Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because many prefer Lizardman's superior SCIV movelist. I prefer it to his poor man's Kratos impression.
Most don't care about him regarldess of which, so, yeah, take what you can get, 'cause you're already getting a lot.

I doubt that would happen since he was Lizardman from SC1 onwards. Human Aeon never even showed.
It could easily happened, since its a reboot. Vergeben said that, because of that, not everything from SC1 will be confirmed, Aeon may not become a lizardman at all.

You don't reboot something by erasing everything that happened. That just alienates long time fans.
They won't erase everything, but they will erase or add a lot of stuff. Mortal Kombat managed to do this, as many events from the first trilogy didn't happen again in MK9. Soul Calibur seems to be going for the same route.

Speaking as a Nier fan, I don't think I'd want to see 2B as a guest. She's a bit too futuristic for SoulCalibur imo. However, they could add the characters from the original game, especially Nier himself. He'd fit the atmosphere and he uses a short sword, long sword, spear and magic [through Grimoire Weiss]. They could make him similar to Hilde and Ezio, by having him use more than one type of weapon.
Also, there was talk that if Nier: Automata was successful, the original Nier would be remade for current systems. It would have better combat, graphics, and whatnot. Not only WAS Automata commercially successful, but people started buying the original game on last gen consoles (hell, I was one of them). So, imo, making Nier a guest would be a good idea, because it could promote the probable remake. This is probably wishiful thinking, since they were just talking about it, but who knows :p

FNiHa.png

I think we all know Kaine is the only fitting guest from Nier, and she might be a trap, we don't know Kappa

If they planned to add two, they could. Also,

She's a confirmed hermaphrodite
I'm happy to see there are fellow NieR fans among me here. :D
I hope that the new game that Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito are confirmed to be working on (that they were hiring more people for since it's a bigger game and budget than Yoko's ever had to work with before) is a remake of the first NieR.
Yoko Taro had already established that's what he wanted to do next. And PlatinumGames is openly on-board for wanting to do it too. So let's hope!

I don't imagine they'll be doing huge reveals at events from this point on. The cat is already out of the bag.

They'll probably just piecemeal us info over time, perhaps with our good friend Vergeben leaving us delicious little breadcrumbs along the way.

Edit: with the exception of guest characters, of course. They seem like doing that.
The thing about the first half of the year is pretty scarce in regards to events and trade shows in comparison to June to December.

At the very least, I'd personally like certain characters having accents in the English version beyond just Ivy. Like Raph and Amy/Viola having French accents, Siegfried and Hilde having German accents, etc.
While all the characters speaking their native language is cool in theory, the way it's handled in Tekken is just a bit jarring to me. Like, everyone in the cast apparently being multilingual, despite never once speaking any of those other languages just creates something of a disconnect. For me, anyway. Not looking for immersion in a fighting game or anything, just a narrative that is easy for me to follow lol.
It's cool that you brought Overwatch cause i think they did it well, all characters speak English, but sometime they say something in their native language which give them more personality. But when they speak to each other it's always English (or whatever common language, depends on how you set up language of your game), which make way more sens than T6/7 for example, where characters speak with their own language with each others like it's nothing, and that's end up looking a bit weird imo.
Nothing more immersion breaking than two characters carrying on a conversation with one character speaking Japanese and the other speaking French, and they continue to do so forever. Nobody does that in real life. Even people who speak Spanish and English speak Spanglish for a reason.
There's not even intermingling of languages going on to make it a little less absurd in Tekken.

Reading @Vergeben 2 LS leaks in the same sitting really brought my Seong Mina stanning heart all the way up just to piledrive it all the way down to the earths core.
I'm sorry. >.<
I wouldn't completely give up hope. But it is sounding less likely that she'll be on SCVI the heavy story focus more than anything. Them retelling SC1 with aspects of SE, SCII, and SCIII when she throughout the series has been a character outside of the main plot and narrative (same with Hwang and Yun-Seong) doesn't speak well to any of their chances.
Talim being a character they are including from what I've heard, despite being inconsequential to the main story before, is due to her overwhelming popularity and (I imagine) giving her an actual purpose in the story now to make up for it in this reboot.
Obviously they could do the same to any 3 of the Koreans. But my faith in that happening is far less now that I know what I know.

I would love to see and play a Kusarigama character. But maybe they thing it will have some similar move than Ivy chains / rope.
I think they could pull it off and be unique and different for the series. Just looking at how Nioh, Samurai Warriors, and Dynasty Warriors games have done Kusarigama movesets, they could take inspiration from things like those and adapt it their own way and put their own touch on aspects from things done here:
https://imgur.com/IeFPW8T

Can somebody link me the Aeon, Taki, Ivy, Cassandra, and Seong posts by Vergeben (as well as any others after the Xianghua leak)? I see those mentioned but can't find them myself.

Really? That's pretty cool. People asking for classic Lizard "I'm not Sophitia" Man really hit me as weird.

Oh my god yes please to both of these. It makes absolutely no sense to me why SF is the only game that has per-character language selection, since that just requires copy-pasting the language coding for every character instead of just once. There's no real reason I can't have Japanese (and other Oriental) characters speak Japanese with all of the Westerners speaking English.

As for accents, I hate that every character has an American accent (barring a few like Ivy and Cervantes). It really hammers in the "anime dub" feeling most ENG fighting games have. Even if they come off as a little goofy, accents add flair and personality to characters and emphasize the whole "world warrior" appeal most fighters like to advertise.
Taki:
https://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-6-discussion.16355/page-480#post-725775

Story mode is mainly going to cover SC1, but events from Soul Edge/Blade, SCII, and SCIII will be present in some shape or form.
Apparently "a lot of the SCIII-V characters will be reserved for DLC. Hilde is likely one of them."
And "most of Lost Swords' cast will be in SCVI. You can pretty much deduce who will and who won't. And as for the characters that weren't on V, but were added to Lost Swords that will be in: Taki and Cassandra, obviously Sophitia who's already confirmed, but probably not Mi-Na."

I asked what's up with Amy then since they didn't say her name with those "characters that weren't on V but added to Lost Swords" and they brought up the chance that she might just appear as Viola from now on, but they currently have no confirmation of that for sure.
Source: https://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-6-discussion.16355/page-489#post-726038

The character select screen isn't final, but 20 is going to be minimum before DLC.
Some characters (incomplete and otherwise) are being held back for DLC unfortunately. I was told the game will most likely have more characters than SCV though. But just don't expect 30+ characters or whatever at launch.
Maxi's in (so is Astaroth) and Maxi might be gay on VI and tied to his story (his lover gets killed along with his crew by Astaroth), also includes an update and whole Switch version thing not having been confirmed alongside the game's reveal and the Xbox One version that I didn't have a confirmation of beforehand:
https://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-6-discussion.16355/page-433#post-724353

The only reason why I didn't know that the direction went in with SCVI was a reboot was because the source I had before coming into contact with my main SCVI source now had been told it was a sequel to VI. Which was outdated information since it originally was at a point before the shakeup with Project Soul, as the Passion Republic stuff that leaked was actually based on what the game was originally going to be at an much earlier point, so they were unaware of the development change (and only knew of the game being PS4 exclusive aside from being on PC. They didn't hear of an Xbox One or the stuff that outlier source had heard about a Switch version)
The source I've come into contact since my Leakileaks post on reddit is the one who's so far been spot on with what they told me that I put out there that's been revealed so far aka the new guy at the end of the reveal trailer and Soul Charge being a V-Trigger-like mechanic namely.

Xianghua:
https://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-6-discussion.16355/page-265#post-719595

Talim:
https://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-6-discussion.16355/page-284#post-720031

The new guy shown at the end of the SCVI reveal trailer I leaked info about back on November 29th:
https://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-6-discussion.16355/page-237#post-718918

The other newcomer that I know about is the new guy's parent. They also utilize a new moveset for the series and not meant to be replacing anybody.

I'd have to go through all 10 pages of my post archive for myself here for the other stuff, but to sum up the rest:
Kilik (with the staff, obvious as to why now with how the timeline and game is being handled), Siegfried, Nightmare, Ivy, and Tira are in as well.
Heard that Zasalamel is "very likely" but signs are pointing a bit more to him possibly being DLC.

I haven't said or heard anything about Aeon/Lizardman yet. I don't know where that exactly came from or how that was misconstrued.

Last edited:
As for accents, I hate that every character has an American accent (barring a few like Ivy and Cervantes). It really hammers in the "anime dub" feeling most ENG fighting games have. Even if they come off as a little goofy, accents add flair and personality to characters and emphasize the whole "world warrior" appeal most fighters like to advertise.
I'd rather they do accents, because there is a lot more they can do with them. Its also more immersive for audiences to hear the fact that they come from recognizable foreign places, but only if we understand what they are saying. Where as them all just speaking different languages to each other, not only doesn't make sense in-universe (because they might as well just all be speaking english then) but it only comes out as gibberish to people who don't understand them. With accents, they can be much more creative with the voice acting, which I think the series could use - as opposed to the heavy Americanization that the newer characters seems to have, especially ones from SCV. (Lexia & Natsu being the worst offenders, and Cassandra was already pushing it). I think they would only sound like bad acting if the VAs themselves don't speak fluent English, where as if they got VAs that did, maybe it would sound more natural in delivery.

@Vergeben It would be cool if DLC characters came with their own bonus chapters with them, so they don't just seem like floating extras in the roster. I never liked that aspect of having DLC characters if they just came as irrelevant additions.

Last edited:
Personally, best case Lizardman scenario for me is that we get him as Aeon (spartan warrior like sophitia), and he never becomes Lizardman. That's probably not gonna happen, so I more realistic best case scenario for me is that we get both Aeon and Lizardman, just with the same moveset as different costumes.

Although, since they're focusing on the story, Aeon was turned into Lizardman by the same guy who created Astaroth, so that could make for something.
How'd you feel about this?
002b.gif

So with meter being back in, it's weird that we haven't seen BEs being used yet. I know that most people aren't fans of meter as a whole, but since we have it back we might as well get the BEs. I like how they can expand a moveset and add different ways to use moves, like how a 3B BE for Mitsu can catch people who try and attack after the first attack.

And it's kind of weird that we have a meter but can only use a whole one at a time, and aren't able to use half of it or a part like other games with meter.

I hope that we don't get BE's back. Or at least if we do, they'd be completely new moves like Ivy's :6::b-small::8::A+B+K: , instead of turning already existing moves into BEs. Turning Ivy's SS into a BE was lazy and stupid.

They won't erase everything, but they will erase or add a lot of stuff. Mortal Kombat managed to do this, as many events from the first trilogy didn't happen again in MK9. Soul Calibur seems to be going for the same route.
Then why the fanfic that Aeon will magically be human?

Then why the fanfic that Aeon will magically be human?
Because Aeon was a human befor he was turned into a Lizardman

Edit:
http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Aeon_Calcos
Just take a look in his history/biography

Edit2:
Sorry didn't saw all posts:
Since it is a reboot and not really bound to the original history - we could have an alternative where we actually play Aeons history from the beginning of his journey - maybe even an story where he gets back his soul and can turn back into human (maybe never turned into lizardman - because there are acutally many lizardmans in the SC universe (like the lizardman in SC2)
Maybe 1P Aeon Calcos as a Human with his Sword and Shield
And 2P Lizard Aeon with his SC5 style.

The point is - the devs are not bound that much to the original history.

Last edited:
How about we get to see him as a human being in his arcade mode intro/outro? Introducing him as a human and showing how everything went down that resulted in his transformation. Only issue is if this human form is going to playable. It would be pretty sick to play as a his human form in the beginning and as the the stages progress, he transforms. The issue is that it would require a completely new style for him as Aeon Calcos. 'Cause i can't imagine a human using crawl stance aside from cringy CaS. Human Aeon using Lizardman's move set & stances seem just wrong.

How about we get to see him as a human being in his arcade mode intro/outro? Introducing him as a human and showing how everything went down that resulted in his transformation. Only issue is if this human form is going to playable. It would be pretty sick to play as a his human form in the beginning and as the the stages progress, he transforms. The issue is that it would require a completely new style for him as Aeon Calcos. 'Cause i can't imagine a human using crawl stance aside from cringy CaS. Human Aeon using Lizardman's move set & stances seem just wrong.
They could recycle Pat's Style for Human Aeon

Hmmm... that's actually not a bad idea. Aside from how awful Patroklos is as a character, his fighting style is pretty solid. That would be pretty interesting.
That's how i see it too ^^
Also a way would be Pat's style fused with some of Aeons (Lizardmans) S&S style from SC1 and maybe some of his SC3,4 Axe and Sword style moves, without the beast like attacks.
Since Lizardmans SC1 style is very similar to Sophitia's style - it would really fit the most.

The issue with Aeon is that the way his character is presented doesn't really give any reasons for people to like him aside of a very meh moveset. Yes, he is "unique" in appearence, but everything else about him is incredibly bland and he himself has no importance whatsoever. The thing is that, the only way people may end up bonding with him right now, is having his human side focused so we can feel for him when he becomes a lizard, but even then, people will end up asking for him to get back to his human form again, which beats the purpose of turning him into a lizard. None of the games ever showed any effort to make us like his monster form, so its hard to see it happening without help of his human form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back