Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but to me from a purely art direction standpoint SCV is still one of the best SC games. I'm not talking about content or roster (I'm agree there are a lot of mistakes), but stages, costumes, music, etc. to me is still just WOW!

To me Soul Calibur for better of for worse, was always more interesting to me, the newer it was. I got excited every time a new game came out. Objectively for better or worse, I know I was enjoying figuring out the system. On top of that, when a new SC game comes out usually I end up meeting up again with old friends that I've lost touch with. So each time a new game comes out, it just adds on to the experience and impact SC has had on my life.

That's all a bit sappy I know. But I'll own that shit.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but to me from a purely art direction standpoint SCV is still one of the best SC games. I'm not talking about content or roster (I'm agree there are a lot of mistakes), but stages, costumes, music, etc. to me is still just WOW!

Totally agree with this. Beside some few characters that weren't close enough to their 2D Art portrait in their 3D gameplay model, the Art direction overall was great.

I just wished Ivy was super close to her 2D portrait in her 3D model like other characters such as Sieg, Mitsu or Ezio were. As i said it already but Mitsu in the most successful in that area, best 3D character model in this game imo. In term of Female Characters i'm trying to rethink about it, and Pyrrah and Tira were the best i think.

Last edited:
I disagree with you regarding music and costumes in SCV. In SCV costumes were horrible especially Killik, Patroklos, Siegfried, Natsu, Xiba, Leixia, Raphael, Algol. New characters looks like some anime trash in SCV. Stage music is bad it's not SC music, i could not listen this music i immediately replaced it with SC3 bgms.

I disagree with you regarding music and costumes in SCV. In SCV costumes were horrible especially Killik, Patroklos, Siegfried, Natsu, Xiba, Leixia, Raphael, Algol. New characters looks like some anime trash in SCV. Stage music is bad it's not SC music, i could not listen this music i immediately replaced it with SC3 bgms.
Well, I wouldn't say the costumes were "horrible", just usually nothing special or outstanding. I'm not a big fan of SCV's music either, and I use older SC music as well. There are some nice pieces in SCV, but most get irritating quite fast. The story music is really good though, imo. Shame the story mode is ass.

Instead of garbage story mode in SCV Namco could add 2 or more veterans from previous SC games or add Team Battle mode.
I'll be fine if we get all SC1 characters and the new ones. With the story, I think the classic story mode for every character again would be best. Adding team battle back would be cool, it could appear if they'll work on single player enough.

319a3c94b2063937ddcb117259751c3c20171222143003.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHH i'm dying to see how the other characters will look OMG.... Especially 'You know who' :)

Am I the only one with the impression that Sophitia and Mitsurugi are like training together? The way they interact with each other in the reveal video gave me that feeling.

Also, in the last video, I like how the announcer stresses the word "never" while saying "the legend will NEVER die" ^^

Last edited:
If Hilde is in SC6, I'd like it if there was an indication for each charge attack. Like maybe the controller vibrates a certain way for each charge. Idk.
I always hated Hilde for her charge attacks because they have no indication of anything. Do they seriously expect us to count the seconds in the heat of a battle? Not to mention they don't even tell us how long it takes to reach each charge in the movelist. A simple spark on the weapons would help.

So Okubo said that the roster choice will be base on fitting those 2 'base foundation' characters Aka Mitsurugi and Sophitia.

So can we suggest from there that Viola and Z.W.E.I. are confirmed dead lol?

So Okubo said that the roster choice will be base on fitting those 2 'base foundation' characters Aka Mitsurugi and Sophitia.

So can we suggest from there that Viola and Z.W.E.I. are confirmed dead lol?

Viola, ZWEI and a lot of other characters too :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back