Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm not the only one then :p other Frenchies think the same, that's cool to know.
I mean it is quite ridiculous, and I really like Heather Hogan performance as both Amy and Viola, hope she comes back Raphaels VA is great too (don't remember his name but I think he had 2 VAs)
Please, I'm Belgian! Our accents are usually better (especially in Flanders) ^^

Ooooh no please, no French accent! It's quite ridiculous! The French are always mocked for their outrageous accent. Raphael and Amy are fine the way they are now! Let's not turn SC into that ridiculous Tekken "everybody-speaks-and-understands-every-language-on-earth", nor give the characters accents...
But Maxi with an Australian accent would give him so much character.

4. This is more of an observation that becomes a question, but for years now, the weapons/movesets I see people online ask for consistently and probably the most at this point that has yet to be included in the Soul series is a Kusarigama, ball and chain, and ball and chain styled flail.
Speaking strictly on the Kusarigama, my question then is, do they or have they had plans on adding a character that uses one.... eventually?
Because there's a lot of potential with that and serves a totally new purpose and style for the series.
I know the series always has a ninja (Taki, but Natsu on V, and Yoshimitsu and the Manjitou are rumored to be ninjas as well) so them adding another ninja who uses a Kusarigama would be a great inclusion.
Maybe a male ninja, and from a rival clan to the Fu-Ma ninja clan that Taki belongs to, or even rivaling Yoshimitsu and the Manji clan.
Sure, they don't even absolutely have to make the character a ninja either if they don't want to, though it would make sense thematically given what the weapon has connections to.
I would love to see and play a Kusarigama character. But maybe they thing it will have some similar move than Ivy chains / rope.

I'll be skeptical and assume if the character was in SCI and also in SCIV or SCV they 95% confirmed to be back.
I don't know about SCIV since that had basically every character except for the really minor ones, but I certainly agree about 1 and 5.

I don't know about SCIV since that had basically every character except for the really minor ones, but I certainly agree about 1 and 5.

Considering the roster for this game will be small in comparison to SCV (before DLC that is) you should consider there is plenty of room for basically everyone from SC1.

There were 19 characters in SC1. Minus Hwang and Inferno and that gives you 17.

Those 17 characters returned to either SCIV for SCV. Take out Edgemaster and that's 16. Plenty of room for a guest and new characters.

Until we know how big the roster will be and how many, if any of the SC2 or SC3 characters will return it's very plausible that all those SC1 characters are back.

Can somebody link me the Aeon, Taki, Ivy, Cassandra, and Seong posts by Vergeben (as well as any others after the Xianghua leak)? I see those mentioned but can't find them myself.

Aeon with dual axes confirmed also.
Really? That's pretty cool. People asking for classic Lizard "I'm not Sophitia" Man really hit me as weird.

I've been wanting something like Sf's language options for the longest.

At the very least, I'd personally like certain characters having accents in the English version beyond just Ivy. Like Raph and Amy/Viola having French accents, Siegfried and Hilde having German accents, etc.
Oh my god yes please to both of these. It makes absolutely no sense to me why SF is the only game that has per-character language selection, since that just requires copy-pasting the language coding for every character instead of just once. There's no real reason I can't have Japanese (and other Oriental) characters speak Japanese with all of the Westerners speaking English.

As for accents, I hate that every character has an American accent (barring a few like Ivy and Cervantes). It really hammers in the "anime dub" feeling most ENG fighting games have. Even if they come off as a little goofy, accents add flair and personality to characters and emphasize the whole "world warrior" appeal most fighters like to advertise.

Last edited:
Personally, best case Lizardman scenario for me is that we get him as Aeon (spartan warrior like sophitia), and he never becomes Lizardman. That's probably not gonna happen, so I more realistic best case scenario for me is that we get both Aeon and Lizardman, just with the same moveset as different costumes.

Although, since they're focusing on the story, Aeon was turned into Lizardman by the same guy who created Astaroth, so that could make for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back