Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing Sophitia's cleavage and talking about it is much different from pushing the camera directly into it and advertising SC as tits-simulator-2018.
Sophie's cleavage is what got me into the series/franchise in the first place.The reason behind my enlightenment.

They used one of them here too.

Rpfoqz2.jpg
~~Is there one for Sophie?~~

Purity of a game doesn't matter unless you're trying to pitch a game to your parents.

If you're worried about people looking down at your game, look at smash's unmatched female purity

Saiyne listened to this advice and he won NEC.
Futabot, I must say that your picture is majestic. We would be great friends.

I said in another thread, I will say it again

Bring Z.W.E.I back because he was the hot one.
Hot? Sophie > everything else.

I'm fine with having a couple of characters who fill that role or if people want to customize their characters to make them sexy, but it becomes an issue when the game makes it a focus like they started with the slo mo shots of Sophie's cleavage.
I honestly don't think that was their intention.

I could have sworn every website source said that Kate Higgins did the voice, so its not that people are just guessing that. It might be wrong but its always been listed as Kate. Though Scheherazade in SCIV is credited to Stephanie Sheh, even though the voice sounds nothing like her.
The English VA credits for this series has always been wonky at best. Shura was credited as Laura Bailey on a million websites despite sounding absolutely nothing like her. I'm pretty certain that's actually Karen Strassman. And up until recently I was under the impression that Colleen O'Shaughnessey played Natsu's voice since that's who she was first credited as, but then I saw Kate Higgins listed as her VA a few weeks ago so I went back and listened to her voice more carefully and it was especially apparent to me that it was Kate after hearing that one line Natsu has in the Story Mode. As far as Scheherazade, I'm with you there. Stephanie's voice is pretty easily recognizable, regardless of what pitch she speaks at, and I just don't hear it with Scheherazade.

Talim and Pyrrha could have fit the same archetype but what they tried to do with Pyrrha is what Talim avoided. Talim is more of a genuine character (though I prefer her in SCII), while Pyrrha ended up being gratingly whiny and moe. I get Talim's gimmick is being cute and innocent but, I do miss her assertive, wiser characterization in SCII. Though which do Talim fans really prefer?

To be frank, I think that it is a fan by fan thing. I, personally prefer, the later iterations of her (which might be an unpopular opinion).

I wouldn't mind, however, seeing a return of SCII Talim. It would be refreshing in a way to see her more determined.

I would loveeeeeeeeeee if Talim's V-Trigger state was her with wind surrounding her blades similar to Asuma in Naruto having Chakra around his blades. What if the wind made her faster lmao

I wasn't aware she had such a large fan base. No offense to Talim fans, but I always thought she was somewhat insignificant, because of how minor her roles are in the story and how I barely see her [or even win] online. I thought her popularity was due to her exclusion from SCV. People wanted to an older Talim, especially since they aged Hilde. But with her gone, there's a sudden demand to bring her back. Hence, the birth of "Muh Talim."
My feelings of Talim are similar to yours, though to me I feel Talim is a character that has a large amount of potential to be important but it's never really been able to hit the mark it should. Talim does have a charming personality but her lack of significance in the main storyline makes it difficult for her character to grow. She has a very unique fighting style but that itself is bogged down by how underwhelming it is competitively, not to mention other characters such as Voldo and Yoshimitsu have styles that are just as unique and possess more utility than her. If they give her a more prominent role in the new timeline and improve her fighting style then perhaps Talim will live up to the potential she has.

Also for some reason I get the funny feeling that once Talim has returned to the series, at least half of her "fans" (aka the MUH TALIMS not her actual supporters) will end up deserting her and resume to ignoring her before she got the boot from V.

Talim is super adorable, has unique gameplay and design and add a variety to the roster. So for me she's legit and welcome.

And yeah i can see her using Wind in some kind in her Attack, but as said above, no for projectiles.

Tho the characters i miss most that weren't in SCV are Kilik, Zasalamel, Setsuka, and Yun Seung. Those all need to be in SC6.

Last edited:
Debatable. I mean Talim's character in SCII was different than it was in SCIII. The moe thing that Talim has now was really her shift in SCIII, as opposed to her more generic but passable character in SCII. Still, her marketing on just being the innocent character is still more self-supported than it being an innuendo most of the time. Amy on the other hand, is much more overtly sexualized for some reason by PS, looking at how PS advertised her in LS with those hentai outfits and Seoung Mi-na's P2 outfit, plus the fact she is treated more like a CAS character than any other official character is. Talim is at least taken more seriously by PS than Amy is.

Didn't every female character that got into that F2P game got over-sexualized just to sell more loot boxes or whatever it was in that game, sure it was disgusting and all, but hey, I don't really care, and you shouldn't either as long as all the money they got from that game went in the budget of SC6 (and I hope they got a lot of it :p) that game cost nothing to make, they just reused a lot of stuff from SC4 and 5.

It's funny how when SC6 was announced and Okubo was presented I straight up went to see his twitter and his last RT ot tweet was about this img (2015)
soulcalibur-lost-swords-22-10-2014-4_0903D4000000785751.jpg

soulcalibur-lost-swords-22-10-2014-1_09026C026C00785756.jpg

But it seems like he deleted it for some reason xD Probably a good thing because people were spamming him or something.

Mitsurugi gets shot and have a scar for the rest of his life, Sohpitia takes SE's shards and get nearly killed, but her body stays normal like a newborn baby xD

Also for some reason I get the funny feeling that once Talim has returned to the series, at least half of her "fans" (aka the MUH TALIMS not her actual supporters) will end up deserting her and resume to ignoring her before she got the boot from V.

Muh Talim

Oh... my god, really now, this is a thing, send the guy a doctor xD I really hope this I just a joke it looks like one :p

Off topic: Merry Caliburmas to you all!

On topic: while I'm not a fan of Talim, her personality wasn't as annoying as Leixia's imho. But they do need to rework her because if she keeps talking so much about winds, either she is obsessed and got a restraining order from the wind goddess, or our dear Talim ate something that gave her stomach pain with only one way to relieve herself.

But if the wind element is added, parsimony is required. Adding it as a V-Trigger feature granting her pressure like Viola's orb would be quite interesting I think ^^

This is Ivy, that's in itself is already a good enough reason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
True BUT ^^ Ivy has always had that sexualised persona, which is well used in other games. In IV, I had the impression they decided the look at the last minute and said "Just hide the nipples, and use as few ressources as possible for her outfit".

I like the ecchi part of her designs, but the marketing in V also turned into a joke. They can put breasts as big as they want, but advertising the game around two watermelons full of polygons is a stupid move.

So in the end: yes to sexualised Ivy, no to hentai perv-marketing Ivy! (And effing no to hentai and guests costumes designers!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back