Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he was talking about characters built around Sophitia and Mitsu tou know who could easly be built off sophitia cassandra

For me when he said that, i understand it as they want to go back to the core of the franchise, with a Roster that has characters using Different Swords, without Magic stuffs and cie, and in this category Viola and Zwei were the first to come in my mind.

Am I the only one with the impression that Sophitia and Mitsurugi are like training together? The way they interact with each other in the reveal video gave me that feeling.

Remember This for promoting 8 Way Run Movement in SCI

a006.jpg
a007.jpg
a008.jpg

For me when he said that, i understand it as they want to go back to the core of the franchise, with a Roster that has characters using Different Swords, without Magic stuffs and cie, and in this category Viola and Zwei were the first to come in my mind.
That's a bit sad to be honest, SC5 kinda tried not to make two characters that use the same weapons (in a way the reason why we lost Cassandra, Mina, Rock, Amy...) but then they also deleated unique ones like Zas, Yun, and Talim lol

To me, it seemed more like he was saying that the way other characters were designed was based off of Sophi and Mitsu. Like, those two are the baseline aesthetic of the game and they just worked on making sure the rest of the cast looked like they belonged in the same world as them? If that makes sense? Because only having characters with relation to those two seems a little off to me.

Well technicly Hilde, Raphael Talim, Zas, YunI mean a lot of character are not really linked nor they care about Sophitia xD

I don't think he meant it as linked lore wise, but more of gameplay, and concept. All the characters you cited are very linked to Sophie and Mitsu gameplay wise imo.

Last edited:
They scrapped it because it was derivative. It was just an Ivy version of Matael from Galaxy Express 999:
https://static.zerochan.net/Maetel.full.935567.jpg
http://www.toei-animation.com/files/visuels/Galaxy_Express_999_500.jpg
http://adala-news.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Maetel_galaxy_express_999.jpg
https://plamoya.com/bmz_cache/b/b421fd4a8a1f6e702b8a4a4e4447f36a.image.433x500.jpg
Making a iconic and unique character design take directly from a classic anime character for a redesign diminishes the character Project Soul came up with, regardless of whether or not it looks good. It's a cheap knockoff redesign where anyone who knows about the character Matael will criticize and question why they had to rip off a famous character for their own, who didn't need that kind of thing done to theirs in the first place.
It's ok if you like what they drew there for her, just know that it wasn't an original idea, which is why they decided against using it.

Japanese people tend not to know how the hell height and weight correlate with character designs because of weird cultural beliefs of what is considered fat/obese over there.
But the stats for characters is something so laughable that I've never taken it seriously. Especially when Siegfried goes from being 157cm (5'2") in Soul Edge when he's 16 to 168cm (5'6") when he's 23 on SCII, then grows again to be 172cm (5'8") when he's 40 on SCV.
That alone is wonky. But the weight itself is the most laughable part about it all.
Consider his weight being its highest on SCV still only being 70kg (154 lbs.) with his previous weight in other games being 48kg (106 lbs.) in Soul Edge, 50kg (110 lbs.) in SC1 and II, 60kg (132 lbs.) on SCIII, then somehow losing weight and going back down to 50kg (110 lbs.) on SCIV, which is where he's 168cm (5'6") and that's all just like.... no. That's not how this works at all. I have two eyes and none of that shit adds up.
If you want to laugh even more when thinking about these height and weight stats? Nightmare's a fucking manlet.
Try to take him seriously if you decide to take their bullshit stats at face value and to heart. You just can't.

Thank you for this information :)

What i wanna say with it - me and many other are abit sick of those extremly nude outfits.
And most clothing in SC5 CaS doesn't really fit with Ivys Boobs etc.

SC5 went in a good direction of Ivys design, but still many of us would love a ivy design that is refreshing, maybe suprising.
Or at least if the CaS in SC6 will be abit better :D

haha so true about the weight and height stats :'D

Hopefully using Mitsu and Sophi as gameplay blueprint means no more BS Bubbles, Ghost Dogs, Balls and crap like that...
I really hate those.
Also looking forward to much shorter combos, i loved doing 12+ hit combos with Natsu, but got the feeling it wasn't as much fun for the opponent, and especially newbies get turned off rather quick by eating all that without being able to do anything about it.

I also wonder what happens to tech traps, i always found it weird and not really beginner friendly that there's a time when you get up and everything becomes unblockable to you.

Took even me a while to realize what went wrong and that that are the dangers of Ukemi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back