Like maybe the controller vibrates a certain way for each charge. Idk.

I'm sure I could have totally picked up Hilde if I could get a hold of her charge system and learning how to count and multitask at the same time. Maybe a Brave Edge-like visual indicator for charges would be nice (and not that ugly piss yellow color, maybe pink for vertical and teal and horizontals).

I'm sure I could have totally picked up Hilde if I could get a hold of her charge system and learning how to count and multitask at the same time. Maybe a Brave Edge-like visual indicator for charges would be nice (and not that ugly piss yellow color, maybe pink for vertical and teal and horizontals).

You can charge horizontal and vertical at the same time though, why not just have the lance or sword be surrounded by blue effects to match the charge attack colour, so for Stage 1 the weapons release a puff of blue, Stage 2, the blade of the sword or lance lights up, Stage 3, the weapons have an aura, Stage 4 the aura surrounds Hilde.
On Ps4 they could do cool stuff with the controller light bar and make that change colour per stage or have sound indications coming from the speaker in the controller. But this isn't Sony exclusive so that won't happen.

They could also put in a small indicator for her charges. Like a little meter or something.
I think since they're doing the charge up effects with RE, they could just use the same effects with a different colour for Hilde's chargeups. I think that's the easiest solution. Having a separate meter just for Hilde's charge up would be weird. Remember the Force meters in SCIV?

If they are willing to dumb it down, they might modify Hilde's charges to a max of 2 levels instead of 3.

Soul Charge would make those charges completely better moves or something. Just my guess

SCV definitely got the short end of the stick. Whenever someone points out a flaw in it, I can't help but want to defend it like it's that one bullied kid in school who gets into a ton of shit after finally standing up for himself. It did have a lot of flaws, no doubt about it. But what do you expect when it was rushed out in 9 months? :T

I hear SC6 has already had a production time of 3 years? So I already have high hopes for it.

Well practically speaking you shouldn't be able to get the UB in a normal match.

Maybe not at a high level online match but when I first started playing SCV it was easy to drop the UB and win.

Plus if they learned anything from SCV they'll realise online isn't everything and offline content is just as important, you can execute them more often against AI. Plus they look cool, and she doesn't have any other unblockables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back